Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Mar 24, 2019 at 7:22 AM Post #12,331 of 18,774
Mine would not last overnight if left connected. Sometimes I forget, get to work, switch it on, and battery is dead. So then it’s a game of catch-up, trying to get some battery into it. Sometimes I have to admit defeat and listen on my phone, which I don’t mind because I’m supposed to be working and not listening to music !

Yeah, the same in my case.

Mar 24, 2019 at 7:43 AM Post #12,332 of 18,774
Yes, but don’t you find yourself more productive w music?
To be honest, I think it harms my productivity and I think it may have contributed to an early exit at one particular gig!

Mar 24, 2019 at 9:04 AM Post #12,333 of 18,774
After many months of solid performance and extreme satisfaction with the Poly, it failed to power up last night. I was ready to sit down and enjoy some recent LP album rips (my recent multi-year project). After tapping the Mojo power button, the Mojo turned on, but the Poly did not. The Poly P status light was not illuminated. I then separated the Poly for the Mojo and charged the Poly overnight. The Poly was cold to the touch and this morning it once did not power up.

Any suggestions on what to do?

Mar 24, 2019 at 9:23 AM Post #12,334 of 18,774
After many months of solid performance and extreme satisfaction with the Poly, it failed to power up last night. I was ready to sit down and enjoy some recent LP album rips (my recent multi-year project). After tapping the Mojo power button, the Mojo turned on, but the Poly did not. The Poly P status light was not illuminated. I then separated the Poly for the Mojo and charged the Poly overnight. The Poly was cold to the touch and this morning it once did not power up.

send an email to chord support, and ask their advice about how to proceed.

Mar 24, 2019 at 9:50 AM Post #12,336 of 18,774
I did that right after my posting. Thought best to reach out to the community simultaneously as it is Sunday morning (U.S.) and Sunday afternoon (U.K.) knowing that it was likely I'm on hold until tomorrow.
You did right. The community contains a wealth of experience with Poly, which we all try and use to help others, but there are some instances like yours where advice from Chord is probably best.
Mitch can probably handle things on Monday, but @Matt Bartlett did ask me to flag up anything that might need his attention, while he is currently inconvenienced.
:slight_smile:

Mar 24, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #12,337 of 18,774
Hi! I believe that my problem might have answer here but I don't know where to find it. I have stop using poly and mojo as the gofigure for android is not ready that time. Now, I know it is available so i have download it.

Now, I do not know how to access my sd card from my poly. Use Hotspot or bluetooth?

Which music apps should i use? I tried Sesam Music and Bubble UP which i have use them before but now cannot. Please help me. I thinking of buying Shanling M0 to use with Mojo if Poly cannot work for me.

Mar 24, 2019 at 10:18 AM Post #12,338 of 18,774
Hi! I believe that my problem might have answer here but I don't know where to find it. I have stop using poly and mojo as the gofigure for android is not ready that time. Now, I know it is available so i have download it.

Now, I do not know how to access my sd card from my poly. Use Hotspot or bluetooth?

Which music apps should i use? I tried Sesam Music and Bubble UP which i have use them before but now cannot. Please help me. I thinking of buying Shanling M0 to use with Mojo if Poly cannot work for me.
I am sure that someone will provide some suggestions soon.
The Chord apps currently handle playing playlists of SD cards. Maybe that will change when the updates become available, but we can hope.
There are other apps that can play playlists, such as glider for iOS, so you do have some options.

Mar 24, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #12,339 of 18,774

David, I had the “lock up” happen with no light showing. In my case, I was switching modes when it happened. It doesn’t sound like you were, but it still may be a lock up. In that case, let Poly drain (sounds like keeping it connected to Mojo and waiting a couple days will do it), then charge Poly separately for a good 5+ hours.

Mar 24, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #12,341 of 18,774
David, I had the “lock up” happen with no light showing. In my case, I was switching modes when it happened. It doesn’t sound like you were, but it still may be a lock up. In that case, let Poly drain (sounds like keeping it connected to Mojo and waiting a couple days will do it), then charge Poly separately for a good 5+ hours.

Actually, I was attempting to switch from hotspot mode to wifi so I could use Roon. I think that may have been the last sign of activity from my Poly. I'll disconnect the MojoPoly from the power supply and wait it out (or follow any guidance Mitch may offer).

Mar 24, 2019 at 12:33 PM Post #12,342 of 18,774

Hi David,
Can you just try this before anything else. Keep Poly separated from Mojo. Then plug the charger into Poly. Leave it like that for 10 seconds. Then unplug the charger and plug it back in again. After about 30 seconds you should see the P status light go white and Poly will begin to charge. Let me know if that works.

Mar 24, 2019 at 2:20 PM Post #12,344 of 18,774
Matt, thanks for checking in on a Sunday. I really appreciate it.

I performed the steps that you suggested and the Poly is still non-responsive. There is no activity with the P status light.

Ah ok. Seeing your other post above then it seems like you have suffered the lock up gremlin. If you leave Poly unplugged from the charger over night it will discharge and
reset. Then you will be able to charge and use it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back