Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 1, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #12,362 of 18,818
Hi everyone.

I'm fairly new to all of this but I love the sound quality of my mojo and my hugo 2, so I had to buy the Poly. Quite a headache to set up but now is running smooth.

BUT... how do I play DSD SACD iso files on it? I'm using iOS. Tried Glider and MPDluxe and neither are showing my SACD iso files on the SD Card. Is there anything I'm missing? Thanks

Apr 1, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #12,363 of 18,818
I split SACD .iso file into individual .dsf tracks and then move them to the SD card and play them through GoFigure QuickPlay playlists. Using XRECODE 3 software to do that.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #12,364 of 18,818
Well, it's 2 am here and I gotta say I gave up on Chords and this thread. I've followed this discussion for a few months, been looking and hoped and hoped for a proper firmware or a permanent fix to address all current issues ... but till now, still no sign of luck. (yah, I've heard about Matt's update last month, there will be a new firmware coming ...... soon)

I'm currently using chord mojo stacked with ak70 in dignis case (very old school stuffs) but I have to say they are working extremely well. I'm happy with that combo even it's quite bulky and not really suitable for commute. I knew about Chord Poly since it's day one, but at that time I really didn't think that I would buy a "streaming device" only for ~1000$ SGD. If you don't know, the price of Mojo Poly combo is ~1700$ SGD in Singapore, it's expensive for me and for what it can do. I can buy a very decent dap for that purpose. But hey, because I really love the sound quality from the mojo, I think I should give Poly a chance to impress myself. I went to a local audio shop (one of the largest one in Singapore) to try Poly and the employees there simply said "it never works before". They already tried to send it to Chord to fix and replace it a few times but it just doesn't work the way it should work. They even laughed out loud when I was able to connect my iphone to poly by GoFigure app (using bluetooth to discover the poly). After that, I did my research and found this thread, and I can see too much troubles for this device. I really don't wanna throw 1k$ for something which is only working in some conditions or working with major issues, in other words, I'm not confidence buying it. Well, I went to Canjam Singapore last week and had a chance to try some new options, new devices and I have to say I feel much better now, so this is gonna be the end of a Mojo Poly dream for me.

Apr 1, 2019 at 2:24 PM Post #12,365 of 18,818
I split SACD .iso file into individual .dsf tracks and then move them to the SD card and play them through GoFigure QuickPlay playlists. Using XRECODE 3 software to do that.

Thanks for the tip! So the only solution is splitting? Well, that’s gonna take a while...

Apr 1, 2019 at 2:30 PM Post #12,366 of 18,818
Next month went and FW ...?
*sigh*...

Welcome to the World of Poly. Whatever was 'promised' add 3-4 months to it as a minimum. If it then comes out earlier than the calculated date it's a bonus.

Apr 1, 2019 at 2:33 PM Post #12,367 of 18,818
Help please!

How do I log poly into a public network like Whole Foods etc that is open but requires some web dialog to be clicked as part of the login process?

If this is not possible then a question for Chord. When will this be available???!!!

This is a critical feature for portable enjoyment of hires while out and about and traveling.

I am now sitting in a cafe in Zurich visiting for meetings from California and I cannot connect via airplay and play 24 bit files from qobuz... if I go via LTE I will rack up hundreds in charges.

Not enabling this feature is inexcusable guys.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #12,368 of 18,818
Thanks for the tip! So the only solution is splitting? Well, that’s gonna take a while...

Not sure if that is the only solution however, I haven't heard about .iso files ever being supported on Poly as a playback format file. DSDs - do sound terrific on Poly-Mojo though!

Apr 1, 2019 at 2:40 PM Post #12,370 of 18,818
Help please!

How do I log poly into a public network like Whole Foods etc that is open but requires some web dialog to be clicked as part of the login process?

If this is not possible then a question for Chord. When will this be available???!!!

This is a critical feature for portable enjoyment of hires while out and about and traveling.

I am now sitting in a cafe in Zurich visiting for meetings from California and I cannot connect via airplay and play 24 bit files from qobuz... if I go via LTE I will rack up hundreds in charges.

Not enabling this feature is inexcusable guys.
Doubt that'll ever be possible - just make a hotspot on your phone and get Poly to log into that.

Apr 1, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #12,371 of 18,818
Dunno if you're a Mac person, but I use the wonderful (and free) XLD for this conversion (as well as many others) and it's a relatively trivial affair.

Thanks! Thanks everyone!

Apr 1, 2019 at 2:57 PM Post #12,373 of 18,818
Eeeh... :)
A proper way of opening. Please note I am prying up ethe top cover.
20190401_205157_HDR.jpg 20190401_205211_HDR.jpg

Disassembled. There's plenty of room above USB socket, and the wall of the case is thinner there. Alternative, and probably with less effort, one might place a small switch behind plastic "mojo wall" of Poly.
20190401_205259_HDR.jpg

The connector.
20190401_205312_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2019 at 3:03 PM Post #12,374 of 18,818
Glad to see folks being brave enough to do these Poly surgical opening operations. Did it twice myself. No need to wait 24+ hours. Then again Poly was never for the faint of heart to begin with.

Apr 1, 2019 at 3:24 PM Post #12,375 of 18,818
Actually, I guess that given the price, adding a small power switch to disconnect the battery, or even just like the one that's used for entering setup with a pin, and wiring it so that if depressed it would cut off the power would not cause a disaster but actually dramatically improve user experience.
But it would probably increase manufacturing cost of the unit by... let's think.... I guess, probably about 1 GBP, including sophisticated design process. So it was clearly not acceptable :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back