Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Mar 8, 2021 at 12:36 PM Post #15,901 of 18,742
Has Chord made any statements lately that would indicate that development on Poly/2Go is still active? Any reason to expect features and functionality beyond what's available today? cc @Matt Bartlett

Edit: For example, I have seen some speculation/questions around Tidal/Qobuz connect. If development has been abandoned then these are unlikely to be delivered.

Poly is still waiting on features that were promised. I doubt (and would be ecstatic if I am wrong) Poly is getting any more love from Chord Electronics

Mar 8, 2021 at 12:44 PM Post #15,902 of 18,742
Poly is still waiting on features that were promised. I doubt (and would be ecstatic if I am wrong) Poly is getting any more love from Chord Electronics
Such a shame. I've tried many TOTL DAPs over the past couple of years and none of them compare to the general UX quality of modern smartphones. Perhaps the new DX300 is closing that gap but there are still issues there. Anyway, would love to see more streaming options in Poly/2Go.

Out of curiosity, what are some of the features that were promised and undelivered?

Mar 8, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #15,903 of 18,742
Such a shame. I've tried many TOTL DAPs over the past couple of years and none of them compare to the general UX quality of modern smartphones. Perhaps the new DX300 is closing that gap but there are still issues there. Anyway, would love to see more streaming options in Poly/2Go.

Out of curiosity, what are some of the features that were promised and undelivered?
Chromecast support, updated MPD. If you are adventurous and have a hour or so there are posts that mention all of the promises. My take... Chord wasted much time and resources attempting to get Poly functional after launch. Once the device became acceptably stable (Chords metric) the development shifted to 2Go.
Never upgraded to Hugo2 or 2Go because I won't reward broken promises with more of my money

Mar 8, 2021 at 3:02 PM Post #15,904 of 18,742
Has Chord made any statements lately that would indicate that development on Poly/2Go is still active? Any reason to expect features and functionality beyond what's available today? cc @Matt Bartlett

Edit: For example, I have seen some speculation/questions around Tidal/Qobuz connect. If development has been abandoned then these are unlikely to be delivered.
They are still actively marketing them on social media so one would hope they have not given up on this stuff.

Mar 8, 2021 at 3:38 PM Post #15,905 of 18,742
They are still actively marketing them on social media so one would hope they have not given up on this stuff
Been close to 2 years (or a bit more) with no updated firmware and promises last summer to get it going. Pandemic or not I don’t expect anything more, but will rejoice if the unicorn reappears

Mar 8, 2021 at 5:40 PM Post #15,908 of 18,742
As a recent Poly purchaser I do not feel duped. I went in knowing it would be finicky and hard to use. But I would love to see Spotify (or Amazon) support so the device isn't contingent on the fortunes of Tidal and Qobuz. Maybe Apple comes out with streaming HiFi via AirPlay — that could work, too.

Also an optimized GoFigure connection would be cool, it is a little too painful when you switch in and out of hotspot mode.

Mar 8, 2021 at 6:14 PM Post #15,909 of 18,742
As a recent Poly purchaser I do not feel duped. I went in knowing it would be finicky and hard to use. But I would love to see Spotify (or Amazon) support so the device isn't contingent on the fortunes of Tidal and Qobuz. Maybe Apple comes out with streaming HiFi via AirPlay — that could work, too.

Also an optimized GoFigure connection would be cool, it is a little too painful when you switch in and out of hotspot mode.
Duped? Nah more like disillusioned by the way Chord has failed to follow through. Thankfully I can enjoy what I have and take the $3600 for H2 and 2Go and spend it elsewhere

Mar 11, 2021 at 9:30 AM Post #15,912 of 18,742
Need a bit more contextual info from you. :relaxed:
Connect by wifi/bluetooth/other ?
There is no more info needed, cause you have to use bluetooth and wifi to update the firmware through poly via GoFigure. What is other? Is there another way of wireless connection to Poly? :thinking:

Thank you, but i got it. :beerchug:

I had to restart the Mojo Poly a few times and to un-/ reinstall the GoFigure App. I firstly was afraid to brick the flash storage.

But i´m wondering why i couldn´t hear anything anymore while pressing the little button below the sdcard slot!? :scream:
Any defect or do i have to use the poly in another mode?

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2021 at 2:21 PM Post #15,913 of 18,742
There is no more info needed, cause you have to use bluetooth and wifi to update the firmware through poly via GoFigure. What is other? Is there another way of wireless connection to Poly? :thinking:

Thank you, but i got it. :beerchug:

I had to restart the Mojo Poly a few times and to un-/ reinstall the GoFigure App. I firstly was afraid to brick the flash storage.

But i´m wondering why i couldn´t hear anything anymore while pressing the little button below the sdcard slot!? :scream:
Any defect or do i have to use the poly in another mode?
The rationale behind my question was that there have been plenty of owners posting about not being able to connect, when their poly and network were trying to connect via incompatible means (eg the poly was trying to connect via bluetooth and the network was trying to connect via wifi.) Both poly and the network have to be speaking the same language. :relaxed:

Mar 11, 2021 at 2:32 PM Post #15,914 of 18,742
The rationale behind my question was that there have been plenty of owners posting about not being able to connect, when their poly and network were trying to connect via incompatible means (eg the poly was trying to connect via bluetooth and the network was trying to connect via wifi.) Both poly and the network have to be speaking the same language. :relaxed:
Poly can't connect to 5.8gHz only 2.4gHz. Also, Poly maintains a BT connection for the purpose of allowing access to Gofigure

Mar 12, 2021 at 1:50 AM Post #15,915 of 18,742
I understand well at all. :upside_down:

Maybe my first post to this was a bit to short, but for the firmware flash process, there are connections of bluetooth AND Wifi needed, so that was the reason of the short question. So if you know, you know. :v:

I don´t really understand at all, why it only works multiple times now by un-/reinstalling the GoFigure App. Maybe old Log Files, Handshake fail, i don´t know. If i where a good programmer i would change a lot of things, but unfortunately my knowledge is only enough for a *Hello World* and a few loops. :sweat_smile:

Last thing, still give me headache at all...Why Poly won´t talk to me anymore, when i stick in my needle in her little hole....:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back