Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Sep 18, 2021 at 4:54 PM Post #16,441 of 18,752
As of now, sadly, there is not with Apple Music tracks. You have to use a dongle or AirPlay downmixes it all the way to 256kbps AAC and then in some cases transcodes the compressed stream to 16/44 ALAC. There is currently no reason to stream more than High Quality if you are using AirPlay. If you use an external dac (including the $9 Apple one that can do 24/48) that plugs into the lightning port via adapter, that's the only way to get hi-res or hi-res lossless.

Sep 23, 2021 at 2:11 AM Post #16,442 of 18,752
My Poly won’t charge on its own and also when connected to mojo. There is a fault with its usb connection as its loose which suggests that it’s due to that.

RMA incoming and the worst thing about this is………that was my most used chord product since it was very portable, not to worry as I’m sure Chord will fix it, I just hope it won’t be a big repair bill, if it is, I will just go back to mojo strapped to my old iPhone 6S+ which has a 3.5mm port :)

Sep 23, 2021 at 5:35 PM Post #16,443 of 18,752
The volume control directly on the Chord Mojo has become annoying for me in the long run because I keep getting confused with the color gradient. So I just set the volume level to "double red" (or to be more precise, I pressed the volume up button 38 times).

Therefore, I currently prefer to control the volume digitally via e.g. the Go Figure app or the android m.a.l.p / bubble upnp app.

However, it's not bit perfect anymore, is it? At the moment, the digital volume control is between level 20 to 60, depending on the headphones i am using. Does that mean that the sound has now also got worse?

Sep 24, 2021 at 3:42 AM Post #16,444 of 18,752
As of now, sadly, there is not with Apple Music tracks. You have to use a dongle or AirPlay downmixes it all the way to 256kbps AAC and then in some cases transcodes the compressed stream to 16/44 ALAC. There is currently no reason to stream more than High Quality if you are using AirPlay. If you use an external dac (including the $9 Apple one that can do 24/48) that plugs into the lightning port via adapter, that's the only way to get hi-res or hi-res lossless.
Something like this will not work? Probably not lossless.

https://shenzhenaudio.com/products/...8q2c-dac-chip-s-pdif-opt-output-small-decoder

Brave Browser Clipping (3∶42∶15 PM).jpg

Oct 4, 2021 at 3:10 PM Post #16,449 of 18,752
I wonder if poly+mojo owners can share their opinions on software volume control of this combo? Does it yield decreased sonic performance than manual volume control on the Mojo itself? I can switch on and off "bitperfect" playback on the chord app, hence my inquiry. If there's no discernible quality change, I will purchase a poly to my mojo and use the combo to hook up to my Poweramp and control the volume from my armchair on the app.

I have a 1Tb micro SD loaded with my music, awating for the poly.

Oct 4, 2021 at 3:20 PM Post #16,450 of 18,752
I wonder if poly+mojo owners can share their opinions on software volume control of this combo? Does it yield decreased sonic performance than manual volume control on the Mojo itself? I can switch on and off "bitperfect" playback on the chord app, hence my inquiry. If there's no discernible quality change, I will purchase a poly to my mojo and use the combo to hook up to my Poweramp and control the volume from my armchair on the app.

I have a 1Tb micro SD loaded with my music, awating for the poly.
I’ve never used the app’s volume control. Always on direct dsd and volume is controlled by the mojo

Oct 6, 2021 at 3:00 PM Post #16,453 of 18,752
Hi everyone! I've been using my poly for a while now, but something that I haven't been able to find is a good MPD player for Mac, the closest that I've used has been Perisphone, and the issue that I have with it is that while it works, it doesn't load any of my album artwork. Maybe it's a nitpick, but It kind of sucks not being able to see the different artworks. Any recommendations?

Oct 6, 2021 at 5:44 PM Post #16,454 of 18,752
Hi everyone! I've been using my poly for a while now, but something that I haven't been able to find is a good MPD player for Mac, the closest that I've used has been Perisphone, and the issue that I have with it is that while it works, it doesn't load any of my album artwork. Maybe it's a nitpick, but It kind of sucks not being able to see the different artworks. Any recommendations?
I've settled on Rigelian (2 months free and a very cheap yearly sub) as my go-to MPD Poly player for the Mac and iOS. As has been mentioned a few times here, the version of MPD currently on the Poly doesn't allow players to pull the artwork from the files on the SD card but Rigelian will alternatively source art from Discogs and/or MusicBrainz. Sometimes I get a few bizarre choices of art but until Poly gets an update that's good enough for me.

Oct 6, 2021 at 7:43 PM Post #16,455 of 18,752
I use Cantata on the Mac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back