Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Oct 17, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #11,071 of 18,752
I've done everything I could think of to get Poly to work like this. I only get to change options when I connect Mojo directly to the computer. When Mojopoly is connected Roon says it's Roon ready but uncertified. When I go to settings I can't make any changes to DSD processing (or even get the option) since Roon doesn't know the device has DSD-capabilities it appears. I can push settings to 32/384 and that's it, I've tried nearly every option in with or without the DSP-menu to get it to process DSD directly but no luck.

DSP is completely disabled but it is activated every time some DFF or DSF file plays.

I figured it out. DSD playback in Roon was activated when I looked at it before in GoFigure. I just went back in Gofigure and quickly deactivated and activated the tab again. Now it works.... Go figure. :p

Oct 17, 2018 at 2:56 PM Post #11,072 of 18,752
I've done everything I could think of to get Poly to work like this. I only get to change options when I connect Mojo directly to the computer. When Mojopoly is connected Roon says it's Roon ready but uncertified. When I go to settings I can't make any changes to DSD processing (or even get the option) since Roon doesn't know the device has DSD-capabilities it appears. I can push settings to 32/384 and that's it, I've tried nearly every option in with or without the DSP-menu to get it to process DSD directly but no luck.

DSP is completely disabled but it is activated every time some DFF or DSF file plays.

Are you sure you don't have the Sample Rate conversion enabled in the Roon DSP Engine? Here you can set Roon to convert any sample rate including DSD to another sample rate. Check that DSD64 is not set to output at 384KHz PCM. Ideally disable this option so all files are played natively.
If you still can't get it to work then drop us an email info@chordelectronics.co.uk with some screen shots of your setup and we will take a look.

image-3642.png

Ok ignore this then. I see you have found the issue now!

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #11,073 of 18,752
Gotta agree with this. I'm never going to use Roon.

+1 I had Roon free for a 2 months' trial and I finally uninstalled it seeing no + points having already Tidal HiFi, JRiver Media Center and the streamer on my signature.

Oct 18, 2018 at 7:32 AM Post #11,074 of 18,752
. @Matt Bartlett Please can you fix your install of MPD so that it reads and reports ID3 Tags on MP3s and DSDs. It's a fundamental part of Poly's onboard software, and crucial to a good Android Poly experience. I know you've said before that this hasn't been a priority but it was first reported as a bug at the start of the year which really should have been easily enough time to fix.

Oct 18, 2018 at 7:58 AM Post #11,075 of 18,752
I regret, why i didn't buy the Poly earlier. I am 10 months late :frowning2:

Oct 18, 2018 at 8:34 AM Post #11,076 of 18,752
I appreciate the response, and I hope you know that my frustration is from a desire to see this product succeed because I really like the idea of it, I love the sound quality (outside of the interference) and when it works, it works great. As a software developer myself I also understand the difficulty of getting software ready for release. But with the hardware being almost a year old now, its hard to feel like this extra wait with a big lack of information most of the time is ok. And for the cost of this product, its just kind of a hard pill to swallow that its been so long and still lacking in many areas.

Either way, thank you for the update. Glad to know development is ongoing, even though its been behind the scenes. I am excited for updates because I really do want it to live up to the expectations and promises that were made and to be a product that I actually want to use often.

I think Chord should do small releases more often than a big bang release once a year or so, helps to instill confidence in customers that something is been done. As a software developer myself I would say more Agile than Water fall methodology.

Oct 18, 2018 at 9:51 AM Post #11,077 of 18,752
Are you sure you don't have the Sample Rate conversion enabled in the Roon DSP Engine? Here you can set Roon to convert any sample rate including DSD to another sample rate. Check that DSD64 is not set to output at 384KHz PCM. Ideally disable this option so all files are played natively.
If you still can't get it to work then drop us an email info@chordelectronics.co.uk with some screen shots of your setup and we will take a look.

Ok ignore this then. I see you have found the issue now!

Hi Matt, I would admit if it was something I forgot. I just had to go to GoFigure and deactivate (it was on) DSD-playback on Roon and reactivate within a second. Fortunately the settings menu in Roon instantly changed when I made this 'minor adjustment' so I could set the DSD-parameters.

Oct 18, 2018 at 12:14 PM Post #11,078 of 18,752
Hi Matt, I would admit if it was something I forgot. I just had to go to GoFigure and deactivate (it was on) DSD-playback on Roon and reactivate within a second. Fortunately the settings menu in Roon instantly changed when I made this 'minor adjustment' so I could set the DSD-parameters.
That's similar to how GoFigure can display that Poly is in Flight mode when it isn't, and the setting needs re-toggling to re-engage.

Oct 18, 2018 at 1:20 PM Post #11,079 of 18,752
If mojopoly worked flawlessly i would buy one before the end of the week. I've dreamt of a mobile audio solution for years. Come on Chord.

Oct 18, 2018 at 10:02 PM Post #11,084 of 18,752
Thanks, @Gr8h8m , that's what I was afraid of. But good to know, so I don't tear my hair out trying to fix it.
As a MojoPoly owner you still have hair????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back