Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jul 23, 2019 at 8:08 PM Post #13,891 of 18,752
I’ve been using my iPhone with airplay to poly, the other day I didn’t realize I was using Bluetooth to steam Apple Music I’m not sure if I can hear a difference at all.
Has anyone recently done testing with low bitrate music and polys Bluetooth?
Some sources make sbc seem much better than initial expectations...
http://soundexpert.org/articles/-/blogs/audio-quality-of-sbc-xq-bluetooth-audio-codec?p_p_auth=

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cnx...h-bluetooth-sbc-codec-audio-quality-aptx/amp/

I would imagine (depending on source material) for casual listening you wouldn't necessarily notice a huge difference. SBC streams at max 345 kbits/s. Unless I'm really paying attention to the music, the Mojo sounds pretty darn good with 320kbps material. I even have a couple albums on Roon that are AAC256 and they sound good. But, if I compare them to the CD quality or HiRes versions, I can pretty easily tell a difference.

Jul 24, 2019 at 12:55 AM Post #13,892 of 18,752
If i may ask, any updates on Chromecast support ?

Now Amazon prime also supports chromecast :)

Jul 24, 2019 at 9:14 AM Post #13,895 of 18,752
If i may ask, any updates on Chromecast support ?

Now Amazon prime also supports chromecast :)

Matt gave feedback on this a couple pages back (when I asked about it). They're trying, but the hold up is on Google's end. See quote below

No we haven't given up hope yet. Google really don't make it very easy to supply Cast code so we can use it in Poly but we are still trying.

Chromecast support will be audio only unless you are giving this as an example to be able to implement it :)

He's probably talking about Amazon's music service, that you get with Prime.

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #13,896 of 18,752
Hello people,

Yesterday i had interestųng A/B comparison between MojoPoly and Qutest. Test system was Mac mini > Audirvana > Optical out (Sysconcept) > Qutest with Sbooster MKII lps > Naim 5si > ProAc D20R.
And then we put MojoPoly to next input on amplifier so that we could switch inputs on amp and check differences on syncronized tracks. And the result to say surprized us! MojoPoly is actualy and literaly playing on the same level as qutest. SAME! The difference that said by chord is that qutest has wider and more forward bodier presentation is true but i would describe that difference as 5 out of 100. If you were closed eyes - it is impossible to say who is playing.
I amazed what MojoPoly does!

It must be true that MojoPoly and qutest and hugo2 gap is so actually little that it is a good question if Qutest or Hugo2 is worth the price? Ok, It is worth , but you get so little on sound by paying so much more!

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2019 at 3:03 PM Post #13,897 of 18,752
Hello people,

Yesterday i had interestųng A/B comparison between MojoPoly and Qutest. Test system was Mac mini > Audirvana > Optical out (Sysconcept) > Qutest with Sbooster MKII lps > Naim 5si > ProAc D20R.
And then we put MojoPoly to next input on amplifier so that we could switch inputs on amp and check differences on syncronized tracks. And the result to say surprized us! MojoPoly is actualy and literaly playing on the same level as qutest. SAME! The difference that said by chord is that qutest has wider and more forward bodier presentation is true but i would describe that difference as 5 out of 100. If you were closed eyes - it is impossible to say who is playing.
I amazed what MojoPoly does!

It must be true that MojoPoly and qutest and hugo2 gap is so actually little that it is a good question if Qutest or Hugo2 is worth the price? Ok, It is worth , but you get so little on sound by paying so much more!

That’s the eternal question. Is the next step up worth the money? Is the Qutest worth 3-4x the price of the Mojo? Is the DAVE worth 26x the cost of the Mojo? Whether it is “worth the price” depends on how it sounds to you and if you want to spend the money. I’m happy to hear how well the poly/mojo stacks up to the next DAC in the Chord line. I think you’re doing it right. Demo the next higher DAC in the Chord line and see if you can hear a difference on your system.

Jul 24, 2019 at 5:43 PM Post #13,898 of 18,752
Hi been reading around got my new poly and mojo pack. Apparently I’ve been hearing a static noise via WiFi airplay, been using VOX as my app to play flac file via WiFi. Once play I can hear significant static noise on quiet music, I can still hear the noise even muting my iOS device, the noise only disappears once I stop or pause the music. Using se846, akt8ie and andromeda s all same results. Is this normal? I can also confirm playing via Bluetooth NO noise at all. Please help, as I don’t get much information online except head fi thanks

Jul 24, 2019 at 7:21 PM Post #13,899 of 18,752
Hi been reading around got my new poly and mojo pack. Apparently I’ve been hearing a static noise via WiFi airplay, been using VOX as my app to play flac file via WiFi. Once play I can hear significant static noise on quiet music, I can still hear the noise even muting my iOS device, the noise only disappears once I stop or pause the music. Using se846, akt8ie and andromeda s all same results. Is this normal? I can also confirm playing via Bluetooth NO noise at all. Please help, as I don’t get much information online except head fi thanks

There's been a bunch of discussion about wifi interference. Some people don't seem to get it, but you are definitely not alone. I absolutely get wifi interference a lot. Though it can happen whether or not music is actually playing, anytime wifi is active, like when scrolling through my library from my phone.

If you are under warranty still you might, might, have luck with a replacement. Though no guarantee since this seems to be far from a confirmed issue everywhere.

For me, I picked up an iematch, and for me it completely eliminated the audible interference. Though some have some questions whether it alters sound otherwise... For me it's hard to tell, but then again, I don't really know.

Jul 24, 2019 at 9:05 PM Post #13,902 of 18,752
Hi so does that mean I own a defective poly device? I just got it a day or two, so is there like a poly lottery getting a no noise vs a noise version we own, sad seeing such expensive product having these kind of issues

Logically, the variance is due to different networks, not Poly. It just doesn't make sense that the same hardware is 'defective' for some users and not for others. However, there is a multitude of different WiFi hardware/networks and cellular hardware/services that would most likely be the obvious reason for different user experiences.

Edit: I do feel that the Poly would have been MUCH more successful if not reliant on a network of any kind, but rather a device that just served music to the Mojo from an mSD card with simple hardware controls.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2019 at 9:14 PM Post #13,903 of 18,752
Logically, the variance is due to different networks, not Poly. It just doesn't make sense that the same hardware is 'defective' for some users and not for others. However, there is a multitude of different WiFi hardware/networks and cellular hardware/services that would most likely be the obvious reason for different user experiences.

Edit: I do feel that the Poly would have been MUCH more successful if not reliant on a network of any kind, but rather a device that just served music to the Mojo from an mSD card with simple hardware controls.

One of the main reason for having the poly is the wireless streaming features, and having noise due to wifi is kinda absurd, for me the sd card is just one minor feature, why would I own poly just to listen from sd card I’ll just get a dac dap player and not worry bout sq then... I hope my local dealer will give me some answer regarding replacement

Jul 24, 2019 at 9:21 PM Post #13,904 of 18,752
One of the main reason for having the poly is the wireless streaming features, and having noise due to wifi is kinda absurd, for me the sd card is just one minor feature, why would I own poly just to listen from sd card I’ll just get a dac dap player and not worry bout sq then... I hope my local dealer will give me some answer regarding replacement

I doubt a replacement will help you as the issue is fundamentally with different network configurations playing nice/not nice with the Poly, which won't be solved by switching Polys IMO and it isn't a matter of a 'Poly lottery'. That's the point I was making, but good luck.

Jul 24, 2019 at 9:29 PM Post #13,905 of 18,752
I doubt a replacement will help you as the issue is fundamentally with different network configurations playing nice/not nice with the Poly, which won't be solved by switching Polys IMO and it isn't a matter of a 'Poly lottery'. That's the point I was making, but good luck.

I can confirm that using different WiFi network have same issue, using my office and home and even my iPhone hotspot, as long as I’m playing via WiFi airplay it will have that kind of static noise, very annoying, but Bluetooth mode is fine... wondering why some users not experiencing these kind of issues though, the noise is quite obvious on a quiet music or vocal only...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back