Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Oct 16, 2018 at 10:16 PM Post #11,057 of 18,770
agree. one thing ive noticed though, it can read files from another source and play it to poly, say, from an AK KANN via wifi, and at the same time read files from the poly's SD card, whichever library you choose. up to now, i still cannot figure out how to play files from the AK KANN to poly via MALP.
I think you're getting confused. MALP is solely an MPD client. Poly has an MPD server running on it to playback local SD card content. Does AK KANN have an MPD server running on it? How would you connect it to Mojo? This is a different usage case.

actually, I have been using the AK KANN as my file source [512 + 256 GB library] and the poly-mojo [renderer] using the bubble UpNp for a while now, and it works with all files except DSD. so im using MALP to play DSD files loaded into poly's SD card. ive been trying to find a single app that can control or utilize both the AK KANN and poly's SD card as my libraries and play it to poly. bubble UpNp and AK Connect can do this, except that DSD cannot be played.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2018 at 2:48 AM Post #11,058 of 18,770
actually, I have been using the AK KANN as my file source [512 + 256 GB library] and the poly-mojo [renderer] using the bubble UpNp for a while now, and it works with all files except DSD. so im using MALP to play DSD files loaded into poly's SD card. ive been trying to find a single app that can control or utilize both the AK KANN and poly's SD card as my libraries and play it to poly. bubble UpNp and AK Connect can do this, except that DSD cannot be played.
That is a limitation of DLNA/uPnP of which Bubble is an example. I was just pointing out that MPD is different again to that, and is the best choice solely for SD card playback.

Oct 17, 2018 at 3:30 AM Post #11,059 of 18,770
Hello,

I am unable to connect Poly to my Android smartphone (Google Pixel 2 XL) via Bluetooth. In pairing mode the smartphone does not see Poly. At the same time I successfully connected my iPad and Poly via Bluetooth and can use Go Figure with no issues. I would appreciate very much if somebody could please advise me.

Thank you,
Igor

Oct 17, 2018 at 10:21 AM Post #11,060 of 18,770
I don’t have a poly, but since Bluetooth can only be paired with one device at a time perhaps you need to make sure your iOS device has Bluetooth disconnected from the poly before trying to connect with your phone.

I’m leaning towards getting a Qutest after all, since my local Chord dealer can sell me one from display, but can only order the poly new. With shipping and customs it’s over 900$ for the poly, but only around 1500$ for the Qutest (from display). Plus I already have a streaming option for the mojo via the computer in an extremely low latency mode which sounds amazing.

Oct 17, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #11,061 of 18,770
I don’t have a poly, but since Bluetooth can only be paired with one device at a time perhaps you need to make sure your iOS device has Bluetooth disconnected from the poly before trying to connect with your phone.

I’m leaning towards getting a Qutest after all, since my local Chord dealer can sell me one from display, but can only order the poly new. With shipping and customs it’s over 900$ for the poly, but only around 1500$ for the Qutest (from display). Plus I already have a streaming option for the mojo via the computer in an extremely low latency mode which sounds amazing.

Thank you, jdpark, but I have iPad disconnected. Pixel 2 XL simply does not see Poly...

Oct 17, 2018 at 11:36 AM Post #11,062 of 18,770
Been off the forum for a bit as I was going through a move and still getting settled. Honestly kind of disappointed coming back into this thread and seeing that the poly is in the exact same state as it has been, there have been no updates from chord lately, and gofigure still isnt actually released for android.

I still get audible interference on my unit (I am guessing from wifi or the dlna server/renderer) but havent had time to send it back in to my dealer to have it checked out. Its a shame because when audio is playing it sounds great, and is relatively straight forward for me to use. But android is still lacking feature parity and cant be used for streaming audio yet (without the inferior bluetooth connection).

And when I went to power on my unit today for the first time in... I dont know, two months, both the mojo and the poly were completely dead and wouldnt even turn on until I plugged them in. The poly battery for me always drains when powered off, but this is the first time the mojo too was dead.

We are closing in on a year since the (already delayed) release of this product and it still feels extremely unfinished. Very disappointing considering how much potential this thing has/had.

Oct 17, 2018 at 12:24 PM Post #11,063 of 18,770
Been off the forum for a bit as I was going through a move and still getting settled. Honestly kind of disappointed coming back into this thread and seeing that the poly is in the exact same state as it has been, there have been no updates from chord lately, and gofigure still isnt actually released for android.

I still get audible interference on my unit (I am guessing from wifi or the dlna server/renderer) but havent had time to send it back in to my dealer to have it checked out. Its a shame because when audio is playing it sounds great, and is relatively straight forward for me to use. But android is still lacking feature parity and cant be used for streaming audio yet (without the inferior bluetooth connection).

And when I went to power on my unit today for the first time in... I dont know, two months, both the mojo and the poly were completely dead and wouldnt even turn on until I plugged them in. The poly battery for me always drains when powered off, but this is the first time the mojo too was dead.

We are closing in on a year since the (already delayed) release of this product and it still feels extremely unfinished. Very disappointing considering how much potential this thing has/had.
You never disappoint always making the right points. please be assured that a lot of work is still ongoing and will be released in the near future.
The feedback from the beta sampling of the android app has been incorporated and a lot of additional work had to be carried out to accommodate for the over a hundred or so very different display versions of android that are actually on the various Phones throughout the world, additionally work on the operating system to speed up all functions over WiFi that was formerly impossible and many other system improvements and new features have been made. So I’m hoping that even you will be satisfied though somehow I doubt that, but heres hoping

Oct 17, 2018 at 12:31 PM Post #11,064 of 18,770
You never disappoint always making the right points. please be assured that a lot of work is still ongoing and will be released in the near future.
The feedback from the beta sampling of the android app has been incorporated and a lot of additional work had to be carried out to accommodate for the over a hundred or so very different display versions of android that are actually on the various Phones throughout the world, additionally work on the operating system to speed up all functions over WiFi that was formerly impossible and many other system improvements and new features have been made. So I’m hoping that even you will be satisfied though somehow I doubt that, but heres hoping

I appreciate the response, and I hope you know that my frustration is from a desire to see this product succeed because I really like the idea of it, I love the sound quality (outside of the interference) and when it works, it works great. As a software developer myself I also understand the difficulty of getting software ready for release. But with the hardware being almost a year old now, its hard to feel like this extra wait with a big lack of information most of the time is ok. And for the cost of this product, its just kind of a hard pill to swallow that its been so long and still lacking in many areas.

Either way, thank you for the update. Glad to know development is ongoing, even though its been behind the scenes. I am excited for updates because I really do want it to live up to the expectations and promises that were made and to be a product that I actually want to use often.

Oct 17, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #11,065 of 18,770
I have a feeling Poly needs a break-in period. The combination of MojoPoly sounds improved (less digital) after a while to my ears. That gave me a wrong impression of Roon in the beginning.

While SD-playback still wins in absolute sound quality it's the convenience and also stellar sound of Roon that is my preference right now. The easy access and fast navigation just make it a lot easier if you have to navigate large libraries.
For the last couple of days I've gone back to songs that I've played countless times to boredom.
While comparing files I find that the DSP-engine of Roon adds some warmth to the soundstage that is slightly more musical (less detailed but not so easy to notice) and is a joy to listen to.

The unfortunate part of Roon for me is that Poly is not a verified end point and as such can't precisely be set for playback. For example the Roon core decodes DSD64 for Poly to 32/384 instead of passthrough DSD.
There is no way to change this in the settings (for me) at the moment.

I hope these issues will be ironed out with the upcoming firmware or app updates for both platforms.

edit typo.

Hi @Syracuse
Roon will passthrough a DSD source to Poly so that it plays into Mojo as a DSD file.
Just make sure you don't have DSP enabled in Roon ( or it you do make sure it is not set to convert DSD to PCM ). You can always check the signal path to see if there is any conversion or DSP running. You should see a straight path as below between source to Poly then USB output to Mojo.

image-1340.png

Oct 17, 2018 at 1:33 PM Post #11,066 of 18,770
Roon: a $500 accessory for your $600 accessory for your $550 product.

As much as I love the idea of Roon, I loathe their pricing scheme and I'm not a big fan of the fact that Chord (and others) have decided that getting the device working properly with Roon is more important than getting it working properly without.

Oct 17, 2018 at 1:41 PM Post #11,067 of 18,770

John, I would like to thank you for both Mojo and Poly, They are great products and I enjoy both. Yes, I have issues with Pixel but I can use my iPad and I am comfortable enough with this as a temporarily solution for me. Of course, I do hope Chord Electronics fix Android issues assuming that Pixel phones have the purest Android. Tomorrow I will try Samsung S6.

Oct 17, 2018 at 1:55 PM Post #11,068 of 18,770
Roon: a $500 accessory for your $600 accessory for your $550 product.

As much as I love the idea of Roon, I loathe their pricing scheme and I'm not a big fan of the fact that Chord (and others) have decided that getting the device working properly with Roon is more important than getting it working properly without.
Gotta agree with this. I'm never going to use Roon.

Oct 17, 2018 at 2:20 PM Post #11,069 of 18,770
The feedback from the beta sampling of the android app has been incorporated and a lot of additional work had to be carried out to accommodate for the over a hundred or so very different display versions of android that are actually on the various Phones throughout the world, additionally work on the operating system to speed up all functions over WiFi that was formerly impossible and many other system improvements and new features have been made. So I’m hoping that even you will be satisfied though somehow I doubt that, but heres hoping[/QUOTE

I am hopeful that this is part of the path that will ultimately see the release of the same device for the Hugo2...2Go.

Oct 17, 2018 at 2:20 PM Post #11,070 of 18,770
Hi @Syracuse
Roon will passthrough a DSD source to Poly so that it plays into Mojo as a DSD file.
Just make sure you don't have DSP enabled in Roon ( or it you do make sure it is not set to convert DSD to PCM ). You can always check the signal path to see if there is any conversion or DSP running. You should see a straight path as below between source to Poly then USB output to Mojo.

I've done everything I could think of to get Poly to work like this. I only get to change options when I connect Mojo directly to the computer. When Mojopoly is connected Roon says it's Roon ready but uncertified. When I go to settings I can't make any changes to DSD processing (or even get the option) since Roon doesn't know the device has DSD-capabilities it appears. I can push settings to 32/384 and that's it, I've tried nearly every option in with or without the DSP-menu to get it to process DSD directly but no luck.

DSP is completely disabled but it is activated every time some DFF or DSF file plays.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back