Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Mar 27, 2021 at 3:07 PM Post #15,961 of 19,125
No way did my poly in its first initial scan of the sd card take 9 seconds, once poly has indexed them for the first time, it doesn’t take long to reindex them when starting up gofigure, but the initial first scan took way longer than 9 seconds, and I only have a 128gb sd card in it and its half empty.

@Scorpio1957 please let us know how long it took you to index your card for the first time.
Note that some of the data was posted by a 2Go owner who thought his 2Go was taking a long time to create the index.
So there was an interest in comparing Poly and 2Go times.
So it would be interesting if you want to post the number of files on your Poly, and how long it takes to index - represents another data point.

Mar 27, 2021 at 3:26 PM Post #15,962 of 19,125
I dont have much albums on my sd card, say 10 or slightly more albums, and say for instance each album had 10 tracks. 100 tracks and covers, I couldn’t be arsed deleting album covers, as it was a lazy copy and paste job from my pc to sd card.

That still took way more than 9 seconds, we be speaking minutes not seconds, but alas, when starting up gofigure now, it does only take seconds to scan to check if there has been any changes.

I don’t plan on re-indexing nor taking my sd card out and putting back in as that is just asking to get own’d, remember what happened to my previous sd card, and that was just on restarting poly.

If anyone wants, I will swap my mojo and poly for their hugo 2 and 2go, pm / dm me if interested.

Any serious offers about exchanging hardware will be rejected, as I have a particular set of skills and I will find you........

Mar 27, 2021 at 4:06 PM Post #15,963 of 19,125
Thanks. 2yu is an interface for the Poly which has a USB and other outputs that you can use into the DAC or MScaler of your choice. There are rumors that it might be imminent (But then again it was imminent a year ago).

https://chordelectronics.co.uk/product/2yu/
Hmmm, I’m pretty sure the 2YU can only be used with the 2GO, which it was specifically designed for. Please correct me if the 2YU is capable of inter working (untidily) with the Poly???

Mar 27, 2021 at 4:33 PM Post #15,964 of 19,125
Hmmm, I’m pretty sure the 2YU can only be used with the 2GO, which it was specifically designed for. Please correct me if the 2YU is capable of inter working (untidily) with the Poly???
You are absolutely right. I was confusing the Poly and the 2Go. Sorry if I’ve confused anyone. Tbh I can’t really see myself going for the 2Yu 2Go pair for my MScaler DAVE, it’s just too messy with too much redundancy, waste and inconvenience. A one box equivalent would be of interest though.

Mar 28, 2021 at 5:23 AM Post #15,965 of 19,125
Mar 28, 2021 at 1:03 PM Post #15,966 of 19,125
You are absolutely right. I was confusing the Poly and the 2Go. Sorry if I’ve confused anyone. Tbh I can’t really see myself going for the 2Yu 2Go pair for my MScaler DAVE, it’s just too messy with too much redundancy, waste and inconvenience. A one box equivalent would be of interest though.

Yeah, I did think 2yu was not compatible with poly, but I didn’t bring it up last night as its something I don’t want / need and I wasn’t 100% sure what all it could do.

However, it’s a ugly setup and H2 and 2go should of been a one box solution, and 2yu should of been abandoned during it’s first trimester after deformities were found during an ultrasound scan.

Mar 30, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #15,969 of 19,125
I wrote to Chord inquiring about MPD 0.21 (something that Matt was saying would be forthcoming, but couldn't commit to a time frame). I received a reply with good news: "I am pleased to say this is in the next update due fairly imminently."
I hope they have been targeting 0.22 instead as its been out 6 months now. 0.21 was first released in 2018.

0.22 supports album art embedded in music files in addition to standalone ones found in the songs directory.

Apr 3, 2021 at 2:09 AM Post #15,970 of 19,125
Hi everyone - hope you can help. Have just bought a poly and so far it seems to work fine. Mainly streaming from Qobuz through mconnect lite app. I am using an iPhone XR and airplay which is also working great so I can listen to radio through bbc sounds app. The firmware and app all seem to be at the most recent iteration.

I think I should be able to listen to radio through the go figure app but I get no sound from it. The display on the gf app indicates it is playing but nothing through the poly/mojo - the sound quality indicator light on the mojo does not come up either so it doesn’t appear that the poly is transmitting anything to the mojo. I expect I am missing something simple!

Apr 3, 2021 at 3:34 AM Post #15,971 of 19,125
Hi everyone - hope you can help. Have just bought a poly and so far it seems to work fine. Mainly streaming from Qobuz through mconnect lite app. I am using an iPhone XR and airplay which is also working great so I can listen to radio through bbc sounds app. The firmware and app all seem to be at the most recent iteration.

I think I should be able to listen to radio through the go figure app but I get no sound from it. The display on the gf app indicates it is playing but nothing through the poly/mojo - the sound quality indicator light on the mojo does not come up either so it doesn’t appear that the poly is transmitting anything to the mojo. I expect I am missing something simple!
How are you streaming the radio to the Poly?

Apr 3, 2021 at 3:50 AM Post #15,972 of 19,125
How are you streaming the radio to the Poly?
Airplay from bbc sounds app on iPhone - which works fine. It’s from within the gofigure app on the radio section in music tab that I don’t seem to be able to get it to work. Not a big deal but it’s my ocd that insists I have to work out how to use it even though I have a workable and acceptable solution/alternative from the bbc app.....

Apr 3, 2021 at 4:00 AM Post #15,973 of 19,125
Airplay from bbc sounds app on iPhone - which works fine. It’s from within the gofigure app on the radio section in music tab that I don’t seem to be able to get it to work. Not a big deal but it’s my ocd that insists I have to work out how to use it even though I have a workable and acceptable solution/alternative from the bbc app.....
Gofigure is not streaming the radio to the poly - gofigure is a configuration and control app.
Your iphone and poly have to be 'talking' to each other, using the same wifi, bluetooth, airplay network.
Have you checked that this is the case?

Apr 3, 2021 at 5:09 AM Post #15,974 of 19,125

Sadly the streams embedded in Gofigure were turned off by the BBC last month. It's part of the BBC's plan to push users onto the BBC sounds app to track usage. Very frustrating as I used this daily. As an Android user I don't have the ability to cast BBC Sounds to the Poly. Still waiting for that. In an email exchange with Ed in Chord support last month, it's confirmed it won't be in the next firmware either

Apr 3, 2021 at 7:44 AM Post #15,975 of 19,125
Gofigure is not streaming the radio to the poly - gofigure is a configuration and control app.
Your iphone and poly have to be 'talking' to each other, using the same wifi, bluetooth, airplay network.
Have you checked that this is the case?
Thanks for your help with this it sound like HeadmanPL has an answer which will atleast allow my OCD to be turned off!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back