Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Aug 24, 2021 at 8:28 AM Post #16,411 of 18,778
Recently procured a poly & mojo (adore the sound, better than the ak380 dap i demo'd them against to me at least, by a mile).

The issue I'm having is that when connected to the poly by blueooth the player I'm using, mconnect, cannot see the Poly's sd card to play from anymore? Anybody know why this might be?

thanks
mconnect uses dlna fonctions. Dlna works with Wifi or ethernet.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2021 at 10:39 AM Post #16,414 of 18,778
It needs to be in hotspot mode.
I'm finding this device to be a bit of a nightmare...So I have to literally navigate into gofigure everytime, put it in hotspot mode, connect on my phone, then open a Upnp app to play off the sd card?

It sounds good but not that good lol. What is this thing.

Aug 24, 2021 at 10:55 AM Post #16,415 of 18,778
I'm finding this device to be a bit of a nightmare...So I have to literally navigate into gofigure everytime, put it in hotspot mode, connect on my phone, then open a Upnp app to play off the sd card?

It sounds good but not that good lol. What is this thing.
Welcome to Poly 😂

Aug 24, 2021 at 11:44 AM Post #16,417 of 18,778
Maybe I'll just stick to bluetooth then. Was really enjoying the quality straight from the SD card :frowning2:
if you create the proper playlists and place them on the root of the SD card you can use GoFigure for playback without a 3rd party app

Example:
The Rolling Stones/Black And Blue/01. Hot Stuff.flac <---- Artist / Album / Song
The Rolling Stones/Black And Blue/02. Hand Of Fate.flac
The Rolling Stones/Black And Blue/03. Cherry Oh Baby.flac
The Rolling Stones/Black And Blue/04. Memory Motel.flac
The Rolling Stones/Black And Blue/05. Hey Negrita.flac
The Rolling Stones/Black And Blue/06. Melody.flac
The Rolling Stones/Black And Blue/07. Fool To Cry.flac
The Rolling Stones/Black And Blue/08. Crazy Mama.flac

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2021 at 12:27 PM Post #16,418 of 18,778
Maybe I'll just stick to bluetooth then. Was really enjoying the quality straight from the SD card :frowning2:
I don’t use the hotspot to access the sd. I just have the hotspot from the mobile phone and when I go out it connects automatically to my mobile hotspot which is in my saved networks. Like this I don’t have to access the Gofigure app or change anything

Aug 24, 2021 at 1:10 PM Post #16,419 of 18,778
Bluetooth playback quality pales in comparison to Wifi. Should only be a last resort option.

Aug 24, 2021 at 2:15 PM Post #16,420 of 18,778
Bluetooth playback quality pales in comparison to Wifi. Should only be a last resort option.

I've noticed. I'd really rather not use my phones hotspot as I run out of battery as it is...Darn it

if you create the proper playlists and place them on the root of the SD card you can use GoFigure for playback without a 3rd party app

Example:
The Rolling Stones/Black And Blue/01. Hot Stuff.flac <---- Artist / Album / Song
The Rolling Stones/Black And Blue/02. Hand Of Fate.flac
The Rolling Stones/Black And Blue/03. Cherry Oh Baby.flac
The Rolling Stones/Black And Blue/04. Memory Motel.flac
The Rolling Stones/Black And Blue/05. Hey Negrita.flac
The Rolling Stones/Black And Blue/06. Melody.flac
The Rolling Stones/Black And Blue/07. Fool To Cry.flac
The Rolling Stones/Black And Blue/08. Crazy Mama.flac
Man thanks so much for this, so will this work with bluetooth? as in using GoFigure to play from the sd card with a bT connection from phone > Poly?

Thnxx

Aug 24, 2021 at 2:27 PM Post #16,421 of 18,778
I've noticed. I'd really rather not use my phones hotspot as I run out of battery as it is...Darn it
Not justifying it by any means BTW. Chord should have figured out by now how to let us control SD card playback via Bluetooth.

Aug 24, 2021 at 2:38 PM Post #16,422 of 18,778
Not justifying it by any means BTW. Chord should have figured out by now how to let us control SD card playback via Bluetooth.
You know I bought it with the exact thought I'd be able to control it with BT. I couldn't imagine it being otherwise! Seems kind of mad to me for a £500 module. That's not pocket change, one could get a full blown SR25 DAP or similar for that money lol.

Aug 24, 2021 at 3:07 PM Post #16,423 of 18,778
You only need to use hotspot mode if youre not on the same wifi network. Yes that is a problem if you're on the go of course.

Aug 24, 2021 at 3:09 PM Post #16,424 of 18,778

Man thanks so much for this, so will this work with bluetooth? as in using GoFigure to play from the sd card with a bT connection from phone > Poly?

Thnxx
Connect to iPhone cellular data like this, use Mconnect and choose poly as both server and renderer to play music uncompressed on the SD card inside your poly

Aug 24, 2021 at 6:00 PM Post #16,425 of 18,778
I play playlists stored on the sd card, via Gofigure, via Bluetooth, I always keep poly in airplane mode.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back