1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Matt Bartlett, Jan 5, 2017.
First

Back
950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959
961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970
Next

Last
  1. theveterans
    Yup! Deoxit to expose the bare metal and remove oxides then finish it up with the Nano Liquid to ensure you're not bottlenecking the flow :)

sergeywin1 likes this.
  2. conradnash
    i love them. I have those and a pair of JH Audio Roxanne and the shures are my daily commuting headphone. I bought them used on here and they were perfect. I’ve been looking at the e-infin website. They’re grey imports so probably no warranty but genuine as far as I can tell. Or keep an eye out here in the classified’s.

I run mine with the bassy filter (can’t remember the colour). I listen to house, techno, D&B, EDM, but they sound excellent with Norah Jones and Diana Krall too.

3. ZappaMan
    What board? Your motherboard ?

PrittiPoly likes this.
  4. Amberlamps
    Umm, to his iem's and aux plug connections.

You do know what "Across the board" means ?

ZappaMan likes this.
  5. ZappaMan
    No. Do you?

6. ZappaMan
    Will you share some with me as I can’t afford to buy it?

7. PrittiPoly
    Pull the other one. I thought you had Roon! Oh, I see, that's why you can't afford it.

8. ZappaMan
    Roon costs me 34p a day. Qobuz costs me 66p a day. It’s not much, but it adds up :)

I’m thinking of going jplay as server software and buying the music I want...

But I’d love some liquid gold....

9. PrittiPoly
    More cost effective and satisfying, but don't pour it on your motherboard...

https://images.app.goo.gl/UnHMnhtPhyfFagCD8

smaragd likes this.
  10. mightyKyn
    hey guys... big POLY SQ breakthrough.

I built a ROON ROCK NUC over the weekend (essentially a dedicated ROON appliance that is headless... SQ across my chain increased dramatically.

last night fired up the POLY connected.. running Z1R... I also use the audeze DSP for LCD 4 turned on in Roon for the Z1R.

MY GOD

I have never heard Poly sound so good.

i have a linear power supply on the way for the NUC.... this should will also provide a boost.

guys you really need to try this!

Amberlamps likes this.
  11. Progisus
    I agree. Poly makes a great Roon endpoint. It really is the most satisfying way to use it. The NUC is a great streamer and Roon core as well.

muski likes this.
  12. mightyKyn
    NO this is not about being any ROON endpoint.

Im saying the SQ via the Roon Rock NUC is way better than a regular PC Roon core.

The SQ of POLY is substantially better using the NUC... you want i7 NUC to do DSP.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  13. jarnopp
    I know people have made these comments before, but how bad (defective?) must your core be that a different core sounds better when sending 1s and 0s to the Poly? To create the wrong voltage signals seems like it would be more than slightly audible and just downright broken. I haven’t tried it, but just asking how it could be so.

14. Blanka79
    Hello,

I just want to let you know, that an app called Rigelian for iOS is an awesome app to play the SD card in your Poly. It is my goto app. But it can't handle Tidal or Qobuz. Just local SD.
    Here is a link.

https://www.rigelian.net

There is a free version to test everything. And a few dollars per year for all options.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    Ivan Reis likes this.
  15. mightyKyn
    NOT defective... here we go.. .a 0 and 1s guy... do your research pal.

you really need to research ROON ROCK NUC and audio linux NUC... the SQ lift VS PC is extraordinary. And DIY you can do it all under a grand and get SQ similar to a $5K Innuous ZEN.

yeah I would not have believed unless I heard... many on this forum are uneducated about this and stream from a core on their PC.... trust me... difference makes the pOLY seem like a new device.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    huangwan and ZappaMan like this.
First

Back
950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959
961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970
Next

Last