Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jun 19, 2021 at 7:20 PM Post #16,261 of 18,883
Can confirm airplane mode works fine and does not significantly drain battery.

Jun 19, 2021 at 7:24 PM Post #16,262 of 18,883
hi, I just do not get it, why when I fully charge both poly and mojo, and leave them hooked together and without even turning them on, and after few hours without even using that combo, the battery on both is red, While if I charge them without connecting them to each other and not use the combo the battery is fine.

This is really annoying, as I keep both combo in the leather case that hold both units
That does not sound normal. I charge my MojoPoly together until both lights go out (Poly light turns blue) then I disconnect from charge and the blue light will go out. I then use it in the morning for about an hour or so each day and have to repeat the charging every 6 days or so. I leave them connected (isn a case) all the time. So your units are draining abnormally quickly.

my Mojo is the original unit (no auto off feature), with a replaced battery 2 years ago, and my Poly was swapped out for the original unit. There may be something just enough out of spec with yours that it’s triggering Poly to turn on. But, that doesn’t explain why Mojo should lose charge if it’s off.

edit: adding that during this whole process, my Poly is usually in Roon mode. I haven’t tried airplane mode, but my understanding is that then”always on” part of Poly is the listening for a Mojo voltage change to turn on, not the network connectivity, so I wouldn’t think which mode Poly was in would matter to battery life, but may be wrong on this.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2021 at 3:59 AM Post #16,263 of 18,883
That does not sound normal. I charge my MojoPoly together until both lights go out (Poly light turns blue) then I disconnect from charge and the blue light will go out. I then use it in the morning for about an hour or so each day and have to repeat the charging every 6 days or so. I leave them connected (isn a case) all the time. So your units are draining abnormally quickly.

my Mojo is the original unit (no auto off feature), with a replaced battery 2 years ago, and my Poly was swapped out for the original unit. There may be something just enough out of spec with yours that it’s triggering Poly to turn on. But, that doesn’t explain why Mojo should lose charge if it’s off.

edit: adding that during this whole process, my Poly is usually in Roon mode. I haven’t tried airplane mode, but my understanding is that then”always on” part of Poly is the listening for a Mojo voltage change to turn on, not the network connectivity, so I wouldn’t think which mode Poly was in would matter to battery life, but may be wrong on this.
when i charge the poly mojo combo the light never turns off, it stays white while connected to the charger, should the lights turn off when the combo is connected after fully charged ?

Jun 20, 2021 at 10:10 AM Post #16,264 of 18,883
when i charge the poly mojo combo the light never turns off, it stays white while connected to the charger, should the lights turn off when the combo is connected after fully charged ?
I get slightly different results using and iPad charger or a more powerful Anker charger, but with the iPad charger, both lights are white and Mojo light turns off first (Mojo charging is prioritized) then Poly light will turn from white to blue when fully charged. With the Anker charger, which is more powerful, Poly I’ll sometimes fully charge first if they are not both very much discharged.

Bit yes, Poly light should go from white (charging) to blue (network) mode when fully charged. Maybe try a more powerful charging brick or one that doesn’t have any kind of charging management. I’ve found the Anker to be good.

Jun 22, 2021 at 6:59 AM Post #16,265 of 18,883
The battery drain is a wonderful feature and not a fault. And chord electronics never make mistakes, they just provide nothing else as perfection.

And with the poly, chord reached nothing less then pure perfection.

Oh please, dont ask uncomfortable questions why that battery drain is part of the poly design. Maybe it is because without it poly woud not sound like a match in hifi heaven. So just be thankful.

Jun 22, 2021 at 9:34 AM Post #16,266 of 18,883
The battery drain is a wonderful feature and not a fault. And chord electronics never make mistakes, they just provide nothing else as perfection.

Oh please, dont ask uncomfortable questions why that battery drain is part of the poly design. Maybe it is because without it poly woud not sound like a match in hifi heaven. So just be thankful.
The spirit of HugoBerg lives on!

Jun 22, 2021 at 4:32 PM Post #16,267 of 18,883

and I assume chord never answered such question, just wow, totally not happy bout it as i tried another charger which i use for my ipad same result, and tried to put in airplane mode as well, this literally sucks

Jun 22, 2021 at 5:53 PM Post #16,268 of 18,883
What are the chances of providing MPD v0.22 or newer to Poly?

i would really like to utilize embedded album art from SD card in playback apps such as Rigelian.

Jun 22, 2021 at 6:57 PM Post #16,269 of 18,883
What are the chances of providing MPD v0.22 or newer to Poly?

i would really like to utilize embedded album art from SD card in playback apps such as Rigelian.
Supposedly with the next update. The one that was "soon after" the 2go update.

Jun 22, 2021 at 10:48 PM Post #16,270 of 18,883
Well just landed a deal with Moon Audio, I'm officially a soon-to-be new poly owner, I'm very freaking excited! Can't wait to try it with Roon. Thanks again for the tips Even got a new battery for the Mojo ha!

Jun 23, 2021 at 7:57 AM Post #16,272 of 18,883
Maybe the guy went on holiday.
I would prefer the truth from Chord. There have been lots of promises over the last few years, and nothing given.

@ChordElectronics - how about you do the right thing and just come out and say you won't be taking Poly any further in development. Perhaps then us paying customers can stop waiting for you to get the initial feature set complete.

Jun 23, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #16,273 of 18,883
I would prefer the truth from Chord. There have been lots of promises over the last few years, and nothing given.

@ChordElectronics - how about you do the right thing and just come out and say you won't be taking Poly any further in development. Perhaps then us paying customers can stop waiting for you to get the initial feature set complete.
@Mojo ideas has represented Chord more recently here, and I think he is close to their streamer development. Maybe he can provide an update to us?

Jun 23, 2021 at 1:00 PM Post #16,275 of 18,883
Which feature is still missing in poly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back