Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jun 13, 2021 at 7:30 PM Post #16,246 of 18,770
Yes that’s the way I’ve been doing it to try out Apple Music lossless and some of the special audio material. I normally use the Poly as a Roon endpoint which works fabulously, so it would be nice to see Roon somehow incorporate Apple Music in their offering.
I’ve noticed Apple Music over airplay to poly is noticeably flatter and dull than Qobuz to Roon to poly. Same track. Unless the Apple one has a different master.
I’d like to see Apple Music to Roon as well.

Jun 13, 2021 at 9:50 PM Post #16,248 of 18,770
I’ve noticed Apple Music over airplay to poly is noticeably flatter and dull than Qobuz to Roon to poly. Same track. Unless the Apple one has a different master.
I’d like to see Apple Music to Roon as well.
Knowing Apple... This will never happen. I'd rather bet Spotify doing so and even still I don't see that happening either.

Jun 13, 2021 at 10:36 PM Post #16,249 of 18,770
Knowing Apple... This will never happen. I'd rather bet Spotify doing so and even still I don't see that happening either.
Sadly I think you're probably right, Apple is unlikely to release the necessary information to a relative small company like Roon. The integration of Poly with Roon works so well with all the gear in my system (including Poly) I'd be very reluctant to give it up to shift things to Apple Music to save a few dollars or pesos on a Tidal subscription. While the Poly has had it's issues, when I look at the dongles and cables required to achieve the same result with Apple Music it's not worth the clutter!

Jun 17, 2021 at 12:34 PM Post #16,254 of 18,770
Probably not worthwhile for Chord to keep piling more money into Poly given they have probably reached almost everyone who would consider buy something like this.

Jun 17, 2021 at 1:37 PM Post #16,255 of 18,770
Probably not worthwhile for Chord to keep piling more money into Poly given they have probably reached almost everyone who would consider buy something like this.
Perhaps, but if they are developing for an expanding streamer market (2Go, etc.) I would think Poly should be the same or similar software platform, so would benefit anyway. That’s how I would set it up.

Jun 19, 2021 at 5:21 PM Post #16,257 of 18,770
hi, I just do not get it, why when I fully charge both poly and mojo, and leave them hooked together and without even turning them on, and after few hours without even using that combo, the battery on both is red, While if I charge them without connecting them to each other and not use the combo the battery is fine.

This is really annoying, as I keep both combo in the leather case that hold both units

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2021 at 6:16 PM Post #16,259 of 18,770
From the manual- Poly’s microprocessor remains active when the device is switched off. This causes the battery to slowly empty over time.
to the extent that after few hours of not even using the combo that both will have run out of battery

Jun 19, 2021 at 6:33 PM Post #16,260 of 18,770
to the extent that after few hours of not even using the combo that both will have run out of battery
To have a happy life, you need to keep it connected but in airplane mode, then when you switch it off, it’s not draining power, that’s my understanding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back