Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
May 28, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #13,531 of 18,896
Hi Head-Fi’ers, This is my first post on the forum. I am trying M.A.L.P. to display Cover art when playing from Polys SD card. I have a Folder.jpg in every album. Can someone advise how the file path in the Malp profile section needs to look like?
Many thanks!

May 28, 2019 at 11:27 PM Post #13,532 of 18,896
with the latest Poly firmware update, my Roon connectivity seems to have worsened. audio dropouts seem to me more frequent now. this was not the case when I first upgraded to the 2.0 firmware. it's really frustrating when they attempt to fix something and break something else while doing so. for the record, my Roon Core sits on my Synology NAS. i have attempted to restart the Roon package on my NAS and I have also re-run the poly wizard to connect my Poly to my home wifi network. is there anything else that I need to do?

May 29, 2019 at 1:07 AM Post #13,533 of 18,896
with the latest Poly firmware update, my Roon connectivity seems to have worsened. audio dropouts seem to me more frequent now. this was not the case when I first upgraded to the 2.0 firmware. it's really frustrating when they attempt to fix something and break something else while doing so. for the record, my Roon Core sits on my Synology NAS. i have attempted to restart the Roon package on my NAS and I have also re-run the poly wizard to connect my Poly to my home wifi network. is there anything else that I need to do?
Have you added your details to the web page that was created to capture feedback about ROON issues with Poly?

[edit] Chord encourage anyone with an issue to go to the Roon support page:- https://community.roonlabs.com/t/chord-poly-support/68008/23
The more people who can provide Chord and Roon with contextual information the better.

Last edited:
May 29, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #13,534 of 18,896
Have you added your details to the web page that was created to capture feedback about ROON issues with Poly? Matt posted the link a few days ago.

Yes I did, thanks

May 29, 2019 at 3:44 PM Post #13,535 of 18,896
My experience of the poly 2.0 update is very positive. Zero drops, solid as a rock on WiFi with Roon also tested with Glider and 8 Player Pro with no issues.

Prior to 2.0 I couldn't use poly at all, I wanted to sell it but couldn't bring myself to inflict it on anyone.

No longer feeling buyer's remorse with 2.0! Thanks Matt and team, long time coming but for me at least it's working.

May 30, 2019 at 8:23 AM Post #13,537 of 18,896
Hi Head-Fi’ers, This is my first post on the forum. I am trying M.A.L.P. to display Cover art when playing from Polys SD card. I have a Folder.jpg in every album. Can someone advise how the file path in the Malp profile section needs to look like?
Many thanks!
As I read it, the current version of MPD does not support embedded cover art, so no MPD client can deliver it. They all rely on downloading it from sites like Musicbrainz. There appears to be a method of getting it from a local web server using HTTP using the Folder.jpg or Cover.jpg method, but too complicated for the likes of me. Googling around, there are requests for MPD to support cover art, so it may come one day. If cover art is important to you, use UPnP/DLNA. Hi-Fi Cast is a good Android app as is BubbleUPnP.

May 30, 2019 at 8:30 AM Post #13,538 of 18,896
As I read it, the current version of MPD does not support embedded cover art, so no MPD client can deliver it. They all rely on downloading it from sites like Musicbrainz. There appears to be a method of getting it from a local web server using HTTP using the Folder.jpg or Cover.jpg method, but too complicated for the likes of me. Googling around, there are requests for MPD to support cover art, so it may come one day. If cover art is important to you, use UPnP/DLNA. Hi-Fi Cast is a good Android app as is BubbleUPnP.
MPD has supported cover art since v0.21 which was released last October. Unfortunately the version of MPD that is embedded in the Poly is still v0.20.x. I was hoping that it would have been upgraded with the 2.0 firmware release but that is not the case :frowning2:

May 30, 2019 at 1:24 PM Post #13,539 of 18,896
MPD has supported cover art since v0.21 which was released last October. Unfortunately the version of MPD that is embedded in the Poly is still v0.20.x. I was hoping that it would have been upgraded with the 2.0 firmware release but that is not the case :frowning2:
Yes, I see you posted about v0.21 last November. It is instructive to go back through your posts. BTW MaximumMPD seems to be playing DSD files with full track information now.

May 30, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #13,540 of 18,896
Yes, I see you posted about v0.21 last November. It is instructive to go back through your posts. BTW MaximumMPD seems to be playing DSD files with full track information now.
Yes I had mentioned it to Matt Bartlett in the hope it would be considered for a firmware update but I guess it wasn't high enough priority. Hopefully a future firmware version will include a v0.21 or greater version.

MaximumMPD does support album art if connected to a v0,21 MPD daemon.

Glad DSD's are working now.

May 30, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #13,541 of 18,896
Yes I had mentioned it to Matt Bartlett in the hope it would be considered for a firmware update but I guess it wasn't high enough priority.
Only Matt can answer that question definitively, but he is on holiday this week, so possibly he can comment next week.
[edited to avoid risk of confusing owners]

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2019 at 5:45 AM Post #13,542 of 18,896
Ok so what router are you using. I can then try and repeat the setup and see what it happening.

You should be able to reproduce this on any router because I get the same problems with my iPhone. (The weather was nice yesterday and since there is a new update, i figured to try it one more time but this time outdoors)

Since I used AK connect this time instead of Glider, all evidence is pointing that all problems are caused by the Chord Poly.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2019 at 10:31 AM Post #13,543 of 18,896
Ok thanks for letting me know. This update was not specifically to fix the Roon issue but we did make several changes which may have resolved it.
As the moment neither us or Roon can identify the problem and all the logs that have been recorded by Roon show correct operation.
So I'll report back to the team tomorrow so they can keep working on it.
Matt any progress on the Roon issue. I logged my issue with an email to Chord support providing them with my SN. Might early SNs point to the problem?

Jun 4, 2019 at 10:31 AM Post #13,544 of 18,896
Apologies if this has been covered —

In Go Figure, I entered our Qobuz account into Go Figure after the update.

Is the purpose of adding this for future updates?

There’s no connecting to Qobuz through this set up.

What’s its purpose?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back