Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Aug 27, 2021 at 10:19 PM Post #16,428 of 18,770
Hi guys, I have a plan to buy mojo+poly, I have some questions hope you guys can help me
1/ When I stream via AirPlay (iOs) with apple music, does poly recieve the original file from apple music? I mean is there any difference between airplay and using the cable?
2/Is there any delay when streaming via air play?
Thanks!

Sep 13, 2021 at 5:53 AM Post #16,429 of 18,770
Hi guys, I have a plan to buy mojo+poly, I have some questions hope you guys can help me
1/ When I stream via AirPlay (iOs) with apple music, does poly recieve the original file from apple music? I mean is there any difference between airplay and using the cable?
Thanks!
1: As far as I know using Airplay always sends the audio via the phone, it doesn't work like SpotifyConnect where the player streams direct from Spotify and the phone is just a remote control. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that's how it works.
2: There is a slight delay when skipping tracks but nothing long enough that it'll annoy you, as long as you have a good WiFi connection and fast enough internet the buffer time is really short.

Sep 13, 2021 at 6:49 AM Post #16,430 of 18,770
Thanks!
I use Apple Music via Airplay from my iPAD. As long as your internet and local network is not congested, then the streaming from the iPad is pretty seamless. USB in my opinion is not a great solution and the SQ is not as good using a lighting to Micro USB.

Sep 13, 2021 at 9:41 AM Post #16,431 of 18,770
1: As far as I know using Airplay always sends the audio via the phone, it doesn't work like SpotifyConnect where the player streams direct from Spotify and the phone is just a remote control. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that's how it works.
2: There is a slight delay when skipping tracks but nothing long enough that it'll annoy you, as long as you have a good WiFi connection and fast enough internet the buffer time is really short.

I use Apple Music via Airplay from my iPAD. As long as your internet and local network is not congested, then the streaming from the iPad is pretty seamless. USB in my opinion is not a great solution and the SQ is not as good using a lighting to Micro USB.
Example: Apple Music file is 24 bit/96 khz, does mojo recieve 24 bit/96 khz file via airplay? And if yes, why does the SQ is not good as cable?
Thank you!

Sep 13, 2021 at 10:06 AM Post #16,432 of 18,770
Example: Apple Music file is 24 bit/96 khz, does mojo recieve 24 bit/96 khz file via airplay? And if yes, why does the SQ is not good as cable?
Thank you!
You can look at your settings on your ios device. It will show you what you can stream. You can stream up to 24-bit 48 khz lossless to your poly. That is CD quality.

You can use 24/192 via the usb cable. I suspect that direct USB connection requires more hardware to clock the signal and or reduce jitter. I can just
tell you it is much less musical when I plug my lightning to micro usb cable direct to the mojo.

219D793DE30907D10B75510E1554AF6F.png

Sep 16, 2021 at 9:00 AM Post #16,433 of 18,770
Is the new firmware update out finally?

Tried the Poly today for laughs and the Poly did not get recognized on the same network, which is a clear issue from Chord as every device I have does not have this issue.

Sep 17, 2021 at 12:25 PM Post #16,436 of 18,770
I also asked about Spotify connect and got the following response.

"Yes, this is being worked on. There are specific complexities which I can't go into but we're most of the way there."
"There are specific complexities which I can't go into" sounds similar to their old excuses for lack of Casting.
I'm not holding my breath.

Sep 17, 2021 at 11:44 PM Post #16,440 of 18,770
Sadly this is not true. The source might be 24/48, but AirPlay downmixes it to 16/44. If you want hi-res your options are Tidal, Qobuz, or flacs off an SD card.
They can get away by saying it does by including "up to" in their description. So is there any device out there that will actually accept and show it is receiving 24/48?

219D793DE30907D10B75510E1554AF6F.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back