Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Aug 21, 2020 at 1:12 PM Post #15,481 of 19,143
Everytime I go into the Go Figure App and press general settings it is fine and goes into those settings, however as soon as I press to go into device settings the Go Figure App just crashes and throws me out.

This is a new Poly and I am slightly confused. My I Phone is right next to my Mojo/Poly combination and this keeps happening plus these are the settings I have showing at present.

Any help fully appreciated, maybe rather that waste nearly £1,000 I should have just purchased a Dap like the Lotto Paw 6000, glad I haven't purchased a 2 Go yet, at least I can even stream music from a Shangling Mo that cost £100 to my Hugo 2 using Bluetooth no problem but the Chord /Mojo that costs nearly £1,000 doesn't even connect again.

IMG_0579.jpgIMG_0580.jpgIMG_0581.jpgIMG_0582.jpgIMG_0583.jpg
If your app is crashing, delete the app and download it again. Mine did that, and that is what support had me do.

Aug 22, 2020 at 7:59 AM Post #15,482 of 19,143
I am considering buying the Poly. Do you find that it improves the sq of the Mojo? I've read reviews that suggest that this is the case.

I will probably not be streaming from a sd card but will be listening to Tidal and Spotify from my phone via Airplay. No reason for me to use Bluetooth. I am not using Roon and probably will not.

Finding it very difficult to choose between the Poly and high quality USB cable. Of course the wireless option is great.

Aug 22, 2020 at 10:14 AM Post #15,483 of 19,143
I am considering buying the Poly. Do you find that it improves the sq of the Mojo? I've read reviews that suggest that this is the case.

I will probably not be streaming from a sd card but will be listening to Tidal and Spotify from my phone via Airplay. No reason for me to use Bluetooth. I am not using Roon and probably will not.

Finding it very difficult to choose between the Poly and high quality USB cable. Of course the wireless option is great.
IMO, Poly provides the best connection you can get via USB. Optical may still be cleaner, but you can lose portability, convenience, and he ability to play higher resolution files. Other solutions (cables, phones, daps) can result in RFI or bulky setups. I use it with Roon, SD cards, and Tidal when on the go. SQ is is the best of Mojo (but Poly does nothing to “enhance” what Mojo can deliver. Just enable it).

Aug 22, 2020 at 10:24 AM Post #15,484 of 19,143
IMO, Poly provides the best connection you can get via USB. Optical may still be cleaner, but you can lose portability, convenience, and he ability to play higher resolution files. Other solutions (cables, phones, daps) can result in RFI or bulky setups. I use it with Roon, SD cards, and Tidal when on the go. SQ is is the best of Mojo (but Poly does nothing to “enhance” what Mojo can deliver. Just enable it).
Thanks for your reply. So - just to understand - do you connect to the poly with usb? My interest in the poly has to do with it wireless capabilities. And the fact that I can stream hi res via AirPlay.

Aug 22, 2020 at 10:46 AM Post #15,485 of 19,143
Thanks for your reply. So - just to understand - do you connect to the poly with usb? My interest in the poly has to do with it wireless capabilities. And the fact that I can stream hi res via AirPlay.
Poly uses Mojo's USB connection for both data and for power pass through to Mojo... Once mated they form a single unit 12.5 cm long

Aug 22, 2020 at 3:22 PM Post #15,486 of 19,143
AirPlay is limited to 24/48. It will pass along higher resolution files, but the music will be downsampled in the process.

Aug 22, 2020 at 5:17 PM Post #15,488 of 19,143
Aug 24, 2020 at 12:57 PM Post #15,491 of 19,143
Just ordered a brand new Poly for 299€.
I expect the firmware to be v 1.-something.
What is the best way to get it up and running with the newest firmware. Any tips/tricks?
Thanks!

Just download GoFigure on your phone and select Firmware Update

Aug 24, 2020 at 4:33 PM Post #15,492 of 19,143
Just ordered a brand new Poly for 299€.
I expect the firmware to be v 1.-something.
What is the best way to get it up and running with the newest firmware. Any tips/tricks?
Thanks!
I think all the Polys shipped since April last year, have had the v 2.0.x firmware.
If your Poly has v 1.x firmware, then it has been sitting on the dealers shelves for a long time, so remember to give the battery a good charge before using the Poly.
If your Poly has v 1.0.26 firmware (or earlier), then I think that you have to use the config pin to update.
If your Poly has v 1.0.43 firmware, then you can update using GoFigure, as explained in this Poly FAQ.

Aug 25, 2020 at 8:41 AM Post #15,494 of 19,143
Hello

I am searching for hours now am not able to find out if If "I" am the problem, or me loved Mojo/Poly:

I cannot achieve streaming Qobuz or Tidal the way CHORD explaines it here:
https://chordelectronics.co.uk/faqs-category/streamers/ with TIDAL and QOBUZ connecting

I get the error “Service login or communication failure” both in 8Player and in Mconnect.......

I have the exact same problem.

1598359223688.png

Has anyone actually got this to work?

Are we chasing something that just won't happen?

Is there another way to get 24/96-192 from Tidal to the Poly?

Thanks all.

Aug 25, 2020 at 1:35 PM Post #15,495 of 19,143
Is there another way to get 24/96-192 from Tidal to the Poly?

Having used Mconnect w/ my Hugo 2Go, all you should have to do is log in to Tidal in the MConnect settings. In my case, I use Qobuz and can stream from Mconnect to my 2Go without logging into Qobuz in GoFigure, I just log into Qobuz in Mconnect after which Qobuz content shows up in the Browser tab.

Edit: My understanding is that logging into Tidal/Qobuz in GoFigure allows for browsing content in a folder hierarchy (not graphical) but I personally couldn't get GoFigure to log into my Qobuz account no matter what I tried so I abandoned that option altogether.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back