Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Mar 16, 2021 at 12:19 PM Post #15,931 of 18,772
I would disagree. I stream in 192khz through my phone's personal hotspot. Quality is beyond great.
I'm referring to AirPlay which can't do better than 44.1khz. Hi-res files off the SD card or Qobuz/Tidal using DLNA will be different. If you're streaming 192 khz Qobuz/Tidal over cellular to the tune of 1 GB every 20-30 minutes and it's stable, I salute you!

Mar 16, 2021 at 12:23 PM Post #15,933 of 18,772
I'm referring to AirPlay which can't do better than 44.1khz. Hi-res files off the SD card or Qobuz/Tidal using DLNA will be different. If you're streaming 192 khz Qobuz/Tidal over cellular to the tune of 1 GB every 20-30 minutes and it's stable, I salute you!
It is. Now even more so as I use 5G. Had no issues of note using 4G here in the UK either. MConnect Pro is a great little app.

Mar 16, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #15,934 of 18,772
everyone I have one other question. How can I stream from streaming services to poly? Like from my phone’s tidal or my iPad’s Apple Music to poly is it possible?
MConnect. Just one of the options. You can also use Airplay but you'd be limited to 44khz

Mar 16, 2021 at 12:28 PM Post #15,936 of 18,772
everyone I have one other question. How can I stream from streaming services to poly? Like from my phone’s tidal or my iPad’s Apple Music to poly is it possible?
MConnect. Just one of the options. You can also use Airplay but you'd be limited to 44khz
You need to go into GoFigure and add your Tidal credentials in settings. Then use MConnect from there, it has a cool little tidal integration you can use.

If you want to use Tidal from your cellular chip and stream it to the phone without AirPlay, you need to set up "Hybrid Mode" where your phone is connected to Poly's hotspot while pulling data from the cellular chip. This video explains how.

Mar 16, 2021 at 12:30 PM Post #15,938 of 18,772
You need to go into GoFigure and add your Tidal credentials in settings. Then use MConnect from there, it has a cool little tidal integration you can use.

If you want to use Tidal from your cellular chip and stream it to the phone without AirPlay, you need to set up "Hybrid Mode" where your phone is connected to Poly's hotspot while pulling data from the cellular chip. This video explains how.
Hybrid mode also works the other way around ie using your phone's portable hotspot.

If setup correctly you can keep using internet on your phone simultaneously.

Mar 16, 2021 at 12:56 PM Post #15,940 of 18,772
You want to avoid using AirPlay generally. Technically, a 16-bit FLAC should sound great on AirPlay... but with Poly it is always better to use MConnect, Audirvana, Roon, or something similar.
Does MConnect stream Tidal in higher resolution as UAPP?

Mar 22, 2021 at 9:04 PM Post #15,941 of 18,772
I bought a Poly at launch which was replaced by Chord due to the initial USB startup issue, but given the incredibly frustrating firmware issues Poly had, it basically went straight into a drawer and was very rarely used. Part of the reason for this was that I found the battery life to be really poor. All up, I'd conservatively estimate that my Poly has been used for 50 hours max.

Does anyone else have battery issues with their Poly? I'm confident that it's got nothing to do with the charger I am using, as the Poly properly charges and shows the solid blue light. I'm also sure there is nothing wrong with the battery in my Mojo, so it is not draining the Poly battery itself.

Are the batteries in the Poly user replaceable? I bought the Poly in the UK but live in Australia, so Australian dealers don't want to help with the issue.

It's also staggering that there haven't been any firmware upgrades since 2.4 - I assume Chord are internally treating this as end of life

Mar 24, 2021 at 7:20 AM Post #15,943 of 18,772
I don't know how many Sony Xperia users are out there, but some interesting information for any looking to use with Poly.
I bought an Xperia 5 II. It shipped with Android 10. It didn't connect to Poly when Poly is in Hotspot mode. That's how I did most of my listening.
I also had a work mobile, Galaxy S10e. That also had Android 10. It also wouldn't connect to Poly in Hotspot mode.
Chord Support didn't know why this was.
I didn't push as I knew both mobiles were due Android 11, I thought I'd wait to see if that fixed things.
The Samsung now connects to Poly seamlessly.
The Xperia does not. After plenty of pushing and escalating Sony support they confirmed today " that the Xpera 5 II , Xperia 1 and Xperia 5 unfortunately, does not support the Media server feature (DLNA)."
No explanation why they dropped support, but for any Poly users considering any of these mobiles, you may want to reconsider. Genuine shame for me, as aside from this, I couldn't be happier with the Xperia

Mar 27, 2021 at 6:09 AM Post #15,944 of 18,772
Now that I’m back using my mojo & poly again and which both work flawlessly with the latest FW. Since I have started using them again, I’m surprised at how good detail retrieval is, I mean it’s über good. Especially when playing from the sd card.

Seriously, mojo & poly have come along way from when poly was first released, and, all I would like to see is: when poly is in every thing else mode, when playing tracks stored on the memory card, at the moment when you pick an album folder to play, you don’t get to see the contents of said folder and, if you want to play a specific track, you have to keep pushing the > button to skip between tracks.

I would like to see that when you select a folder thats stored on the memory card, once selected it should then show you all the tracks inside that folder.

Ideally it should allow us to see all the tracks in said album folder and allow us to scroll down to the track that we want to play, without needing to keep pushing the > button.

Hopefully something like that could be implemented in a future FW update, if there is going to be a new FW release ?

Mar 27, 2021 at 8:13 AM Post #15,945 of 18,772
Now that I’m back using my mojo & poly again and which both work flawlessly with the latest FW. Since I have started using them again, I’m surprised at how good detail retrieval is, I mean it’s über good. Especially when playing from the sd card.

Seriously, mojo & poly have come along way from when poly was first released, and, all I would like to see is: when poly is in every thing else mode, when playing tracks stored on the memory card, at the moment when you pick an album folder to play, you don’t get to see the contents of said folder and, if you want to play a specific track, you have to keep pushing the > button to skip between tracks.

I would like to see that when you select a folder thats stored on the memory card, once selected it should then show you all the tracks inside that folder.

Ideally it should allow us to see all the tracks in said album folder and allow us to scroll down to the track that we want to play, without needing to keep pushing the > button.

Hopefully something like that could be implemented in a future FW update, if there is going to be a new FW release ?
Good to hear much of the nausea has been overcome. If and when the 2Yu sees the light of day, I might be tempted by a 2Yu + Poly just for my home set up. So, if you were to just use Poly as a Roon endpoint at home wirelessly, how good is it. How stable is it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back