Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Sep 5, 2023 at 3:03 AM Post #18,106 of 18,957
This quite expensive component (Poly) is a joke. I have never been so frustrated trying to simply play music in my home. I have Mojo/Poly connected to my KEF LS50 wireless speakers. After a long day at work, I come home to listen to some tunes. Press the power button to turn Mojo on... Poly won't "wake up". Unplug Mojo and Poly from each other, replug, turn Mojo back on... Poly not detected on wifi network. Plug charging cable back into Poly, wait 15 seconds, power Mojo back up, Poly not giving blue light. Turn off Mojo/Poly again, take a deep breath. Wait a beat, power Mojo back up again. Get a blue light from Poly! Go to iPhone and select Gofigure... not responding. Swipe up to stop app, then tap Gofigure again. Not responding. Go to MConnect app... device not detected. I just now unplugged and disconnected Mojo, Poly, charger cable, and headphone cable and removed them from my system. I can't take it any longer. The components I just booted out will not be hooked up to my system ever again. I'm DONE. I grabbed a USB cable and connected My Surface Pro to my LS50 speakers, fired up Foobar 2000 and instantly had music playing. No hiccups, drop outs, sudden disconnects, nor device not detected. I am selling my Poly on eBay and probably my Mojo as well. The aggravation to make it work is just not worth it.
Poly is like the audio version of an EV, some get on with them and some can't wait to get rid. :)

Sep 5, 2023 at 9:53 AM Post #18,110 of 18,957
This quite expensive component (Poly) is a joke. I have never been so frustrated trying to simply play music in my home. I have Mojo/Poly connected to my KEF LS50 wireless speakers. After a long day at work, I come home to listen to some tunes. Press the power button to turn Mojo on... Poly won't "wake up". Unplug Mojo and Poly from each other, replug, turn Mojo back on... Poly not detected on wifi network. Plug charging cable back into Poly, wait 15 seconds, power Mojo back up, Poly not giving blue light. Turn off Mojo/Poly again, take a deep breath. Wait a beat, power Mojo back up again. Get a blue light from Poly! Go to iPhone and select Gofigure... not responding. Swipe up to stop app, then tap Gofigure again. Not responding. Go to MConnect app... device not detected. I just now unplugged and disconnected Mojo, Poly, charger cable, and headphone cable and removed them from my system. I can't take it any longer. The components I just booted out will not be hooked up to my system ever again. I'm DONE. I grabbed a USB cable and connected My Surface Pro to my LS50 speakers, fired up Foobar 2000 and instantly had music playing. No hiccups, drop outs, sudden disconnects, nor device not detected. I am selling my Poly on eBay and probably my Mojo as well. The aggravation to make it work is just not worth it.
I don’t understand what either Mojo or Poly has to do with playing to your wireless speakers?

Sep 5, 2023 at 10:26 AM Post #18,111 of 18,957
How are you connecting Mojo to your KEF LS50?

Sep 5, 2023 at 10:29 AM Post #18,112 of 18,957
O
Poly is like the audio version of an EV, some get on with them and some can't wait to get rid. :)
Poly is an amazing and unique product - a hi-res portable streamer just designed for the Mojo/Mojo 2. I’ve been using it for several years and have had no issues. The latest firmware update has made it even easier especially when switching between different inputs. If your Poly isn’t working maybe seek support from where you bought it. It’s most likely that the unit has a malfunction or you are doing something incorrectly. Either way, it should be sorted.
In normal use Poly is a great portable streaming option.

Just a quick point, the latest firmware has added some radio stations within GoFigure but apart from that and switching between hotspot mode, it’s not often that you actually need to use the GoFigure ap. It’s much better to use Rigelian or Mconnect (for the SD card), Roon or AirPlay to control output. GoFigure is a ‘set-up’ ap really.

Sep 5, 2023 at 11:37 AM Post #18,115 of 18,957
No longer using it. Much too frustrating. I used 3.5mm to stereo RCA cable.
OK, but no one here can understand how you were trying to connect your Mojo to your wireless speakers. Mojo only has analog output via the headphone sockets, so couldn't connect wirelessly to your speakers.
Poly only streams to Mojo via usb, it cannot wirelessly transmit to your speakers.

Sep 5, 2023 at 12:37 PM Post #18,116 of 18,957
OK, but no one here can understand how you were trying to connect your Mojo to your wireless speakers. Mojo only has analog output via the headphone sockets, so couldn't connect wirelessly to your speakers.
Poly only streams to Mojo via usb, it cannot wirelessly transmit to your speakers.
Never mentioned I was trying to get Mojo to connect wirelessly to LS50 (not possible). I plugged a 3.5mm cable to Mojo headphone out, this was then connected to RCA input on LS50w.

Sep 5, 2023 at 12:50 PM Post #18,117 of 18,957
Never mentioned I was trying to get Mojo to connect wirelessly to LS50 (not possible). I plugged a 3.5mm cable to Mojo headphone out, this was then connected to RCA input on LS50w.
Given the price of the KEF speakers I’d have thought their DAC would be impressive in itself. Not sure what a Mojo would improve. The issues you describe seem to be power/Wi-Fi issues and without more information it’s difficult to locate where the problem lies. But as people have said, they are not things most Mojo/Poly users experience.

Sep 5, 2023 at 1:39 PM Post #18,118 of 18,957
I’m convinced that my network was the problem. Whether Poly may be more (too?) sensitive to configuration, that may be. But Roon, DLNA, and hotspot away from home all work very well for me. Just hate that pin! If warmed or recently charging, it will turn on pretty reliably. If not, I usually have to break the Mojo/Poly connection and reassemble while on to get Poly to turn on. This mostly since 1.06.

I also used to get dropouts at my listening location over AirPlay with an Apple TV. Same when I first got Poly. I upgraded the supplied modem/router with a Netgear from Costco. No other APs. I tried various channels after scanning the environment. Initially had good luck with channel 1, but then other networks started to conflict. I set the router back to letting it decide. Really, no other special settings. All lowercase SSID with no spaces or special characters.

I actually could not be happier with the sound from MojoPoly over Roon and other modes. When the convenience factors are addressed with the app, even better. I know it’s not everyone’s experience, and I can’t even say it’s network issues for everyone where it’s not working, but just reporting my experience. Hope it helps.
If warmed or recently charging, it will turn on pretty reliably. If not, I usually have to break the Mojo/Poly connection and reassemble while on to get Poly to turn on.
Totally unacceptable to have to put up with this.

Sep 5, 2023 at 2:07 PM Post #18,119 of 18,957
To quote from your post:
"I have Mojo/Poly connected to my KEF LS50 wireless speakers."

How else do you expect people to interpret this, other than you tried to connect Mojo wirelessly to a wireless speaker?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back