Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Sep 6, 2018 at 5:59 PM Post #10,847 of 18,757
Is there a way I can play content from my home NAS via M.A.L.P. if Poly is connected to my home network? If so, what IP address should I type in into profile IP settings? My NAS IP?
I think you're getting confused. M.A.L.P is looking for the IP address of an MPD server. Poly runs an MPD server natively (as well as a MiniDLNA server) to serve up media from the micro SD card, so that's why you want to use Poly's IP address. Unless you were running an MPD server on your NAS (which is eminently doable depending on your hardware - MPD is extremely light on resources) M.A.L.P won't connect to your NAS. And even if it did you would then have to stream the audio from your NAS across to your Poly somehow, which would be a whole other issue. Again totally doable, but a whole different kettle of fish.

Sep 7, 2018 at 12:39 AM Post #10,848 of 18,757
I think you're getting confused. M.A.L.P is looking for the IP address of an MPD server. Poly runs an MPD server natively (as well as a MiniDLNA server) to serve up media from the micro SD card, so that's why you want to use Poly's IP address. Unless you were running an MPD server on your NAS (which is eminently doable depending on your hardware - MPD is extremely light on resources) M.A.L.P won't connect to your NAS. And even if it did you would then have to stream the audio from your NAS across to your Poly somehow, which would be a whole other issue. Again totally doable, but a whole different kettle of fish.
OK, so the only easy way to stream contents from your home NAS to Poly is via BubbleUPnP?

Sep 7, 2018 at 3:04 AM Post #10,849 of 18,757
Hi everyone, I have been following this thread for months now, i'm on the fence regarding upgrading my Fiio x5 3rd gen. Due to illness I ended up losing my job, I had to sell all my gear. However I'm starting again, I used to have a Hugo 2, but I can't afford it right now so I'm considering the mojo and poly. But what I read on here daily does not fill me with confidence, there is just so much faffing around for a device that costs a £1000. I would be using a memory card or my LgV30 or Note 9. Maybe I have missed something but does it all just work right out the box?
Thanks
Tichy

Sep 7, 2018 at 5:16 AM Post #10,850 of 18,757
OK, so the only easy way to stream contents from your home NAS to Poly is via BubbleUPnP?
Well then you're looking at the actual streaming features of Poly - currently Airplay / DLNA(UPnP) / Bluetooth. Google Cast has also been mentioned as a future possibility.

Sep 9, 2018 at 5:27 PM Post #10,851 of 18,757

As far as I know you can use BubbleUPNP to view and play music from your NAS, but DNLA /UPNP as far as I am aware, do not play DSD Natively or Bit Perfect

Sep 9, 2018 at 5:36 PM Post #10,852 of 18,757
Hi everyone, I have been following this thread for months now, i'm on the fence regarding upgrading my Fiio x5 3rd gen. Due to illness I ended up losing my job, I had to sell all my gear. However I'm starting again, I used to have a Hugo 2, but I can't afford it right now so I'm considering the mojo and poly. But what I read on here daily does not fill me with confidence, there is just so much faffing around for a device that costs a £1000. I would be using a memory card or my LgV30 or Note 9. Maybe I have missed something but does it all just work right out the box?
Thanks
Tichy
To start with you could use Mojo and connect to your phone via OTG if the features required are primarily SD card usage and if Tidal/Qubuz etc are also needed these will play via apps like UAPP or BubbleUPNP.

With the GoFigure app, set up is relatively straightforward. Once set up, choices will be down to what app you use to playback material. I personally use M.A.L.P for Android for my SD card playback and BubbleUPNP for streaming
The issues experienced initially, especially for Android users were, for some, not having an app like GoFigure to configure the device, this is now available as a Beta and has eased the setting for some (OK: for me at least). The only problems I have are usually down to my phone and connection ie Hotspot not turned on and not the Poly.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2018 at 11:34 AM Post #10,855 of 18,757
Hi @Matt Bartlett - any news on a beta update? The first release has been out a while now.
Hi @Gr8h8m,
No I don't have an update yet but we are working on it. We wanted to leave it for a few weeks to get as much feedback as possible from everyone.
Last week we collated all the results to work on a further update.
As soon as I have something further I will let everyone know.

Sep 13, 2018 at 8:13 AM Post #10,857 of 18,757
Anyone could help me? I just bought a ipad and download gofigure. Gofigure can setup the poly but can use the quick play as i do not have playlist. I use iTunes to create one to test. It can see the playlist name but not the songs. How to go about it?

I had download the beta of gofigure for android but i cannot connect to poly while my ipad is very easy. Wonder what is the issue?

It seems that i always need to turn on Bluetooth to connect gofigure(ipad) to poly then i can setup like hotspot for poly or use DLNA. The gofigure will ask for me to on bluetooth to connect.

Currently, i am able to configure to use home network to use on poly and using ipad to control by 8player app. Sesam and Glider cannot work.

I want to use poly on the go for listening to sd card in poly. Currently, i setup poly on hotspot and use my android phone to access through sesam and Hi-Fi Cast. This setup work but what other method to use for on the go without the need for poly on hotspot?

Sep 13, 2018 at 12:14 PM Post #10,858 of 18,757
rq1111 reply from the Tech-Team, hth.

from Chord Tech-Team: To create a playlist that you can launch in Gofigure using the ‘quickplay’ function, you must use an MPD application such as GLIDER or MPDLUXE. These applications allow you to view the content on the SD card in an MPD format and then create a playlist. Once you have created a playlist this will then appear in the Gofigure application under ‘Quickplay’. iTunes only allows online content or the content stored on the iPad to be viewed and controlled, this is why you are unable to create a playlist using this application as it must be stored on the SD card in this scenario.

Please ensure that the bluetooth of your android device is engaged and that the device is running android 7.0 or above. If its below 7.0 you may have trouble finding Polys and operating the application currently.

Gofigure uses BLE (bluetooth low energy/lite edition) to connect with your Poly, this is why the bluetooth connection must be engaged on your control device to operate or view a Poly.

Your alternative options to Polys own Hotstpot mode are:

Polys bluetooth audio connection.

Your control devices (phone) own ‘tethering mode’ or ‘hotspot’. You can connect Poly to this network much the same as you do with your Home wifi network whilst at home.
This is very similar to using Polys own ‘hotspot mode’, however you would still have access to the internet via your phones mobile data connection unlike when using Polys ‘hotspot mode’.

Sep 14, 2018 at 12:11 AM Post #10,859 of 18,757
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, forgive me if not.

Is there a specific serial number of poly I should watch out for? For example model numbers after 022 are better?

What's the best place to buy a poly?

Should I wait for blackfriday ?

Thanks a bunch in advance.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2018 at 5:06 AM Post #10,860 of 18,757
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, forgive me if not...

firstly, you're in the right place to ask any questions about Poly so you don't require forgiveness, in reply:-

Is there a specific serial number of poly I should watch out for?... only on the one you own, if you decide to purchase.

For example model numbers after 022 are better?... the higher numbers are better solely because they would be brand-new.

What's the best place to buy a poly?... from a 'Chord Electronics' Dealer, it's the only place to buy a Poly.

Should I wait for blackfriday ?... it would make no difference if it was Blue-Monday or Black-Friday the price you pay would be the same.

Thanks a bunch in advance... no problemo, happy to help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back