Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 15, 2020 at 12:54 PM Post #15,751 of 18,774
And maybe I just didn’t persevere enough with the iPad charger - it’s a bit confusing with having to wait for Mojo to fully charge before knowing if Poly will then charge

Anyway - I’m sure I’ll find the right charger (had a good suggestions for an anker one via PM).

The point of the post was more how crazy it is to even need to have the conversation and they should supply a recommended charger :)
I've had mixed results trying to charge the units while connected. Seems like most problems happened when one or both batteries were fully drained. Charging them separately seems to work without any problems, though.

Dec 15, 2020 at 1:03 PM Post #15,752 of 18,774
I am not sure if I am using best practices for battery management with my Mojo and Poly, but here is what I do.

I listen to the Mojo/Poly mostly around the house where I have a good wifi signal because then I get the best sound quality. Therefore, I listen without the Mojo/Poly being plugged in. I really don't like the Airplay sound vs DNLA over wifi.

When I am finished listening, I turn off the Mojo/Poly and separate them from each other so that the Poly turns off. When I leave them together, the Poly seems to discharge fairly quickly.

The Poly seems to run out of battery power the quickest. When it turns red or completely discharges, I charge them separately. I am trying to minimize the number of charge/discharge cycles to preserve the batteries for a long as possible since my primary use is not plugged in and mobile.

I don't mind doing it this way because when the power fully discharges, I just use another source/DAC since I have back up options for listening.

Dec 15, 2020 at 1:26 PM Post #15,753 of 18,774
I have had the MOJO/POLY since the beginning (almost two years I guess?) and have used my iPhone Xs Max with GoFigure and Glidern with great pleasure and success. So, got the new iPhone 12 pro max and can't seem to get it to now work with the poly. I put the iPhone in hotspot mode, I try to connect to the iPhone hotspot through GoFIgure by adding the iPhone hotspot as a new WiFI network, and then when I tap on the network to connect, it always says it is out of range or can't be seen. I am not sure what to do and maybe it is because I don't remember how to do this correctly, but I looked all over the web and this thread especially and couldn't figure it out. FYI POLY firmware is 2.0, iOS is 14.3. Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Dec 15, 2020 at 1:57 PM Post #15,754 of 18,774
I have had the MOJO/POLY since the beginning (almost two years I guess?) and have used my iPhone Xs Max with GoFigure and Glidern with great pleasure and success. So, got the new iPhone 12 pro max and can't seem to get it to now work with the poly. I put the iPhone in hotspot mode, I try to connect to the iPhone hotspot through GoFIgure by adding the iPhone hotspot as a new WiFI network, and then when I tap on the network to connect, it always says it is out of range or can't be seen. I am not sure what to do and maybe it is because I don't remember how to do this correctly, but I looked all over the web and this thread especially and couldn't figure it out. FYI POLY firmware is 2.0, iOS is 14.3. Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
The current Poly firmware is 2.04, so first it would be good for you to update.
One question is - does poly have the details of your new phone, or is it trying to connect to your old phone (which presumably you no longer have)?

Dec 15, 2020 at 2:13 PM Post #15,755 of 18,774
One question is - does poly have the details of your new phone, or is it trying to connect to your old phone (which presumably you no longer have)?
I’m having this same issue with an iPhone SE (my poly firmware is 2.04). At first it could sometimes connect to the iPhone hotspot, but would drop connections frequently. Now I’m seeing the same thing as described above. The phone hotspot may or may not show up in the network list, and if it does, it shows no signal, and you can’t connect.
I can connect to it from a bunch of other phones and laptops, so the issue is likely with the poly.
In any case, I’m using poly in hotspot mode and that seems to work fine, using the hybrid mode described in this forum to remove the routing address so the iPhone can still use LTE while connected to poly’s hotspot

Dec 15, 2020 at 2:22 PM Post #15,756 of 18,774
I’m having this same issue with an iPhone SE (my poly firmware is 2.04). At first it could sometimes connect to the iPhone hotspot, but would drop connections frequently. Now I’m seeing the same thing as described above. The phone hotspot may or may not show up in the network list, and if it does, it shows no signal, and you can’t connect.
I can connect to it from a bunch of other phones and laptops, so the issue is likely with the poly.
In any case, I’m using poly in hotspot mode and that seems to work fine, using the hybrid mode described in this forum to remove the routing address so the iPhone can still use LTE while connected to poly’s hotspot
this is the way I connect when I want to use Airplay. I could never get the Poly to work right with the hotspot on my iPhone Xs Max.

Dec 15, 2020 at 3:18 PM Post #15,758 of 18,774
Yep, I use this mode for airplay, so I can play streaming stuff, and also with Glider so I can play the lossless stuff on the SD card
The ridiculous hack I use is a pocket router that I travel with. The Poly will connect reliably to a TP Link N300 ($24 on Amazon) or TP Link AC750 ($40 on Amazon). So, if you are having network issues, having one of these on hand will help you get the Mojo/Poly going wherever you are. Why it can't reliabilty connect to the iPhone hotspot is beyond me. That would be the ideal solution.

Dec 15, 2020 at 4:03 PM Post #15,759 of 18,774
I deleted the old phones info on poly through Go Figure.

Dec 18, 2020 at 8:48 AM Post #15,761 of 18,774
greetings

i have mojo poly, and my mojo is bout 2 years old when i charge it fully by itself while turned off it gives 4 hours playback

now when i connect it to the poly and both are fully charged, i noticed that after fully charging them and not even turning them on, after a day while not being used that poly battery is blue while mojo is orange, how can this big discharge happen so fast

any recommendations
kindly any input on this

Dec 18, 2020 at 3:54 PM Post #15,763 of 18,774
It seems odd. I think Poly is a red herring because if Mojo is off, Poly should not be able to cause any drain on Mojo. If you leave Poly unconnected, how is your Mojo battery life?
mojo by itself playback lasts more than 4 hours

Dec 18, 2020 at 4:23 PM Post #15,764 of 18,774
kindly any input on this
I think someone posted earlier that the poly is polling the mojo to make sure it is available and while it is doing it, they both discharge unless plugged in.

mine discharged pretty quickly when the blue light is on. So, I disconnect the mojo from the poly when I am done listening. I plug them back together when I want to listen again. This seems to enable the charge to last longer.

Dec 18, 2020 at 10:41 PM Post #15,765 of 18,774
I think someone posted earlier that the poly is polling the mojo to make sure it is available and while it is doing it, they both discharge unless plugged in.

mine discharged pretty quickly when the blue light is on. So, I disconnect the mojo from the poly when I am done listening. I plug them back together when I want to listen again. This seems to enable the charge to last longer.
The Poly does check frequently for a change of state in Mojo, but that shouldn’t discharge the battery. I haven’t separated my units in over a year and I hav no such issues of Mojo draining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back