Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 1, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #12,376 of 18,774
Eeeh... :)
A proper way of opening. Please note I am prying up ethe top cover.

Disassembled. There's plenty of room above USB socket, and the wall of the case is thinner there. Alternative, and probably with less effort, one might place a small switch behind plastic "mojo wall" of Poly.

The connector.
how would you anti-brick poly - can you indicate on the photo plz ?

Apr 1, 2019 at 4:02 PM Post #12,377 of 18,774
Actually, I guess that given the price, adding a small power switch to disconnect the battery, or even just like the one that's used for entering setup with a pin, and wiring it so that if depressed it would cut off the power would not cause a disaster but actually dramatically improve user experience.
But it would probably increase manufacturing cost of the unit by... let's think.... I guess, probably about 1 GBP, including sophisticated design process. So it was clearly not acceptable :D
Spend a bit more an do it properly.

3571-w1800.JPG

Apr 1, 2019 at 4:04 PM Post #12,378 of 18,774

You mean what do I do to reset it?
You need to disengage the white connector. Just lift it with your fingernail, it comes loose easily. Wait a few seconds, push it delicately back in place. That's all.

Apr 1, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #12,379 of 18,774
You mean what do I do to reset it?
You need to disengage the white connector. Just lift it with your fingernail, it comes loose easily. Wait a few seconds, push it delicately back in place. That's all.
cool, and did you loosen some screws too ?

Apr 1, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #12,380 of 18,774
cool, and did you loosen some screws too ?

Just to remove the cover. 4 at the bottom need to come off.
When I did it for the first time, I needed to remove circuit board, since I did not hold plastic "window" part in place and needed to reinstall plastic light rod transmitting Mojo's power led. But that's easy to avoid if you follow the procedure and keep plastic part in place all the time.

Apr 1, 2019 at 4:19 PM Post #12,381 of 18,774
Just snap that white power connector off and back on ( last photo )

Apr 1, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #12,382 of 18,774
Doubt that'll ever be possible - just make a hotspot on your phone and get Poly to log into that.
this does not work... same problem... putting iphone into hotspot phone turns on LTE and shuts off wifi connection

therefore It results in using carrier data.

CHORD WHEN WILL THIS BE ADDRESSED. THIS IS A SIMPLE FIX. AND A CRITICAL FEATURE.

Apr 1, 2019 at 4:49 PM Post #12,383 of 18,774
Hi everyone.

I'm fairly new to all of this but I love the sound quality of my mojo and my hugo 2, so I had to buy the Poly. Quite a headache to set up but now is running smooth.

BUT... how do I play DSD SACD iso files on it? I'm using iOS. Tried Glider and MPDluxe and neither are showing my SACD iso files on the SD Card. Is there anything I'm missing? Thanks

ISO2DSD program

Apr 1, 2019 at 5:31 PM Post #12,384 of 18,774
Apr 2, 2019 at 1:33 AM Post #12,386 of 18,774
when is the new firmware for this POS going to be released?!
I know a guy who knows a guy who knew a guy who doesn't know that guy but the guy he does know said he knew the guy knew what he knows he knew and he knows that the guy who knew the guy he knew knows he knows so that's all that we know. Sooooooo to answer your question....The new ETA is coming 07/05/2020 give or take a few days depending on server propagation.

Apr 2, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #12,388 of 18,774
Apr 2, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #12,389 of 18,774
New question guys: I have a Tidal Hi-Fi subscription.

I know I know the Mojo is not a MQA dac, but I can stream 96kHz on Tidal with a cable.

How do I stream Tidal at 96kHz wirelessly with Poly? Airplay only does 44.

I am on iOS and the only app I found was mconnect player. It does recognize the Poly and connects to it but only works as a remote for the DNLA server. When I try to stream from the Tidal integration using the Poly as output it does not work at all. Any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back