1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Matt Bartlett, Jan 5, 2017.
First

Back
817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826
828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837
Next

Last
  1. hammerh34d
    I've never been able to play MQA from Tidal on MojoPoly. So far. Using all possible apps.

2. lawshredpower
    What happens when you try mConnect?

3. hammerh34d
    Nothing. It just plays standard. Both from apple and android.

4. lawshredpower
    At least it's playing I can't even get that

5. AndrewJ
    Hi

I'm still in the honeymoon period with Poly and am enjoying Android (M.A.L.P) and PC (Roon trial). I am after some recommendation for alternatives to Roon on a PC should I not subscribe. I currently use MusicBee and the upnp plugin. I never got it working consistently and the plugin is not supported. I don't need all the power of roon for multi room output so am looking for something lighter (and ideally free!)

So any recommendation for Playinga Library sat on PC using a Windows player, and Poly as renderer.

Thanks

6. DavidW
    I was with JRiver but could not make it work as intended after investing a ton of time (maybe it’s me). Roon was plug and play from the start. I did the extended trial courtesy of the promo card that came with my Poly. I signed up for a lifetime membership after that with no regrets.

7. AndrewJ
    Thanks David. I have started the extended trial period and it truely has been plug and play.

8. fordski
    I know this is a fringe use case for my poly, has anyone been able to successfully pair an Apple Watch to Poly for bluetooth playback. My poly connects to my phone and my TV via bluetooth with no problem but my watch just won't see it. Also I'm able to pair my watch to other bluetooth devices with no problem. Sometimes I just want to go out for a walk/run without my phone....

9. Matt Bartlett
    Hi @mightyKyn. This just isn't possible. Public WiFi networks do not allow UPnP traffic so even if we incorporated a web browser into GoFigure to allow the connection your phone would not be able to send music to Poly. Obviously if everything was open on a public network then anyone else using the same network would be able to see your Poly and play music to it.
    As others have said there are other options like the iPhone hotspot or the hotspot inside Poly. When I'm away I've also used my laptop to bridge from the public hotel WiFI to a local hotspot on my laptop so my phone and Poly can connect but still have internet access.

Chord Electronics Stay updated on Chord Electronics at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/chordelectronics https://twitter.com/chordaudio http://www.chordelectronics.co.uk/
    zenlisten, miketlse and Peter Hyatt like this.
  10. alxw0w
    Hello can somebody please help me. I'm thinking of using poly + mojo connected diectly to my power amplifier. And since mojo doesn't have remote control is it possible to somehow control the volume of mojo using poly ?

11. ZappaMan
    If you use airplay or Bluetooth you can control volume through your phone volume controls ... if playing through an app like qobuz.

12. hammerh34d
    Sure, you can. But this is pointless, since volume control on the phone decreases dynamic range of the music.
    I would invest in alps pot as a "passive preamp".

13. sergeywin1
    There is a volume control through GoFigure App QuickPlay function. It starts with 100% and you can lower and then raise it digitally as you wish.

ZappaMan likes this.
  14. alxw0w
    Maybe I wasn't accurate on my post.
    I meant if Polly could control mojo volume control. Instead of clicking marbles with fingers just to control them via app (Polly)

15. hammerh34d
    As far as I know, there's no such possibility. Poly is a streamer, neither a DAC, nor an amp.

First

Back
817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826
828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837
Next

Last