Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced
Aug 4, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #1,611 of 1,746
Not surprising now, but for individuals who want to try something better than the Mojo, but not spend Hugo 2 or Qutest money, then these last few new 2Qutes are a bargain.
Exactly, that was my reason for buying one, a year or two ago I would not have been able to afford it, Thanks to it being phased out, I 'm now able to have the best sound I've ever heard from my system.

Aug 4, 2018 at 5:55 PM Post #1,612 of 1,746
Best £690 I've spent. Sold my Naim Nds and don't miss it one bit. There was enough chat on the Naim forum comparing the Hugo/2qute to the Nds that I knew I wouldn't regret selling it (and pocket the massive difference ).
I imagine Chord will bring out a new version of the quetest in 2-3 years time. I'll happily live with the 2qute until then and hopefully pick up a bargain quetest.
Great synergy with my Auris ha2-se headphone amp.

Aug 4, 2018 at 6:06 PM Post #1,613 of 1,746
Yeah it seems like a great buy. Might pull the trigger even though I'm still reeling from four figure damage this week.

Does anyone know of the optical input would work for a smart TV, or only for Android,iOS, Mac and Windows with driver?

Aug 4, 2018 at 6:10 PM Post #1,614 of 1,746
Thats
Best £690 I've spent. Sold my Naim Nds and don't miss it one bit. There was enough chat on the Naim forum comparing the Hugo/2qute to the Nds that I knew I wouldn't regret selling it (and pocket the massive difference ).
I imagine Chord will bring out a new version of the quetest in 2-3 years time. I'll happily live with the 2qute until then and hopefully pick up a bargain quetest.
Great synergy with my Auris ha2-se headphone amp.
That's probably what I'll do, the 2Qute is so good I'm happy to wait for the qutest to drop in price, at the moment I don't feel like I'm losing out.

Aug 5, 2018 at 6:25 AM Post #1,615 of 1,746
Does anyone know of the optical input would work for a smart TV, or only for Android,iOS, Mac and Windows with driver?
Optical doesn't need a driver. Any TOSLink output on any device will work.

Aug 7, 2018 at 1:33 PM Post #1,616 of 1,746
I am wondering why not more audio enthusiasts jump on the discounted 2Qute. There are 50.000+ Mojo owners out there. I was one of them.
2Qute is available for £6-700 new. I bought mine for £500 secondhand.
IMO it sounds better than Mojo. I am 100% sure this is the best stand alone DAC under £1000. Paired with a good amp you are punching way above what the price would suggest.
For enthusiasts who don't have thousands to burn, this is the deal of the year.

Aug 7, 2018 at 2:11 PM Post #1,617 of 1,746
I am wondering why not more audio enthusiasts jump on the discounted 2Qute. There are 50.000+ Mojo owners out there. I was one of them.
2Qute is available for £6-700 new. I bought mine for £500 secondhand.
IMO it sounds better than Mojo. I am 100% sure this is the best stand alone DAC under £1000. Paired with a good amp you are punching way above what the price would suggest.
For enthusiasts who don't have thousands to burn, this is the deal of the year.

Yes it seems like a great deal. Even better than mojo considering the extended warranty and no battery issues to worry about. It seems most of what I could find left at a discounted price in the UK is exdemo. Not many new ones knocking around

Aug 22, 2018 at 7:41 AM Post #1,618 of 1,746
Does Anyone know if the 2qute will accept usb from an android (eg galaxy note 8) with an otg cable? Planning to use usb audio player pro to stream tidal without up sampling (works for mojo)
In regards to the couple mentions I've hear of dropouts or clicks/pops, is this a major or unrectifiable issue with many devices? Is it related to the input connection mode or the device itself? Are there any other issues?

Would it be acceptable to keep the 2qute in operation constantly or would this significantly shorten the lifespan (e.g if used in general round the clock for all sounds from a computer or TV)? In this case would it be better to use it just for music?

Aug 22, 2018 at 8:50 AM Post #1,619 of 1,746
Does Anyone know if the 2qute will accept usb from an android (eg galaxy note 8) with an otg cable? Planning to use usb audio player pro to stream tidal without up sampling (works for mojo)
In regards to the couple mentions I've hear of dropouts or clicks/pops, is this a major or unrectifiable issue with many devices? Is it related to the input connection mode or the device itself? Are there any other issues?

Would it be acceptable to keep the 2qute in operation constantly or would this significantly shorten the lifespan (e.g if used in general round the clock for all sounds from a computer or TV)? In this case would it be better to use it just for music?
2Qute is designed to be always on. It doesn't even have a power switch.
I can't see why it wouldn't work from Android OTG with the proper usb cables.

Aug 25, 2018 at 7:17 AM Post #1,620 of 1,746
Does anyone know how much of an issue the 3v output would be compared to a standard 2v ? I'm planning to use with with a Cyrus One Amplifier to drive Kef LS50 speakers. I have emailed the amp manufacturer as the manual doesn't state the max input voltage, but I wanted to ask if anyone had a general idea of how it would fare?

Would there be noticeable distortion or clipping if the amp is only rated to 2v maximum line level input ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back