Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
May 25, 2024 at 12:50 PM Post #18,901 of 19,125
Looks to me that the update server that Chord use, has an expired SSL cert. When I browse device settings on my Poly, my AV (Bitdefender) flags this URL as insecure : https://chordupdates.co.uk
Trying to connect to the url you post, brings up this message.
Are you aware @ChordElectronics?
1716655789885.png

May 25, 2024 at 1:16 PM Post #18,903 of 19,125
May 25, 2024 at 1:33 PM Post #18,904 of 19,125
Trying to connect to the url you post, brings up this message.
Are you aware @ChordElectronics?
1716655789885.png
Its probably time to let this thread die with a final post about what a terrible experience being a Poly owner has been. Especially those of us who beta tested the thing until the firmware got close and never received what was promised

May 25, 2024 at 1:51 PM Post #18,908 of 19,125
A $600 hunk of plastic with a forever draining battery in it

More aluminum than plastic really. Surprised you haven’t sold it. They do have good secondary market value.

IIRC the firmware update was to direct the poly to a new update server. No performance or usability enhancements.

Still loving mine!! Use it almost daily for streaming Roon around the house.

Same here. And others I know use it and love it.

Last edited:
May 25, 2024 at 2:07 PM Post #18,910 of 19,125
Maybe you're more forgiving if you take into account, that Poly is a continuously running server with a battery, and if you pull the plug, every server would shut off some time later. But it's better not hurling, everyone might struggle setting it back on track. You better not touched it more than five times :wink: @rwelles same here, works like a charm since April 2023. Every day. Six hours a day minimum.

May 25, 2024 at 2:18 PM Post #18,911 of 19,125
Its probably time to let this thread die with a final post about what a terrible experience being a Poly owner has been. Especially those of us who beta tested the thing until the firmware got close and never received what was promised
but also no, I love my Poly with Roon and Audirvana but especially outside the house with the mSD and its fantastic MPD integration which works 100 times out of 100 and the battery lasts longer than that of the Mojo 2

May 25, 2024 at 2:29 PM Post #18,912 of 19,125
More aluminum than plastic really. Surprised you haven’t sold it. They do have good secondary market value.

IIRC the firmware update was to direct the poly to a new update server. No performance or usability enhancements.

Same here. And others I know use it and love it.
IMO you could trick the Poly if you pinpoint the update server's name to the new IP-address in "/etc/hosts" of the primary server of your local network. That is what everyone could try. But in the end it's a task of Chord, but in order to do this you should know how to write a correct DNS-entry in the correct and _central_ DNS-server, maybe this is outsourced, too. The person doing this and not knowing much about could mess it up easily.

May 25, 2024 at 6:32 PM Post #18,914 of 19,125
Agreed 👍
Ohhh, I need to check my battery 😒

May 25, 2024 at 6:48 PM Post #18,915 of 19,125
need some help, maybe I am crazy but how the hell do I stream Tidal or qobuz to a chord poly? My chord poly is connected to my network, and my phone as well, but mconnect doesn't see my Chord poly? firmware is 3.2.0 something

Really start to annoy me by now, I am already trying 3 hours to try to stream my DLNA shared music on my Synology nas through mconnect to my chord poly. But Tidal and Qobuz doesn't work either. if it is like this, it is totally useless.

I work in IT for 30 years, this is just crazy, what is it with this device? Go Figure keeps crashing, issues with my Wifi mesh network (which is configures as 2.4G as well)

somebody knows a decent way? because neither of the youtube video's or explanations work.

I need the following:
- Stream all my DLNA shares music files from my Synology nas to my Chord Poly, through my wifi network, not hotspot. (NOT apple airplay, no bluetooth, but lossless streamed through my wifi network)
- Stream Qobuz.

I read mconnect everywhere, but that doesn't work.

thanks

The following keeps happening as well with my Iphone 15, moment after moment after moment: (I already did factory reset 14 times)
IMG_7389.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back