Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Sep 23, 2022 at 8:59 PM Post #17,326 of 18,887
Just factory reset and my sd card still work diligently to keep refresh when start using Poly :D

Sep 23, 2022 at 9:00 PM Post #17,327 of 18,887
Just factory reset and my sd card still work diligently to keep refresh when start using Poly :D
Is it possible that mconnect force Poly to refresh database?

Sep 23, 2022 at 9:11 PM Post #17,328 of 18,887
I have been a long time Poly user and upgraded recently to Mojo2. I was really pleased to download Roon ARC the other day to be able to use Roon on-the-go. It works fine except for one feature that I have am puzzled about. My playback is lossy:

I am using AirPlay on an iPhone. My SD card playback apps play lossless at full resolution (depending on the file). I’d thought I’d post here before heading over to the Roon forum since this is likely limited to the Poly, or more likely, my configuration of the Poly.

Thanks.
Have you checked ARC’s default streaming quality settings? When not on wifi I believe the default is lossy. Have a look at the faq here if you haven’t already

https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/arc

“By default, ARC favors the highest audio quality on WiFi and “Balanced” (usually 320kbps) on mobile data.”

Sep 24, 2022 at 10:48 AM Post #17,329 of 18,887
I have been a long time Poly user and upgraded recently to Mojo2. I was really pleased to download Roon ARC the other day to be able to use Roon on-the-go. It works fine except for one feature that I have am puzzled about. My playback is lossy:
IMG_2303.PNG

I am using AirPlay on an iPhone. My SD card playback apps play lossless at full resolution (depending on the file). I’d thought I’d post here before heading over to the Roon forum since this is likely limited to the Poly, or more likely, my configuration of the Poly.

Thanks.
David, I believe the only way to play using Roon ARC streaming from iPhone is via AirPlay, which will be lossy. It would be great to get a RAAT implementation in ARC so is could be lossless. It’s an Airplay limitation, not Poly. For lossless to Mojo2, you’ll need a physical connection.

Sep 24, 2022 at 12:16 PM Post #17,330 of 18,887
David, I believe the only way to play using Roon ARC streaming from iPhone is via AirPlay, which will be lossy. It would be great to get a RAAT implementation in ARC so is could be lossless. It’s an Airplay limitation, not Poly. For lossless to Mojo2, you’ll need a physical connection.
Following the guidance from @Qualitas, I played around with the settings and came up with the following (if all my screenshot are properly paired):

1) Automatically pick best quality is on = Lossy
1.png

2) Automatically pick best quality is off, WiFi/Cellular set to Original Format = High Quality
2.png

3) Automatically pick best quality is off, WiFi/Cellular set to Balanced = Lossy
3.png

4) Automatically pick best quality is on, WiFi/Cellular (hidden) set to Balanced = Lossy
4.png

So therefore, it appears that if the settings are configured to #2, above, we may be able to get high quality (which I presume may be the original format of the recording). Factoring in Apple AirPlay, it is my understanding that the quality will be reduced to 44.1 lossless.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2022 at 1:24 PM Post #17,331 of 18,887

Thanks.
If you connect to Poly via AirPlay it isn’t “lossy” - it should be CD quality. The post from David W above shows how to set it up. Btw the issue isn't anything to do with the Poly - the "lossy" tab shows up even if playing directly through the iPhone if it isn't reset.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2022 at 11:07 AM Post #17,332 of 18,887
Was originally planning on post a request for help this morning but instead, happily, I'll post an FYI! I bought second hand a Mojo and Poly together. They worked together without issue but my main goal was to switch the Poly to my Mojo 2. The Poly wouldn't connect to the Mojo 2. The M Status light would show the battery status of the Mojo 2 but that is it. Connected it back to the original Mojo, checked the firmware since people said that was the main issue for not connecting to the Mojo 2 in many cases online. It showed V3.0. I was stumped. On a whim, I made it re-install the V3 firmware. That did it! Now it is working with my Mojo 2 perfectly! Love it!
PDopyxVm.jpg

Sep 29, 2022 at 3:45 PM Post #17,333 of 18,887
Was originally planning on post a request for help this morning but instead, happily, I'll post an FYI! I bought second hand a Mojo and Poly together. They worked together without issue but my main goal was to switch the Poly to my Mojo 2. The Poly wouldn't connect to the Mojo 2. The M Status light would show the battery status of the Mojo 2 but that is it. Connected it back to the original Mojo, checked the firmware since people said that was the main issue for not connecting to the Mojo 2 in many cases online. It showed V3.0. I was stumped. On a whim, I made it re-install the V3 firmware. That did it! Now it is working with my Mojo 2 perfectly! Love it!
PDopyxVm.jpg
Glad it is working OK.
Yes historically there are issues, because Poly needs to be connected to Mojo 1, in order to upgrade the Poly firmware to V3, but since your Mojo2 and Poly are now working OK with firmware V3, then you should be fine to continue without issues.
Of course if you do experience issues, then there are many owners on these Chord threads who can offer advice.

Oct 2, 2022 at 10:29 PM Post #17,334 of 18,887
PDopyxVm.jpg
Nice set up there: Poly/Mojo2/Focal Clear cans. Great sounding combination!

Oct 7, 2022 at 11:13 AM Post #17,336 of 18,887
Hey All - I just got a Mojo2 and I'm loving it so far. Planning to get a Poly so I can do some Roon network streaming at home. I am curious if there is any difference between the various "versions" of the Poly or if it just indicates firmware version? Is there any risk of getting an older used Poly (outside potentially less battery capacity)?

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2022 at 12:10 PM Post #17,337 of 18,887
Hey All - I just got a Mojo2 and I'm loving it so far. Planning to get a Poly so I can do some Roon network streaming at home. I am curious if there is any difference between the various "versions" of the Poly or if it just indicates firmware version? Is there any risk of getting an older used Poly (outside potentially less battery capacity)?
As far as I know, it is just different firmware. The hardware has not been changed.

Oct 7, 2022 at 2:21 PM Post #17,338 of 18,887
One more question. Anyone know if you can determine the manufacture date of a Poly based on it's serial number? I'm trying to buy one used but want to make sure it's not like 5 years old with a crapped out battery.

Oct 7, 2022 at 2:31 PM Post #17,339 of 18,887
One more question. Anyone know if you can determine the manufacture date of a Poly based on it's serial number? I'm trying to buy one used but want to make sure it's not like 5 years old with a crapped out battery.
I bought 2 Polys 2nd hand.
The first one, the guy said he'd had problems, had sent it back to Chord and they had replaced it - so the one I was getting was new and barely used... win!
The second one, was an older Se# and proved a little problematic (I posted here about it): it certainly wasn't operating as smoothly as the other one.
So I wrote to Chord, describing the issues and after a few questions/answers, they asked me to return it for inspection. About 3 weeks later, I got a brand spanking new one back... double win!

Oct 7, 2022 at 3:47 PM Post #17,340 of 18,887
You need to make sure that the Poly you get is running fw 3.0.0!! If you buy one with older fw, it *can't* be updated with a Mojo2. In that case, you would need access to the OG Mojo! This has been covered numerous times in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back