Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Sep 30, 2019 at 5:05 PM Post #14,356 of 18,774
I sent Matt a PM but thought i would also post here in the hope it may help others - when I manage to find a solution!

I seem to have a connection to the Poly Hotspot now. I fired up BubbleUpnp and the Poly showed as a Renderer for around 3 seconds then disappeared.
Haven't been able to see the Poly in BubbleUpnp since.

Sep 30, 2019 at 5:28 PM Post #14,357 of 18,774
I sent Matt a PM but thought i would also post here in the hope it may help others - when I manage to find a solution!

I seem to have a connection to the Poly Hotspot now. I fired up BubbleUpnp and the Poly showed as a Renderer for around 3 seconds then disappeared.
Chord do use a Pixel 3 for some of the Poly testing, so maybe Matt will be able to reproduce your issue, and suggest a cure.
For user support, there is the Poly FAQ on the Chord website.
The help videos produced by Jeremy Laurenson, have proved useful to owners as well.
eg

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2019 at 7:42 PM Post #14,359 of 18,774

Not sure if this helps but I recently had similar issues. My advice, try getting it all working on wireless first, ie, without hotspotting. Then, once you're satisfied with this working, ensure your "on the road" phone/poly connection is setup correctly, ie by enabling hotspot on phone, enabling wifi sharing through hotspot, (which is a separate android setting), then ensuring gofigure has connected to correct ssid once you have entered the correct password in gofigure's settings (this password is as advised in your phone's hotspot settings, it is NOT your usual password). When poly wasn't showing as a renderer (or sometimes as a server) in mconnect, (a problem I find regularly happening randomly, when on the road), disconnecting, closing all apps, going into android app settings, finding mconnect, and clearing all data and cache, then turning everything off, and back on again, reconnecting, etc, works for me. Pain in the bum and needs redoing every now and then, as well as tidal password and username re-entering, each time, but at least it works...

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2019 at 5:18 AM Post #14,361 of 18,774
been using and experimenting Hiby R6Pro pairing with Poly. since R6Pro is android without phone properties, ive tried the apps first on my android phone before trying them with R6Pro-Poly combo. what worked for my phone and Poly, experimented with it on R6Pro and Poly. sofar, the most versatile android app I have tried using is mConnect.
using the R6Pro's hotspot, I can:
1. play music with R6Pro as the source [server] and Poly as renderer (bit perfect).
2. play music to Poly while browsing Poly's SD card contents in the R6Pro.
3. play music from Poly's SD card and R6Pro as the renderer.

using a hotspot with internet access, still using mConnect, I can do the above, plus play Tidal to Poly bit perfectly, although MQA playback is not supported. with mConnect, the albums are well categorized, displaying hifi albums and masters albums separately.

still with the R6Pro-Poly combination, two more android apps that im using is BubbleUPnP and XiiaLive Pro. BubbleUPNP can perform all of the above, except that with Tidal, the albums are not categorized and Tidal music is played at 16-44.1 flac. using the XiiaLive Pro in conjunction with BubbleUPnP, I can stream internet radio stations and podcasts from the R6Pro to Poly [Poly is selected as the renderer in BubbleUPnP].
:):):)

How do you use xiialive pro through bubbleupnp? I see no options to do this.

Oct 1, 2019 at 6:33 AM Post #14,362 of 18,774
Hey Poly-crew, day #1 Poly owner checking-in here hoping to find some assistance from anyone who may have experienced similar troubles to me.

I went to turn on my Poly today - the light blinked and then went solid-blue (as per usual) when it found my wifi network, but then went completely black for about ten/fifteen seconds, and then continued to blink / turn solid blue repeatedly ad nauseum. While the blue light is on, I'm unable to connect with it via bluetooth or GoFigure, and no voice / status is audible when the 'config' is pressed.

Any leads or suggestions? I'm absolutely stumped. Battery is definitely charged.
Any takers? I'm at a loss right now, back to using Poly as a paperweight...

Oct 1, 2019 at 7:29 AM Post #14,363 of 18,774
Any takers? I'm at a loss right now, back to using Poly as a paperweight...
This is a long shot. If Poly can connect to a wireless access point but cannot acquire an IP address, the status light will probably go solid when it connects to the access point and then start flashing when it fails to acquire the IP address. That doesn't explain why Gofigure doesn't connect however. Perhaps try reinstalling Gofigure as well. You could try running down the battery and recharging, but probably best to ask Chord for support.

Oct 1, 2019 at 8:17 AM Post #14,364 of 18,774
This is a long shot. If Poly can connect to a wireless access point but cannot acquire an IP address, the status light will probably go solid when it connects to the access point and then start flashing when it fails to acquire the IP address. That doesn't explain why Gofigure doesn't connect however. Perhaps try reinstalling Gofigure as well. You could try running down the battery and recharging, but probably best to ask Chord for support.
Appreciate you taking the time to reply. I've reinstalled GoFigure, but there's never enough time to connect - the battery goes off completely before it flashes, which to me implies that it keeps switching itself off. I've sent a support email to Chord a couple of days ago, just waiting on a reply.

Watch this space.

Oct 1, 2019 at 11:13 AM Post #14,365 of 18,774
I looked for half an hour for the answer and I couldn't find it.

I am switching back to Apple after almost ten years now on Android.

I have been using HiFi Cast on Android and it's A+.

I know in the past Glider was the go-to App for the Poly and streaming, but I also remember reading that it was no longer supported by the developer.

What is the iOS app that you are all using?

Thanks!
Daniel.

Oct 1, 2019 at 11:27 AM Post #14,366 of 18,774

I know in the past Glider was the go-to App for the Poly and streaming, but I also remember reading that it was no longer supported by the developer.

Thanks!
Daniel.

MConnect just had an update which is a sign the developer is still interested. it is functional, but the UI is a bit simplistic (old school looking imo)

I own both and have no issues when using either

Oct 1, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #14,367 of 18,774
MConnect just had an update which is a sign the developer is still interested. it is functional, but the UI is a bit simplistic (old school looking imo)

I own both and have no issues when using either

Glider still works for you? My main use is streaming Tidal, I also use the SD card.

Oct 1, 2019 at 11:38 AM Post #14,368 of 18,774

Thanks!
Daniel.

I'm contemplating going to iPhone from Android because of Poly. I'm a streamer and need AirPlay-like operation. Really don't want to though. I like Android. Really wish Chord would put this Google Cast issue to bed already. Super frustrating.

Oct 1, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #14,369 of 18,774
Glider still works for you? My main use is streaming Tidal, I also use the SD card.

I don't have a tidal sub, but I can access my sd card and the music server in my home using glider. it is also prettier (IMO) than Mconnect, but they both accomplish the same thing for me

update - I use an iPhone X and iPad mini4 with both apps

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2019 at 4:09 PM Post #14,370 of 18,774
Missed me?... :D I haven't complained for quite some time here!
So:
I must say that now (after the software update I guess... I kept it under my bed for qiute some time, so I missed the update when it was released) Poly seems to run... smoothly. I never thought I would say this.
Anyway, it works as good, that I attached it to my bedroom setup (Ceres 3.5) and I am surprised with how good it is. I mean the setup. That is, how much the Ceres improved when fed from a proper source.
Wifi configuration from within GoFigure is a big relief, and I even have the impression that it reboots faster. I am unable to cast MQA from Todal to it, but hey, you can't have everything, right?...
So... So it seems it took Chord... How long? Almost 2 years?... Ferom the release?... To make it work as it should? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back