Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Sep 17, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #10,877 of 18,821
To start with you could use Mojo and connect to your phone via OTG if the features required are primarily SD card usage and if Tidal/Qubuz etc are also needed these will play via apps like UAPP or BubbleUPNP.

With the GoFigure app, set up is relatively straightforward. Once set up, choices will be down to what app you use to playback material. I personally use M.A.L.P for Android for my SD card playback and BubbleUPNP for streaming
The issues experienced initially, especially for Android users were, for some, not having an app like GoFigure to configure the device, this is now available as a Beta and has eased the setting for some (OK: for me at least). The only problems I have are usually down to my phone and connection ie Hotspot not turned on and not the Poly.
[QUOTE="masterpfa, post: 14474320, member:

Thank you for the reply, much appreciated. I am still a bit confused and I apologize if the solutions/answers are so obvious.
I have purchased a mojo now. Just waiting to convince myself to purchase Poly. (In the meantime the Shangling M0 will do). So I have to turn on Bluetooth and also connect poly to my Data if I'm out and about? So does it it requires up my data?
I read the following but I got even more confused..[Gofigure uses BLE (bluetooth low energy/lite edition) to connect with your Poly, this is why the bluetooth connection must be engaged on your control device to operate or view a Poly.

Your alternative options to Polys own Hotstpot mode are:

Polys bluetooth audio connection.

Your control devices (phone) own ‘tethering mode’ or ‘hotspot’. You can connect Poly to this network much the same as you do with your Home wifi network whilst at home. ]

And what is M.A.L.P? I tried to get Google it.

Sep 17, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #10,878 of 18,821
Sep 17, 2018 at 9:40 PM Post #10,879 of 18,821
Note 8 stopped connecting to Poly again about a week ago. Doubt I'll bother with GoFigure again until next update - too frustrating!
I picked up an AQ drangonfly red for on the go. It's not as good of sound with SE846s if I have a super quiet room, but for trains and office it is more portable and sounds nice.

Has anyone come up with a solution to poly dropping roon connection/needing reboot when a roon remote starts on iPad or Android? I don't have the same issue with my Rpi based box at all.

Sep 18, 2018 at 3:36 AM Post #10,880 of 18,821
I just received my new Poly. The first night did not end well. The microsd-card got stuck in the tray after the first insertion. When I removed the four screws, tilt the chassis lightly while pushing the card it ejected. Since I'm at work now I don't have much tinkering time but would releasing the screws just a bit be a solution?

Sep 18, 2018 at 4:39 AM Post #10,881 of 18,821
I just received my new Poly. The first night did not end well. The microsd-card got stuck in the tray after the first insertion. When I removed the four screws, tilt the chassis lightly while pushing the card it ejected. Since I'm at work now I don't have much tinkering time but would releasing the screws just a bit be a solution?
If it's brand new I think the solution would be to exchange it for one that is A-OK out of the box.

Sep 18, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #10,883 of 18,821

Another member a while back (can’t seem to find the post) had this problem and backed out the screw (screws?) underneath the card slot and it worked. I would say if it’s a small amount and the screw still seems tightly set, then this would be a fine solution and avoid a delay.

Edit: if fact, this may be all a repair process would result in, anyway. Setting the the screws to the proper torque.

Sep 18, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #10,885 of 18,821
It's in the mail already. I read your post while I was mailing it jarnopp, and Graham is right, it's new, it should work perfectly. I'm going to get a credit and I can buy another one. Yesterday besides those issues it wasn't possible to kick Poly into firmware update. It was in version 1.05 so I couldn't use the dedicated Chord app for updating. Somewhere in the manual I've read that all lights will blink each at a time while updating and that it should start automatically when connected on the network. In a different version of the manual it says there is a link in the WiFi connection of Poly itself for updating to the newest firmware (nowhere to be found in the WiFi settings page of Poly). Because the software evolved the manual clearly didn't. It was frustrating to get everything connected but not seeing the 'automatic firmware update'. Did I do something wrong?

Sep 18, 2018 at 6:24 PM Post #10,886 of 18,821
It's in the mail already. I read your post while I was mailing it jarnopp, and Graham is right, it's new, it should work perfectly. I'm going to get a credit and I can buy another one. Yesterday besides those issues it wasn't possible to kick Poly into firmware update. It was in version 1.05 so I couldn't use the dedicated Chord app for updating. Somewhere in the manual I've read that all lights will blink each at a time while updating and that it should start automatically when connected on the network. In a different version of the manual it says there is a link in the WiFi connection of Poly itself for updating to the newest firmware (nowhere to be found in the WiFi settings page of Poly). Because the software evolved the manual clearly didn't. It was frustrating to get everything connected but not seeing the 'automatic firmware update'. Did I do something wrong?
No you didn't. The update will happen silently, without any indication by lights or other, when it connects to the net. It also won't confirm when its done - you'll just have to reboot and check its firmware number. I think it's a poor process personally - a couple of people have temporarily bricked their units because of an incomplete/borked update.

Sep 18, 2018 at 7:32 PM Post #10,887 of 18,821
No you didn't. The update will happen silently, without any indication by lights or other, when it connects to the net. It also won't confirm when its done - you'll just have to reboot and check its firmware number. I think it's a poor process personally - a couple of people have temporarily bricked their units because of an incomplete/borked update.

Oh dear me, it is for stuff like this I'm a bit hesitant about giving Chord £499 for Poly, and the retail price has only come down by just a few £s. I wonder if there a Poly version 2.0 coming out?

Sep 19, 2018 at 7:12 AM Post #10,888 of 18,821
Oh dear me, it is for stuff like this I'm a bit hesitant about giving Chord £499 for Poly, and the retail price has only come down by just a few £s. I wonder if there a Poly version 2.0 coming out?
There has been no indication of a Poly 2. Recently Chord have been working flat out on preparing the production/launch of MScaler, TT2, Etude, plus finalising the Poly Android app, so I doubt that they have had any time to consider a Poly 2.
Don't be too scared by @Syracuse problems with updates. Part of the issue is that his Poly was running version 1.05 software, and he misunderstood the procedure to update to the current version 1.26 of the firmware. This has confused some posters, but there is a wiki, plus a large community of owners here, such as @Gr8h8m who are happy to help explain things for newbies. There is also Chord Support always willing to help.
Regarding the tight card slot, it is frustrating for him, but I can find only one other instance of a Poly with the same issue on this thread - so it isn't an issue affecting every Poly.

Sep 19, 2018 at 9:08 AM Post #10,889 of 18,821
There has been no indication of a Poly 2. Recently Chord have been working flat out on preparing the production/launch of MScaler, TT2, Etude, plus finalising the Poly Android app, so I doubt that they have had any time to consider a Poly 2.
Don't be too scared by @Syracuse problems with updates. Part of the issue is that his Poly was running version 1.05 software, and he misunderstood the procedure to update to the current version 1.26 of the firmware. This has confused some posters, but there is a wiki, plus a large community of owners here, such as @Gr8h8m who are happy to help explain things for newbies. There is also Chord Support always willing to help.
Regarding the tight card slot, it is frustrating for him, but I can find only one other instance of a Poly with the same issue on this thread - so it isn't an issue affecting every Poly.

Thank you for the reply. Yes @Gr8h8m has been very helpful. I've returned the Shangling M0, it's too small for ones normal sized fingers. I will pull the trigger, but of course I have to convince the wife that it's a necessity . When it arrives I will post again for assistance, thank you once again.

Sep 19, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #10,890 of 18,821
Thank you for the reply. Yes @Gr8h8m has been very helpful. I've returned the Shangling M0, it's too small for ones normal sized fingers. I will pull the trigger, but of course I have to convince the wife that it's a necessity . When it arrives I will post again for assistance, thank you once again.
Cool! It's got its quirks and idiosyncrasies but ultimately the sound makes it all worthwhile imho and the user experience should only get better over time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back