Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Sep 14, 2018 at 6:20 AM Post #10,861 of 18,821
firstly, you're in the right place to ask any questions about Poly so you don't require forgiveness, in reply:-

Is there a specific serial number of poly I should watch out for?... only on the one you own, if you decide to purchase.

For example model numbers after 022 are better?... the higher numbers are better solely because they would be brand-new.

What's the best place to buy a poly?... from a 'Chord Electronics' Dealer, it's the only place to buy a Poly.

Should I wait for blackfriday ?... it would make no difference if it was Blue-Monday or Black-Friday the price you pay would be the same.

Thanks a bunch in advance... no problemo, happy to help.
There's a caveat to that though. The early run of Polys had a power-on hardware fault that meant some were recalled and exchanged (including mine). Unfortunately Chord have never published the range of serial numbers of units affected.

Sep 14, 2018 at 7:24 AM Post #10,862 of 18,821
There's a caveat to that though. The early run of Polys had a power-on hardware fault that meant some were recalled and exchanged (including mine). Unfortunately Chord have never published the range of serial numbers of units affected.
I have an early Poly S/N P020724 and have never had any power-on problems. However, I have a relatively recent Mojo, so perhaps the problem is with early Poly with early Mojo. I haven't had any other significant issues with Poly either after the first couple of firmware updates, but I only use it in wi-fi mode.

Sep 14, 2018 at 7:30 AM Post #10,863 of 18,821
I have an early Poly S/N P020724 and have never had any power-on problems. However, I have a relatively recent Mojo, so perhaps the problem is with early Poly with early Mojo. I haven't had any other significant issues with Poly either after the first couple of firmware updates, but I only use it in wi-fi mode.
Its all conjecture unfortunately because Chord, beside the recall & exchange, never gave out further info that might identify problem units.

Sep 14, 2018 at 9:05 AM Post #10,864 of 18,821
Its all conjecture unfortunately because Chord, beside the recall & exchange, never gave out further info that might identify problem units.

I'll take on board your 'caveat' but surely what you are recalling happened a while back (during my Sabbatical period) and clearly state that Chord replaced any recalled units so would having 'numbers' really assist someone looking to buy a new Poly, especially when the units have been probably junked?

Sep 14, 2018 at 9:29 AM Post #10,865 of 18,821
I'll take on board your 'caveat' but surely what you are recalling happened a while back (during my Sabbatical period) and clearly state that Chord replaced any recalled units so would having 'numbers' really assist someone looking to buy a new Poly, especially when the units have been probably junked?
Just pointing out for people that might be considering a second hand purchase that it might be worth checking the serial with Chord.

Sep 14, 2018 at 9:52 AM Post #10,866 of 18,821
I can kinda see where you're coming from but I think I will swerve that question if anyone ask for help, think I'll make it known that 'I don't do numbers', before my time I'm afraid.

I'm more of a futurist, I mean, retrocognition is sooo yesterday.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2018 at 9:13 PM Post #10,867 of 18,821
Simple question, hopefully there is a simple answer. How would I stream music and other audio on my Mac to the Poly? I've begun ripping my record collection. I then run the ripped music through a declicker (I'm evaluating Click Repair), but I want to do a careful comparison between the original rip and the declicked version.

I presume I would use airplay, but I don't know how to set that up on the Mac (can you believe it?) and then doing the same on the Poly.

Thanks for any guidance.

Sep 14, 2018 at 9:22 PM Post #10,868 of 18,821
Simple question, hopefully there is a simple answer. How would I stream music and other audio on my Mac to the Poly? I've begun ripping my record collection. I then run the ripped music through a declicker (I'm evaluating Click Repair), but I want to do a careful comparison between the original rip and the declicked version.

I presume I would use airplay, but I don't know how to set that up on the Mac (can you believe it?) and then doing the same on the Poly.

Thanks for any guidance.

you would use Poly’s Airplay compatibility to choose your Poly from the output on the Mac audio output settings.

Sep 15, 2018 at 3:42 AM Post #10,869 of 18,821
Thanks a lot! It works.

Anyone could help me? I just bought a ipad and download gofigure. Gofigure can setup the poly but can use the quick play as i do not have playlist. I use iTunes to create one to test. It can see the playlist name but not the songs. How to go about it?

I had download the beta of gofigure for android but i cannot connect to poly while my ipad is very easy. Wonder what is the issue?

It seems that i always need to turn on Bluetooth to connect gofigure(ipad) to poly then i can setup like hotspot for poly or use DLNA. The gofigure will ask for me to on bluetooth to connect.

Currently, i am able to configure to use home network to use on poly and using ipad to control by 8player app. Sesam and Glider cannot work.

I want to use poly on the go for listening to sd card in poly. Currently, i setup poly on hotspot and use my android phone to access through sesam and Hi-Fi Cast. This setup work but what other method to use for on the go without the need for poly on hotspot?

Sep 15, 2018 at 4:53 AM Post #10,870 of 18,821
Now, enjoying my music with this setup. :)
20180915_165124.jpg

Sep 15, 2018 at 5:45 AM Post #10,871 of 18,821

Thanks for any guidance.
You could install a media server such as Universal Media Server on the Mac and use it as a source and the Poly as the output renderer.

Sep 15, 2018 at 8:19 PM Post #10,872 of 18,821
Now, enjoying my music with this setup. :)
I have the same setup for travel and love it. Only trouble is my teenage daughter has taken a shine to the Aeon Flow Closed. The other day she texted me to ask where “her” headphones were...

Sep 16, 2018 at 6:13 AM Post #10,873 of 18,821
EB5DE68B-466C-4326-93CB-5B317A23DC04.jpeg

Passed all my Holliday’s with this combo, perfect to travel.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2018 at 7:07 AM Post #10,874 of 18,821
Mike is probably near the mark with his comments on the 'update' but I'm not going to speculate.

What I will do is ask Matt what his time-frame guesstimate is, of when the new update will be released... I 'will not' be speaking to Matt 'till Tues/Wed next week (he'll be snowed under Mon & probably Tues), so will update you afterwards, hth.
Has there been any update on this?

Sep 17, 2018 at 9:47 AM Post #10,875 of 18,821
Jed, I tried to get a update earlier though the guy I need to talk to is off for a couple of days (I know Matt needs to ask him stuff), give me a day or so then I can update you on the 'update'... I really 'do not' want to harass Matt as he's well busy getting products out to Customers (yes I know you're a valued Customer as well).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back