Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jul 18, 2019 at 6:39 AM Post #13,862 of 18,778
I post again with the impression thats not fading away and a REAL pleasure to hear poly SD playback. Thats an improovement on sound that is actually audible and brings up joy from music. I must admit, poly surprized me more than Mojo. Probably the thing is that Mojo is so good, that phones, or Windows or Mac is NOT enough. I understood why poly costs what it costs. A m a z i n g!

One question to you guys, and ladies i hope, i have not tried it yet, but
Does dlna playback from (jriver/audirvana) sounds almost same as SD airplane to you? Is it really audible difference? Or both sd airplane and dlna keeps same sound signature? Whats your impression?

I am thinking to buy jriver or audirvana and stream at home to my stereo via dlna as it is much more easier than creating playlist and putting to poly.

Thanks!

Jul 18, 2019 at 2:10 PM Post #13,863 of 18,778
Hi,

I love the sound of my mojo+poly, and yet something bugs me.

I’m not sure if I’m lazy or what, but I still find controlling the poly a chore and kinda incovenient. Going through a MPD player app and whatnot...

So my question is: would be possible in the future just implement a feature on the gofigure app so I can browse my music catalog and select what to play via bluetooth? I mean, I can already do that with playlists, right? Can the gofigure one day become a full remote control for the poly? Or is that impossible for reasons I’m not aware.

Apologies if this kind of question was already discussed in the thread.

Jul 18, 2019 at 7:21 PM Post #13,865 of 18,778
Reporting positive difference after treating all Mojo and Poly connectors and outputs and IEM cable with Deoxit D100L and then G100L. Slightly upped resolution, cleaner background, even improved micro detail. Hoping it is not just all in my head :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2019 at 3:05 AM Post #13,866 of 18,778
Could i ask, why there is tidal login/pasword account under Gofigure User tab? Whats it for? And whats the easiest way to listen to tidal with android?
Thank you very much!
Have all a nice day.

Jul 19, 2019 at 4:54 AM Post #13,867 of 18,778
Hi,

I love the sound of my mojo+poly, and yet something bugs me.

I’m not sure if I’m lazy or what, but I still find controlling the poly a chore and kinda incovenient. Going through a MPD player app and whatnot...

So my question is: would be possible in the future just implement a feature on the gofigure app so I can browse my music catalog and select what to play via bluetooth? I mean, I can already do that with playlists, right? Can the gofigure one day become a full remote control for the poly? Or is that impossible for reasons I’m not aware.

Apologies if this kind of question was already discussed in the thread.
Full Bluetooth playback control of Poly was mooted by Chord way back, then got dropped as a feature - technical limitations of BLE being the reason. I still wish they'd leveraged full fat Bluetooth for control rather than use it for crappy low quality streaming.

Jul 19, 2019 at 6:44 AM Post #13,868 of 18,778
@Matt Bartlett

I took the plunge and flashed to 2.03, it's working with Roon fine, but, and I noticed this previously but forgot about it, why does Roon limit Poly to 384khz and 128dsd ?

Mojo is capable of 32bit /768khz/ 512dsd, so why is Roon limiting poly, is it a limitation with Poly or is there another reason for it, and which I've missed the explanation because I don't read this thread much.

Is it a poly problem or roon problem ?

Jul 19, 2019 at 6:57 AM Post #13,869 of 18,778
@Matt Bartlett

I took the plunge and flashed to 2.03, it's working with Roon fine, but, and I noticed this previously but forgot about it, why does Roon limit Poly to 384khz and 128dsd ?

Mojo is capable of 32bit /768khz/ 512dsd, so why is Roon limiting poly, is it a limitation with Poly or is there another reason for it, and which I've missed the explanation because I don't read this thread much.

Is it a poly problem or roon problem ?

As far as I am aware Roon only supports 384KHz and DSD256. Mojo supports up to to DSD256 (not DSD512). This is why you can't play music at other sample rates.
The limit of DSD128 rather than DSD256 was a Roon decision because of possible drop outs due to the difficulties of transmitting DSD over WiFi on top
of the communication needed between Roon and Poly. You can still play DSD256 directly from the SD card in Poly though using other methods.

Jul 19, 2019 at 7:07 AM Post #13,870 of 18,778
Full Bluetooth playback control of Poly was mooted by Chord way back, then got dropped as a feature - technical limitations of BLE being the reason. I still wish they'd leveraged full fat Bluetooth for control rather than use it for crappy low quality streaming.
Yes BLE is great for control commands but it is limited in it's data transfer rate so for instance if you had 10,000 tracks on the SD card it would take around 2 hours to display these on the phone so you could choose and play them. We do use 'full fat' Bluetooth but this can only control and play tracks via Bluetooth and it doesn't have the capability to manage direct SD card playback. WiFi is really the only way to do this efficiently.

Jul 19, 2019 at 7:09 AM Post #13,871 of 18,778
Could i ask, why there is tidal login/pasword account under Gofigure User tab? Whats it for? And whats the easiest way to listen to tidal with android?
Thank you very much!
Have all a nice day.

It's there so you can use a DLNA app to browse and play Tidal tracks. If you enter your credentials then Poly will appear as a renderer so you can look at the Tidal library. For Tidal playback on Android I would recommend M Connect
but other members on here can also let you know what they use.

Jul 19, 2019 at 7:26 AM Post #13,872 of 18,778
As far as I am aware Roon only supports 384KHz and DSD256. Mojo supports up to to DSD256 (not DSD512). This is why you can't play music at other sample rates.
The limit of DSD128 rather than DSD256 was a Roon decision because of possible drop outs due to the difficulties of transmitting DSD over WiFi on top
of the communication needed between Roon and Poly. You can still play DSD256 directly from the SD card in Poly though using other methods.

Yes, thats right, mojo can only do dsd 256, that was a mistake on my part, I see 512dsd in roon from h2 and tt2 and totally forgot that mojo could only do upto 256.

I won't be playing any music at 384khz or any dsd tracks, atleast not for the moment, and I was just wondering why it had lower limits in roon than what mojo can actually handle.

I did think it might be because of the reason you stated, but was unsure, although I do remember playing 256 dsd test tracks when I first got poly and them playing fine, it's good to hear that it's a roon limitation/decision rather than a poly one.

I didn't know Roon was only upto 384khz, no schiit, in the settings for h2 and tt2 it has a 768khz and dsd 512 setting, dsd 256 for wasapi and 512 for asio.

My dsd tracks max out at 256, and I dont have anything higher than 192khz, so I have no way of testing 768 and 512 to see if they work. Ahwell, no biggie, what I don't have I don't miss.

Cheers

Jul 19, 2019 at 7:29 AM Post #13,873 of 18,778
Yes, thats right, mojo can only do dsd 256, that was a mistake on my part, I see 512dsd in roon from h2 and tt2 and totally forgot that mojo could only do upto 256.

I won't be playing any music at 384khz or any dsd tracks, atleast not for the moment, and I was just wondering why it had lower limits in roon than what mojo can actually handle.

I did think it might be because of the reason you stated, but was unsure, although I do remember playing 256 dsd test tracks when I first got poly and them playing fine, it's good to hear that it's a roon limitation/decision rather than a poly one.

I didn't know Roon was only upto 384khz, no schiit, in the settings for h2 and tt2 it has a 768khz and dsd 512 setting, dsd 256 for wasapi and 512 for asio.

My dsd tracks max out at 256, and I dont have anything higher than 192khz, so I have no way of testing 768 and 512 to see if they work. Ahwell, no biggie, what I don't have I don't miss.

Cheers

Ah yes via a cable USB connection Roon will support higher rates but using WiFi it has a limit.

Jul 19, 2019 at 7:41 AM Post #13,874 of 18,778
Yes BLE is great for control commands but it is limited in it's data transfer rate so for instance if you had 10,000 tracks on the SD card it would take around 2 hours to display these on the phone so you could choose and play them. We do use 'full fat' Bluetooth but this can only control and play tracks via Bluetooth and it doesn't have the capability to manage direct SD card playback. WiFi is really the only way to do this efficiently.

Oh wow I had no idea it was that limited. I thought it could be something about displaying album artwork but two hours to display track names? Fascinating. Thanks for clarifying!

Jul 19, 2019 at 8:29 AM Post #13,875 of 18,778
Ah yes via a cable USB connection Roon will support higher rates but using WiFi it has a limit.

I see, that makes sense to me now, limiting wifi bandwidth to something that's not crazy high ( which is likely to cause problems ) so that optimal hi'res playback can be achieved and sustained without any problems and, using a usb cable allows mojo's full capabilities to be used.

Cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back