Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Sep 5, 2023 at 4:46 PM Post #18,121 of 19,010
Totally understand your frustration. Did you buy it new as it might be worth giving your dealer a call and seeing if they can help with a solution?

How did it sound in comparison with the streaming board in the LS50W?

Sep 5, 2023 at 11:30 PM Post #18,122 of 19,010
After a few times of turning on, waiting, turning off, repeat, I do remove it from the case and disengage. This will work. I was hoping the update would eliminate the need for this. Perhaps a future one.

Any estimated-guesstimated date on the app release?

Strange thing about frustration and human nature: once something is working to expectation, the frustration, itself, is often forgotten.
I’m convinced that my network was the problem. Whether Poly may be more (too?) sensitive to configuration, that may be. But Roon, DLNA, and hotspot away from home all work very well for me. Just hate that pin! If warmed or recently charging, it will turn on pretty reliably. If not, I usually have to break the Mojo/Poly connection and reassemble while on to get Poly to turn on. This mostly since 1.06.

I also used to get dropouts at my listening location over AirPlay with an Apple TV. Same when I first got Poly. I upgraded the supplied modem/router with a Netgear from Costco. No other APs. I tried various channels after scanning the environment. Initially had good luck with channel 1, but then other networks started to conflict. I set the router back to letting it decide. Really, no other special settings. All lowercase SSID with no spaces or special characters.

I actually could not be happier with the sound from MojoPoly over Roon and other modes. When the convenience factors are addressed with the app, even better. I know it’s not everyone’s experience, and I can’t even say it’s network issues for everyone where it’s not working, but just reporting my experience. Hope it helps.

After a few times of turning on, waiting, turning off, repeat, I do remove it from the case and disengage.
And you find this acceptable on a $800.00 audio component???

Sep 6, 2023 at 5:25 AM Post #18,123 of 19,010
I have the rather excellent ASUS ZenWiFi Pro ET12 setup that has been outstanding with everything other than Poly.
https://www.asus.com/uk/networking-...m/zenwifi-wifi-systems/asus-zenwifi-pro-et12/

Any tips you can share for ASUS routers specifically?

I was considering replacing my BT whole home wifi for some time. I hadn't come across the Asus system until your post. I bought it at the weekend. It's phenomenally good. So far I've not had any issues with Poly (or anything else). I don't use Roon, but do stream across the 2 AP's from a NAS server. Is yours working alright?

Sep 6, 2023 at 5:40 AM Post #18,124 of 19,010
Works a treat, makes for turning my gigabit broadband into a consistent 700-800 mb WiFi experience. This router is quite the powerhouse and has been super stable for me.

Poly has been so-so with Roon, I don't use anything else with it. My SP3000 has been rock solid over WiFi as a Roon endpoint on the same network.

Sep 6, 2023 at 6:18 AM Post #18,125 of 19,010
Works a treat, makes for turning my gigabit broadband into a consistent 700-800 mb WiFi experience. This router is quite the powerhouse and has been super stable for me.

Poly has been so-so with Roon, I don't use anything else with it. My SP3000 has been rock solid over WiFi as a Roon endpoint on the same network.
That's exactly why I bought the Asus system, gigabit broadband, 200Mb WIFI. I kept the channels separated, the 2.4 frequency is just for Poly and one other device. The rest sit on 5Ghz, with the 6Ghz frequency used for backhaul. Fingers crossed Poly continues to play nicely on the WIFI

Sep 6, 2023 at 6:56 AM Post #18,126 of 19,010
my Mojo2+poly play flawless in a Mesh system (TP-link deco X75), no drops at all moving around.

Sep 6, 2023 at 9:02 AM Post #18,127 of 19,010
What does your doctor / audiologist think is the problem is with you?

My audiologist who performed a hearing test and looked inside my ears said she couldn't detect anything physical or from her tests to indicate why my hearing should be slightly skewed as minimum level / frequency response for both ears roughly match.

She thought it was neurological / perception issue because according to what I told her, she says I have hyperacusis (noise sensitivity) which is true, though it seems to have gotten worse over time and I now wear earplugs sometimes

I saw a consultant at the hospital, they stuck me in one of them quiet booths and tested my hearing. I already had tinnitus and doc said nothing they can do to fix it, had it for decades, but listening to loud music for hours with headphones on is an obvious hearfck. I don’t blame any manufacturer, as nobody forced the volume on me, however, the imbalance is not as bad now as it was when I first noticed it, maybe my brain getting adjusted to it and, it depends a lot on how the track was recorded. Some tracks sound A OK, but then in others I notice a slight touch of imbalance favouring my right hand side, but then a different track will come on and everything sounds better, so I think in my case that there is a fair few variables at play and no single thing in its entirety is to blame. Atleast if things turned really bad, we can atleast get a cochlear implant for free on the nhs 😂

Sep 6, 2023 at 1:25 PM Post #18,128 of 19,010
Hey,

i got a new phone and i am able to connect to poly via bluetooth. But the gofigure app doesn't show it up. I un- and reinstalled gofigure with no luck. Old phone is able to find it via gofigure. Got the latest firmware, worked well with the old phone.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Sep 6, 2023 at 2:32 PM Post #18,131 of 19,010
Hey,

i got a new phone and i am able to connect to poly via bluetooth. But the gofigure app doesn't show it up. I un- and reinstalled gofigure with no luck. Old phone is able to find it via gofigure. Got the latest firmware, worked well with the old phone.

Any ideas?

Thank you
In GoFigure have you performed a scan, and does it find Poly?
You can always check the FAQ.

Sep 6, 2023 at 3:41 PM Post #18,132 of 19,010
In GoFigure have you performed a scan, and does it find Poly?
You can always check the FAQ.
Yes, i tried everything. Used/ ignored wizard, scan to get poly, un-/ reinstall aso.

I only had to switch phones, cause the battery of my Pixel 4a was swolen and the phone died.

Update:
I got connection now after factory reset.
But my SDCard tracks aren't available anymore. Indexing finished, but nothing. Any file to delete on the card manually?

I rellay like these devices, but damn...This evening is done without enjoying any second music any second. 😅

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2023 at 3:58 PM Post #18,133 of 19,010
Yes, i tried everything. Used/ ignored wizard, scan to get poly, un-/ reinstall aso.

I only had to switch phones, cause the battery of my Pixel 4a was swolen and the phone died.

Update:
I got connection now after factory reset.
But my SDCard tracks aren't available anymore. Indexing finished, but nothing. Any file to delete on the card manually?

I rellay like these devices, but damn...This evening is done without enjoying any second music any second. 😅
Did you leave the SD card in while the factory reset was performed?
I am just wondering if the reset clears the SD card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back