Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 3, 2019 at 1:26 AM Post #11,642 of 18,839
Hi guys totally new to the thread and possibly considering the poly, I have scanned a few pages and there is a hell of a lot of information to sift through so I was wondering if you could answer a couple of questions that probably have already been asked.
My mostly intended use is probably portable using SD card so my first question is how does this work is it Bluetooth app controlled or hotspot and secondly if it's hotspot does this mean I have to keep switching off to use internet services .
My second question is about audio quality in this scenario , I love my mojo through optical but wasn't a big fan through USB how do you think this compares , poly SD card Vs optical in from transport.
Also I will be using an android phone how stable is it?
Sorry if my question about the Bluetooth /hotspot control is not very accurate just trying to find how it accesses files on the go and how stable.
Thanks guys.

Jan 3, 2019 at 8:41 AM Post #11,644 of 18,839
I have a very similar set up at home... but I am visiting my parents over the holidays so I can’t be very helpful. I am trying to find a informational website but when I first set up foobar I used the Bubbleupnp app. There website my help you figure it out https://bubblesoftapps.com/bubbleupnpserver/#foobar2000_configuration

I will be totally grateful if you help me a little :). So, I've downloaded bubbleupnp server app, installed it, installed upnp/dlna server component for foobar. I had problems with connecting to server, but read article that you gave me and opened ports on my router. After this I have "HTTP: Server is reachable from Internet" and "HTTPS: Server is reachable from Internet" statuses. In "network and security" tab in bubble upnp server I've put a login and password (this will be login and password for my new server?). I can see my foobar2000 in "media renderers" tab. Then I went to foobar's upnp servers set "add remote upnp server", give him host (the https port that I've opened in my router), login and password (that I set in bubbleupnp in "credentials" tab. Next I've set in Poly (using my iPhone) parameters of my home network to connect with it. But unfortunately still don't know hot to play the music through Poly.

Jan 4, 2019 at 8:49 AM Post #11,647 of 18,839
I will be totally grateful if you help me a little :). So, I've downloaded bubbleupnp server app, installed it, installed upnp/dlna server component for foobar. I had problems with connecting to server, but read article that you gave me and opened ports on my router. After this I have "HTTP: Server is reachable from Internet" and "HTTPS: Server is reachable from Internet" statuses. In "network and security" tab in bubble upnp server I've put a login and password (this will be login and password for my new server?). I can see my foobar2000 in "media renderers" tab. Then I went to foobar's upnp servers set "add remote upnp server", give him host (the https port that I've opened in my router), login and password (that I set in bubbleupnp in "credentials" tab. Next I've set in Poly (using my iPhone) parameters of my home network to connect with it. But unfortunately still don't know hot to play the music through Poly.
I do not need to open the port of my router.
I install the BubbleUPnP on my smartphone Samsung.

When i start Foobar on my PC:
in Bubbleupnp on my smartphone : I found directly the Foobar2000 Media Server in Local and cloud where I can select
( bilbliotheque en français) Media library ( in english, I hope)

first
Selectionner Bibliotheques : Foobar2000 Media Server
Selection Media library
Selection Folder
There you will find the Music folders configured inside the Foobar2000 application with -> Library -> configure -> Media Library->Music Folder->Add
Where you add the path of your folder :
ex: d:\audio\
add to the playlist

Second
Selection of a reader: Chord Poly: Polyname[renderer] or your PC(foobar2000Renderer)or your smartphone.

Edit: if you have only an Iphone,
foo_upnp makes foobar UPnP/DLNA Renderer, Server, Control Point
i will try this way:
https://www.5kplayer.com/dlna/best-dlna-streaming-app-for-iphone.htm

https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,113490.0.html

I can not do more without a Iphone.
Maybe a Iphone and foobar2000 user could go further?

But you can not use the equalizer of foobar. Just server of your files.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2019 at 6:59 PM Post #11,648 of 18,839
If you get BubbleUPnP running on your computer then you can open foobar and use it to control your poly.
To make foobar output to another device just go to “Preferences” -> “Playback” -> “devices” -> “Poly”
Then if you want to browse polys SD card open the “view” tab and select “UPnP Browser” your poly should show up in it and then it’s just browse through. You are able to use your Computer as a renderer if you like or a networked receiver.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2019 at 6:06 AM Post #11,649 of 18,839
I do not need to open the port of my router.
I install the BubbleUPnP on my smartphone Samsung.

When i start Foobar on my PC:
in Bubbleupnp on my smartphone : I found directly the Foobar2000 Media Server in Local and cloud where I can select
( bilbliotheque en français) Media library ( in english, I hope)

first
Selectionner Bibliotheques : Foobar2000 Media Server
Selection Media library
Selection Folder
There you will find the Music folders configured inside the Foobar2000 application with -> Library -> configure -> Media Library->Music Folder->Add
Where you add the path of your folder :
ex: d:\audio\
add to the playlist

Second
Selection of a reader: Chord Poly: Polyname[renderer] or your PC(foobar2000Renderer)or your smartphone.

Edit: if you have only an Iphone,
foo_upnp makes foobar UPnP/DLNA Renderer, Server, Control Point
i will try this way:
https://www.5kplayer.com/dlna/best-dlna-streaming-app-for-iphone.htm

https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,113490.0.html

I can not do more without a Iphone.
Maybe a Iphone and foobar2000 user could go further?

But you can not use the equalizer of foobar. Just server of your files.
Thanks man, but it is still not working for me. I've installed bubbleupnp for my android device (have also one) and all I can get was playing music located in my PC through bubbleupnp to my android's speaker. At least I know that I have connection between them through my wifi. I think that I messed something with my foobar upnp server or my Poly cannot connect to my wifi (I changed the password of my network to not have special letters). Wasn't trying the link for iphone devices that you provided. Will do this shortly :). Thanks for your help!

Jan 6, 2019 at 3:38 AM Post #11,650 of 18,839
It doesn’t seem like you Poly is connected to your wifi. When you open the Gofigure app does it show your poly connected to your wifi?
Or On your computer you should also be able to open the “network” section of the file explorer/hard drive. When you find “network” does poly show up there?

Jan 6, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #11,651 of 18,839
It doesn’t seem like you Poly is connected to your wifi. When you open the Gofigure app does it show your poly connected to your wi-fi?
Or On your computer you should also be able to open the “network” section of the file explorer/hard drive. When you find “network” does poly show up there?
Unfortunately I was never able to use GoFigure app. There was always "no polys found" so I was using the wizard which opens up in your phone when you are connecting it with your Poly's wi-fi. Any idea how to make GoFigure app works?
Wanted to send this massage few hours before, but I've made some progress :). Somehow, finally my Poly is connected to my w-fi and I was able to play music located on my PC with foobar on my Poly. But after trying to change the song it didn't and right now it's not playing anything :). So while it is (probably) first time that my Poly is connected to wi-fi with internet regarding to Chord instruction I am waiting (maybe) for updating Poly's firmware and then we will see. So I can finally see Poly as a Server and Renderer in my PC's network, but still cannot connect it from GoFigure app. Weird things are going on here...

Jan 6, 2019 at 2:44 PM Post #11,652 of 18,839
Unfortunately I was never able to use GoFigure app. There was always "no polys found" so I was using the wizard which opens up in your phone when you are connecting it with your Poly's wi-fi. Any idea how to make GoFigure app works?
Wanted to send this massage few hours before, but I've made some progress :). Somehow, finally my Poly is connected to my w-fi and I was able to play music located on my PC with foobar on my Poly. But after trying to change the song it didn't and right now it's not playing anything :). So while it is (probably) first time that my Poly is connected to wi-fi with internet regarding to Chord instruction I am waiting (maybe) for updating Poly's firmware and then we will see. So I can finally see Poly as a Server and Renderer in my PC's network, but still cannot connect it from GoFigure app. Weird things are going on here...
What version of the firmware is on your Poly?

Jan 6, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #11,654 of 18,839
Is Poly connected on bluetooth too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back