Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Oct 2, 2019 at 12:55 AM Post #14,372 of 18,840
under bubble upnp's settings, tap on INTERNET RADIO, then check the box on the option XIIALive CONTROL

Thanks but I've got a problem with bubbleupnp...just plays for a bit, then stutters, no matter what the source. This problem not present in mconnect.

Frankly, after ongoing problems, which i thought I had resolved (but hadnt), I'm losing patience with this thing, and preparing to have a battle with the supplier to return it. Pretty sure I'll win the battle, knowing me, but they wont accept the case back as defective under the consumer guarantees act, even if I convince them that the poly, IS. What good is the case without the poly, though? That's $175 I wont see again. Any chance chord would refund, on the basis of how crappy the poly turned out to be? Doubt it, somehow.

And no, I wont go to apple to try to solve the poly's numerous problems. Why the hell should I? If Chord cant sort its android implementation, then frankly, it's not worth anything to me.

Pretty poor experience, tbh. I've changed my mind. My recommendation is to avoid this thing.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2019 at 2:34 AM Post #14,375 of 18,840
The problem with in- ear earphones is there are no stores local to me that allow auditions of in- ears due to hygiene reasons which is a reasonable reason but no help for potential customers.

Where in the UK are you? I’m in central beds and there’s a great little hi Fi shop down the road from me that let me audition a bunch of high end IEMs including the 846 (which I bought and love).

Oct 3, 2019 at 2:44 AM Post #14,376 of 18,840
Where in the UK are you? I’m in central beds and there’s a great little hi Fi shop down the road from me that let me audition a bunch of high end IEMs including the 846 (which I bought and love).
I’m near Manchester. There is a shop in the city centre along with a good shop in Warrington. Will research to see what services they offer as far as auditioning iem’s. Who do you rate the shure SE 846?

Oct 3, 2019 at 3:18 AM Post #14,377 of 18,840
I’m near Manchester. There is a shop in the city centre along with a good shop in Warrington. Will research to see what services they offer as far as auditioning iem’s. Who do you rate the shure SE 846?

I used to own these (bought secondhand). Best iem's I ever had, and I've had a few....sold them to raise cash and I still regret it...

Oct 3, 2019 at 3:53 AM Post #14,378 of 18,840
I used to own these (bought secondhand). Best iem's I ever had, and I've had a few....sold them to raise cash and I still regret it...
I’m reluctant to buy se846 off the likes of eBay due to a number of fakes being sold. I’m sure the Paypal/eBay system will help you get money back. Too much hassle. Which filter did you prefer?

Oct 3, 2019 at 4:24 AM Post #14,379 of 18,840
I’m reluctant to buy se846 off the likes of eBay due to a number of fakes being sold. I’m sure the Paypal/eBay system will help you get money back. Too much hassle. Which filter did you prefer?

Blue. But that's a personal preference. White was too harsh for my ears and black sounded too dark. Cant remember how I ensured they weren't fake as this worried me too...I think the guy had kept the original receipt from a reputable hifi store...

Oct 3, 2019 at 6:39 AM Post #14,380 of 18,840
I'm having issues with my Poly when out and about.
It works fine at home and work where I have a good solid wi-fi connection but when I'm on the move I get a lot of drop outs.
The drop outs occur even when I'm playing files from the MicroSD card. When I'm out the poly is connected to my phones hotspot (iPhone 8 plus). Same happens when pop the poly in hotspot mode and connect that way. I've also tried hybrid mode. I'm using mConnect to control the poly.
I can't fathom why this is happening. Any suggestions would be welcome, thanks.

Oct 3, 2019 at 7:45 AM Post #14,381 of 18,840
I'm having issues with my Poly when out and about.
It works fine at home and work where I have a good solid wi-fi connection but when I'm on the move I get a lot of drop outs.
The drop outs occur even when I'm playing files from the MicroSD card. When I'm out the poly is connected to my phones hotspot (iPhone 8 plus). Same happens when pop the poly in hotspot mode and connect that way. I've also tried hybrid mode. I'm using mConnect to control the poly.
I can't fathom why this is happening. Any suggestions would be welcome, thanks.
Simple things first. Which poly firmware version are you using?
Second, if you are playing playlists, you are playing straight from SD card to mojo, so no opportunity for issues. Consequently I assume that you are streaming from the sd card to your phone, then from your phone back to poly/mojo, or am I misinterpreting something?

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2019 at 8:17 AM Post #14,382 of 18,840
firmware is 2.04

I believe I'm going internally from the SD card direct to the Poly. In mConnect I have the poly renderer as the 'play to' device (not airplay) and 'poly renderer' as the source. The power ball on the mojo is showing the correct colour for the type of file being selected/played... usually red or green.

Oct 3, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #14,383 of 18,840
How is the latest iPhone 11 Pro with the Chord Poly?

It seems that Apple is using an Intel modem which is not as good as the iPhone X that I currently have.

Oct 3, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #14,384 of 18,840
How is the latest iPhone 11 Pro with the Chord Poly?

It seems that Apple is using an Intel modem which is not as good as the iPhone X that I currently have.

To my surprise there was not a single hiccup after I updated to iOS 13 and afterwards upgraded to iPhone 11 Pro. The very same Gofigure App found Poly quickly and reconnected in the same manner. All is well in the Apple Land.
(I am almost exclusively using Airplane mode and GoFigure playlists these days for its best SQ)

Oct 3, 2019 at 4:02 PM Post #14,385 of 18,840
firmware is 2.04

I believe I'm going internally from the SD card direct to the Poly. In mConnect I have the poly renderer as the 'play to' device (not airplay) and 'poly renderer' as the source. The power ball on the mojo is showing the correct colour for the type of file being selected/played... usually red or green.
You are on the latest firmware.
In the absence of any other suggestions, you are probably best emailing support@chordelectronics.co.uk , and they hopefully will identify the root cause quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back