Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 9, 2018 at 4:57 AM Post #11,446 of 18,773
Interesting.

The problem is I can't use go figure at the moment since it doesn't want to connect. I've tried resetting with the button on Poly to go to the settings page but that doesn't work either.
I've learned some tricks along the way to get Poly back into life but none of them seem to be working for the moment.

How did you get Poly to connect while being in this state?

Dec 9, 2018 at 5:49 AM Post #11,447 of 18,773
Interesting.

The problem is I can't use go figure at the moment since it doesn't want to connect. I've tried resetting with the button on Poly to go to the settings page but that doesn't work either.
I've learned some tricks along the way to get Poly back into life but none of them seem to be working for the moment.

make sure poly is well charged - it can blink that it’s on but not accept network connections if battery low I saw a few times.

Dec 9, 2018 at 7:09 AM Post #11,449 of 18,773
The last time it responded it was fully charged, but I haven't seen a single light move on P. status so I assume it still has decent power. I'm trying to discharge Mojo and Poly now. Any other suggestions?

if you cannot connect through GoFigure, discharging is the only solution. Chord has yet to find a solution to this issue.

Dec 9, 2018 at 7:32 AM Post #11,450 of 18,773
Has anyone tried using the Poly on a long haul airplane? I just had a set of 12+ hour flights on Delta Airbus A330s, once the plane loaded up something happened and poly seemed to be overwhelmed by maybe by too many BT other devices in a small area; some sort of interference resulting in a lot of popping and static. Thankfully the next seats were empty so i just used the USB cable and hooked the mojo to my iPad which stopped all the interference behavior so it wasn’t any issue with the Mojo.

I was in Airplane / Bluetooth mode connected via BT since my phone wouldn’t create a wifi and hotspot mode did not work with airplay. Is airplay supposed to work over hot spot mode?

Anyways I just picked up a pair of Noble Kaiser K10Us today and the mojo/poly has been getting a workout, seems like a nice pairing. I noticed today that Tidal app through airplay was significantly worse quality than Tidal via BubbleUPnP from Android phone (Think CD to old 128Kbps MP3). I don’t think airplay has any settings and the Hifi settings were on in the app vs FLAC setting in BubbleUPnP. Has anyone else had this experience?

Dec 9, 2018 at 7:36 AM Post #11,451 of 18,773
Ok, I'll check if Poly gets warm because if it doesn't only Mojo will be discharging, the battery of my Mojo has degenerated during the years since I have this one from the release, so it's possible Poly will have more than enough power when Mojo is discharged. Is there another way to discharge Poly when Mojo is no longer working?

Dec 9, 2018 at 7:43 AM Post #11,452 of 18,773
Has anyone tried using the Poly on a long haul airplane? I just had a set of 12+ hour flights on Delta Airbus A330s, once the plane loaded up something happened and poly seemed to be overwhelmed by maybe by too many BT other devices in a small area; some sort of interference resulting in a lot of popping and static. Thankfully the next seats were empty so i just used the USB cable and hooked the mojo to my iPad which stopped all the interference behavior so it wasn’t any issue with the Mojo.

I was in Airplane / Bluetooth mode connected via BT since my phone wouldn’t create a wifi and hotspot mode did not work with airplay. Is airplay supposed to work over hot spot mode?

Anyways I just picked up a pair of Noble Kaiser K10Us today and the mojo/poly has been getting a workout, seems like a nice pairing. I noticed today that Tidal app through airplay was significantly worse quality than Tidal via BubbleUPnP from Android phone (Think CD to old 128Kbps MP3). I don’t think airplay has any settings and the Hifi settings were on in the app vs FLAC setting in BubbleUPnP. Has anyone else had this experience?
I would check that Airplane is actually engaged, (as it can sometimes look that it is when it isn't!) by toggling on/off Airplane mode - otherwise you might well get popping/glitching as Poly searches for a network to join.

Dec 9, 2018 at 7:48 AM Post #11,453 of 18,773
I would check that Airplane is actually engaged, (as it can sometimes look that it is when it isn't!) by toggling on/off Airplane mode - otherwise you might well get popping/glitching as Poly searches for a network to join.
Hi, yea I did cycle that setting in the app a couple times as I was waiting to be able to get my bag down from the overhead bin (with my cables). I am familiar with the popping from network search and I also cleared all of the saved networks which is another fix for that. But alas it wasn’t the same type of noise or regular cadence.

Dec 9, 2018 at 7:50 AM Post #11,454 of 18,773
Hi, yea I did cycle that setting in the app a couple times as I was waiting to be able to get my bag down from the overhead bin (with my cables). I am familiar with the popping from network search and I also cleared all of the saved networks which is another fix for that. But alas it wasn’t the same type of noise or regular cadence.
Rats! Oh well always good to check. Never heard of this before - sounds seriously irritating.

Dec 9, 2018 at 10:43 AM Post #11,455 of 18,773

I think I experienced this a while back. Do you have a password for your Poly’s network? I recall this happened before the update that allowed a password and it seems fine since.

Dec 9, 2018 at 8:50 PM Post #11,456 of 18,773
Greetings,

I have a question regarding MPD streaming that I'm hoping someone can help with ... I am running an MPD server on a mac using mopidy. I am able to connect to the server using Glider on iOS and peruse the albums and tracks; however, when I try to play and select Poly for playback, I see an icon of Poly and "MPD sources cannot be streamed."

Is this the expected behavior when using Glider to connect to the MPD server running on my mac?

Thanks for any information!

Dec 10, 2018 at 6:30 AM Post #11,457 of 18,773
Greetings,

I have a question regarding MPD streaming that I'm hoping someone can help with ... I am running an MPD server on a mac using mopidy. I am able to connect to the server using Glider on iOS and peruse the albums and tracks; however, when I try to play and select Poly for playback, I see an icon of Poly and "MPD sources cannot be streamed."

Is this the expected behavior when using Glider to connect to the MPD server running on my mac?

Thanks for any information!
MPD isn't generally used for streaming across a network - the server and playback usually reside on same device, with playback control only running from a client on the network. So, your Mac MPD server will playback its content locally, as will Poly.

Dec 10, 2018 at 2:54 PM Post #11,458 of 18,773
I think i will stick with iphone, mojo and roon for now then.

Dec 10, 2018 at 6:36 PM Post #11,459 of 18,773
Thanks Gr8h8m, I appreciate the explanation!

I was looking to running an MPD server due to inconsistent performance using UPnP through Glider ... Using Serviio serving 10K+ tracks ... I wasn't always able to sync the server in that instance and sought an alternative in what I thought would be a solution in MPD ...

Dec 10, 2018 at 6:55 PM Post #11,460 of 18,773
Interesting.

Is your poly status light on and you can’t connect ?

If so, you will have to wait until the battery discharges, it’s happened to me twice, but it’s been plain sailing ever since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back