Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 31, 2022 at 2:40 PM Post #16,682 of 18,865
@Rob Watts mentioned that the mojo 2 by passes the battery in desktop mode all together and the charger has been designed to provide current and low impedance. Not sure what charger he is talking about though
Possibly would assume he means the internal charging circuit.

Jan 31, 2022 at 3:03 PM Post #16,683 of 18,865
Possibly would assume he means the internal charging circuit.
Here is his reply. Looks like he meant the charger.

“When the battery is fully charged it will go into desktop mode - and unlike Hugo 2 the battery is disconnected to preserve battery life. That meant I had to improve the PSU regulation/rejection and design the charger so that when in desktop mode it was a low impedance high current power source.”

Jan 31, 2022 at 3:07 PM Post #16,685 of 18,865
Here is his reply. Looks like he meant the charger.

“When the battery is fully charged it will go into desktop mode - and unlike Hugo 2 the battery is disconnected to preserve battery life. That meant I had to improve the PSU regulation/rejection and design the charger so that when in desktop mode it was a low impedance high current power source.”
I do not like the Hugo 2 method of getting into desktop mode. I think the Mojo 2 does it better. For the Hugo 2, you need to have it plugged in for 24 hours before it can enter desktop mode. This is a PINA because if you bump that USB-micro cable, it can lose connectivity and you need to wait another 24 hours to get back into desktop mode.

Jan 31, 2022 at 6:32 PM Post #16,686 of 18,865
It's wild to me they are sticking with Poly for this new offering given the years of frustration and problems for so many
I think it's fair to say that the issues with Poly haven't been related to the hardware. It's been the firmware and the software that have needed serious help. They may have finally turned a corner with both is that a number of users are reporting that firmware 3.0 has improved matters and GoFigure more reliably connects. That Poly support has been carried on to Mojo 2 is a great sign for Poly owners.

Feb 1, 2022 at 12:56 PM Post #16,687 of 18,865
What a beautiful afternoon in london. Thought it’s time for a long walk and what a great companion for my walk with poly and mojo. Wait a sec. I want to add a new album to my SD and I am ready to go. Album added, dressed up and hitting the road. Mojo and poly on and the light is blinking. I thought it is indexing my new album. 1 hour and 20 min later and I am back home. The lights are still blinking… To be fair I had good passive sound isolation

Feb 2, 2022 at 2:45 AM Post #16,688 of 18,865
Hi,

Currently using Poly in the hybrid hotspot mode on the train. A question about formats and conversions - I’m playing from Qobuz offline hi-res (24/96) content from an iPhone which is connected to Poly via wireless hotspot AirPlay. Mojo shows that it’s not hi-res coming in (as it’s red instead of green/blue, can’t recall which). This I’m fine with as I recall that Airplay is max cd quality. What I’m wondering is where is the conversion from hi-res to cd quality being done and how good is this conversion?

Related question, at home I play hi-res into Poly via Wi-Fi and Roon and this works perfectly and is very reliable. Is there a way to stream hi-res offline streaming content (I.e. from Qobuz or Tidal) to Poly whilst not at home (offline is key as it would kill my mobile data otherwise). I’ve tried a few approaches, none of them seem satisfactory and I end up keeping Poly at home for Roon use and Mojo alone with the (hated but required) Apple CCK cable when not at home. Note, this isn’t a portable requirement as i’m not walking around but a travelling/ it at home scenario where i’m using it stationary for a few hours at a time.

G

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2022 at 4:20 AM Post #16,689 of 18,865
What a beautiful afternoon in london. Thought it’s time for a long walk and what a great companion for my walk with poly and mojo. Wait a sec. I want to add a new album to my SD and I am ready to go. Album added, dressed up and hitting the road. Mojo and poly on and the light is blinking. I thought it is indexing my new album. 1 hour and 20 min later and I am back home. The lights are still blinking… To be fair I had good passive sound isolation
Often have a similar thing, turn on the mojo poly, only to find out the poly battery has drained while it’s been switched off. Is the answer to this to leave it always on charge? Or is this not a good idea for the health of the batteries?

Feb 2, 2022 at 4:24 AM Post #16,690 of 18,865
Often have a similar thing, turn on the mojo poly, only to find out the poly battery has drained while it’s been switched off. Is the answer to this to leave it always on charge? Or is this not a good idea for the health of the batteries?
The issue I had was not with battery but everlasting SD card indexing. Never had any issue with the battery but to be fair I am using it if not daily, then every other day.

Feb 2, 2022 at 6:57 AM Post #16,692 of 18,865
Could one of you Poly folk please help me out, id be grateful

If you're going out and about, with current poly firmware, what is the process to switch between the home wifi network, and controlling the microsd card with your phone when your out? is it automatic, or do you have to reset everything?

Feb 2, 2022 at 7:06 AM Post #16,693 of 18,865
Could one of you Poly folk please help me out, id be grateful

If you're going out and about, with current poly firmware, what is the process to switch between the home wifi network, and controlling the microsd card with your phone when your out? is it automatic, or do you have to reset everything?
I am an iPhone user. When out I just turn on the hotspot on the iPhone. The Poly automatically connects to the iPhone's hotspot since it is saved in "my networks".

Feb 2, 2022 at 7:11 AM Post #16,694 of 18,865
I am an iPhone user. When out I just turn on the hotspot on the iPhone. The Poly automatically connects to the iPhone's hotspot since it is saved in "my networks".
That's actually pretty darn nice, apart from battery draining on the iphone. So the poly will just seamlessly transition from the home network to the hotspot. Maybe ill give it another go

Users who are viewing this thread

Back