Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 11, 2018 at 3:18 AM Post #11,461 of 18,755
No, the Poly's light is not working. It's only showing the Mojo status and for the moment it's still not working. I'm still depleting the battery but it's hard because I have zero indication about its status.
This is one hell of a bug.

Dec 11, 2018 at 12:49 PM Post #11,463 of 18,755
Poly is giving a sign of life again after the 'incident'. It's shows it's taking the charge with it's P. status led solidly displayed. That's it for now. I hope I can reset it after the charge but I'll try in 4 hours.

So after being in hotspot mode you just don't instantly switch to wifi to avoid problems like these?
Or is there another procedure you must follow to prevent instant Poly meltdown?

Dec 11, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #11,464 of 18,755
Poly is giving a sign of life again after the 'incident'. It's shows it's taking the charge with it's P. status led solidly displayed. That's it for now. I hope I can reset it after the charge but I'll try in 4 hours.

So after being in hotspot mode you just don't instantly switch to wifi to avoid problems like these?
Or is there another procedure you must follow to prevent instant Poly meltdown?
What version of the apps and firmware are you using?

Dec 11, 2018 at 5:23 PM Post #11,466 of 18,755
It's working again like nothing ever happened. It automatically went into WiFi mode after the drainage when I activated Poly. Despite me being pleased it's working again any tips to avoid a situation like this is much appreciated.

Dec 12, 2018 at 5:51 AM Post #11,467 of 18,755
Ok thanks for confirming.
Airplay supports 16 bit 44Khz playback which will cover the majority of Tidal tracks so they do not play at lower resolution. However I guess you are asking about Tidal masters which play at 96KHz. Currently these are not available on the Tidal app and can only be played via the desktop version of Tidal or via Roon. If you play a Tidal master via the app it will play at standard resolution so Airplay is fine.

We will have an update to include Tidal inside Poly. However Tidal do not allow offline content to be stored or played. This is not an issue with Poly but due to the licensing restrictions with Tidal. If Tidal changes then yes we would be able to update and support it.

DSD is only supported via MPD at the moment and not via DLNA which 8Player uses - this update is coming. However it will work using the Glider app as this works using both MPD and DLNA. If it is not playing then Joe the developer of Glider is available on here and you can also email support@chordelectronics.co.uk and we can take a look at your DSD files to see if there is any reason why they don't play.

I hope this helps with your decision.

Can I ask what the alternative is for using Poly on Android as we don't have Airplay?
Do we also have a way of using Poly Wirelessly (without the loss of quality) and without requiring to be connected to Wi-Fi or using any mobile data.
I guess my question is:

If I put offline playlists or just downloaded songs on my phone and I disable Wi-Fi and Mobile data, can I still enjoy them in a way wirelessly trough my Mojo / Poly without having a Wi-Fi or Mobile data connection enabled?
I know Bluetooth is likely an option but at that point I doubt the audio quality would be equal (16 bit 44 khz) as you described above for Airplay, right?
The Poly seems like a great fun addition at home where wi-fi is always available but I'm also looking at it for options to use while commuting or at work where my phone will not have access to Wi-Fi.
So far options I've identified but don't like as much are:

- Bluetooth (audio quality will suffer I guess)
- SD card of Poly (Can't store offline playlists of Tidal/Spotify/Qobuz) on there.

Would you mind sharing your feedback on the options for when Wi-Fi is not available and you are all out of mobile data or do not wish to use 4G / Mobile data to stream hi-res music.
Is the only option at that point to simply go back to the good old 'Wired to Mojo mode' for Android users?

Thanks

Dec 12, 2018 at 6:14 AM Post #11,468 of 18,755
Can I ask what the alternative is for using Poly on Android as we don't have Airplay?
Do we also have a way of using Poly Wirelessly (without the loss of quality) and without requiring to be connected to Wi-Fi or using any mobile data.
I guess my question is:

If I put offline playlists or just downloaded songs on my phone and I disable Wi-Fi and Mobile data, can I still enjoy them in a way wirelessly trough my Mojo / Poly without having a Wi-Fi or Mobile data connection enabled?
I know Bluetooth is likely an option but at that point I doubt the audio quality would be equal (16 bit 44 khz) as you described above for Airplay, right?
The Poly seems like a great fun addition at home where wi-fi is always available but I'm also looking at it for options to use while commuting or at work where my phone will not have access to Wi-Fi.
So far options I've identified but don't like as much are:

- Bluetooth (audio quality will suffer I guess)
- SD card of Poly (Can't store offline playlists of Tidal/Spotify/Qobuz) on there.

Would you mind sharing your feedback on the options for when Wi-Fi is not available and you are all out of mobile data or do not wish to use 4G / Mobile data to stream hi-res music.
Is the only option at that point to simply go back to the good old 'Wired to Mojo mode' for Android users?

Thanks

Poly Airplane mode then MPD playlists stored on Poly SD card triggered via Bluetooth using GoFigure/Quickplay - only way of playing losslessly while not using Wi-Fi at all.

Dec 12, 2018 at 7:30 AM Post #11,469 of 18,755
Poly Airplane mode then MPD playlists stored on Poly SD card triggered via Bluetooth using GoFigure/Quickplay - only way of playing losslessly while not using Wi-Fi at all.

So streaming a playlist from qobuz or Spotify or tidal on your Android iPhone can't be done without Wi-Fi or usage of mobile data right? Bluetooth always loses quality no?

Dec 12, 2018 at 10:11 AM Post #11,470 of 18,755
So streaming a playlist from qobuz or Spotify or tidal on your Android iPhone can't be done without Wi-Fi or usage of mobile data right? Bluetooth always loses quality no?
The phone always needs a WiFi connection (2.4GHz only) to Poly regardless of usage, with the one exception I've already outlined.
The outdated Bluetooth audio codec used by Poly (SBC) is lossy and quite poor, certainly compared to more modern codecs (eg LDAC, aptX, AAC).

Dec 12, 2018 at 8:45 PM Post #11,471 of 18,755
Good to know, but I assume though if the control point loses connection at all, you can get stuttering? Because I have definitely noticed the occasional stuttering when using dlna. Very occasional, but still happens from time to time.

Still trying to figure out a way to block the interference noise I am hearing though. I have some Ferrite chokes on the way... heres to hoping, would be a shame if my headphones are just too sensitive for this. I am really the only person that hears wifi radio interference though?
I tried disabling wifi on my iPod Touch while playing an album from sd card using mConnect Lite. The current song played to end without stuttering but then the next song did not play. On reconnecting wifi, I was able to continue playing the album from the next song.

Edit: Repeatedly putting the connection in and out of airplane mode while a song was playing also didn't produce stuttering.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2018 at 3:36 AM Post #11,472 of 18,755
I tried disabling wifi on my iPod Touch while playing an album from sd card using mConnect Lite. The current song played to end without stuttering but then the next song did not play. On reconnecting wifi, I was able to continue playing the album from the next song.

Edit: Repeatedly putting the connection in and out of airplane mode while a song was playing also didn't produce stuttering.
I experienced similar before, but make sure you’ve kicked off an mpd playlist before disabling the source WiFi, then poly can work through the mpd playlist. Assuming that the source material was on the poly sd card.

Dec 14, 2018 at 4:03 AM Post #11,473 of 18,755
two questions:

1)I have seen Go Figure on Android device has Tidal beta setting, what is that for? Is Mojo becoming MQA friendly?

2)I love to be able to feed digital content out fromt poly into my chord Hugo, will Chord enable USB out from poly? This would be amazing!

Dec 14, 2018 at 6:14 AM Post #11,475 of 18,755
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back