Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Aug 15, 2018 at 7:50 AM Post #10,577 of 19,011
Wow ok. I've not seen that before.
So you don't even get the 30Gb per month that they say you are allowed via tethering?

I get 21gb with mine as it is an old contract I keep rolling because it is cheaper than bringing it 'up to date'. I stream music outside for a good two hours before 8am most mornings so you can see how much I use on a daily basis. I did a check on my listening habits and I read that 1and a half hours of streaming music daily would easily 'eat up' my monthly tethering allowance. I understand Chord cannot make a product just for me but as I said, it is a pity.....for me, that is!

Aug 15, 2018 at 8:38 AM Post #10,578 of 19,011
…. Richer-Sounds all the way for me, great on Customer-Service and very helpful in my experience.

They also offer a 5 year parts and labour warranty for 10% of sale price. For a mobile piece of equipment that’s likely to be in the wars, I think that’s a good bit of insurance.
Abd they also price match and then give £10 or so more if you find cheaper.

If anyone is considering purchasing the Poly or even Poly and Mojo together, in my opinion you should consider Richer Sounds.
Poly includes a free case (subject to availability), mine arrived today.
Poly and Mojo together £799 ( compared to £808 bought separately)

Plus as mentioned above for 10% of price warranty available for 6 years which is refunded if not used after 6 years

Win/Win in my books

Aug 15, 2018 at 8:40 AM Post #10,579 of 19,011
If anyone is considering purchasing the Poly or even Poly and Mojo together, in my opinion you should consider Richer Sounds.

Plus as mentioned above for 10% of price warranty available for 6 years which is refunded if not used after 6 years

Win/Win in my books
I do agree, but note that if you drop or damage the items this is not covered. The only thing that is covered, is the items spontaneously failing.

Aug 15, 2018 at 8:47 AM Post #10,580 of 19,011
deleted

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2018 at 8:50 AM Post #10,581 of 19,011
I do agree, but note that if you drop or damage the items this is not covered. The only thing that is covered, is the items spontaneously failing.
I am aware but something I could have used on equipment I have bought that have gone faulty after manufacturers warranty expired and I am left out of pocket. Doesn't happen often but nice to have either way

Aug 15, 2018 at 10:40 AM Post #10,582 of 19,011
Hi @kdbur,
I'm not sure I understand why you can't use BubbleUPnP. If you have an 'all you can eat data allowance' then you should be able to have virtually unlimited
streaming from Qobuz via BubbleUPnP using your hotspot on your phone. This would also allow for much higher resolution streaming than you can ever get from
Bluetooth. Are you saying that on your phone contract there is a limit or allowance for your hotspot?
Streaming Qobuz via hotspot or Bluetooth should use exactly the same data allowance.

Hey Matt, not who you were responding to, but I gotta say that for different reasons I echo the posters feelings about not supporting apt-x or other better bluetooth codecs. While I dont use qobuz, I do user spotify, and as an android user right now the options are to basically use SBC or nothing. And you guys have told us many times that bluetooth was only ever intended as a backup option, and not really meant for streaming, which I guess is evident by the lack of better codecs. But, in the absence of google cast, at least for spotify, there are just no other real options that arent hacky or require extra apps. Anyways I know that at this point adding support for other codecs might be limited by the hardware, but I just wanted to post this to again push the agenda of getting google cast support. Just want to hear if this is still planned, since it really feels needed to bring feature parity to android users. Sorry, not trying to sound negative, still hyped that gofigure is here and the development is continuing, but just still want to know whats on the horizon and what to expect moving forward.

Aug 15, 2018 at 11:35 AM Post #10,583 of 19,011
Hey Matt, not who you were responding to, but I gotta say that for different reasons I echo the posters feelings about not supporting apt-x or other better bluetooth codecs. While I dont use qobuz, I do user spotify, and as an android user right now the options are to basically use SBC or nothing. And you guys have told us many times that bluetooth was only ever intended as a backup option, and not really meant for streaming, which I guess is evident by the lack of better codecs. But, in the absence of google cast, at least for spotify, there are just no other real options that arent hacky or require extra apps. Anyways I know that at this point adding support for other codecs might be limited by the hardware, but I just wanted to post this to again push the agenda of getting google cast support. Just want to hear if this is still planned, since it really feels needed to bring feature parity to android users. Sorry, not trying to sound negative, still hyped that gofigure is here and the development is continuing, but just still want to know whats on the horizon and what to expect moving forward.

+1 for Google cast support. It would make switching between audio streaming sources (Tidal, high quality internet radio feeds, podcasts etc) pretty seamless, in much the same way as it currently is with iOS and Airplay.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2018 at 1:02 PM Post #10,585 of 19,011
From 3…..''Tethering is allowed on Three's network, but not all plans come with a tethering allowance and there are limits to the amount of data you can share with other devices every month.

I’m pretty sure this policy is to prevent you connecting things like laptops to your Wifi hotspot on your phone and bypassing their 3/4G dongles. You can put the poly into hotspot mode and connect to its WiFi and the stream over 3G (as you would anyway). All you’re changing is the output, from headphones to a wireless speaker.

Even the other way, the poly isn’t streaming data through the phone. The phone pulls the data over the air and then passes it over to the poly.

Both would be transparent to the network.

It might be worth checking with them about their definition of tethering.

Aug 15, 2018 at 1:27 PM Post #10,586 of 19,011
It has been updated but M.A.L.P still doesn't index them we are investigating why. It's not as high on our priority list as you can still play DSD and mp3 files and it isn't a case of them not playing at all. Getting Android Gofigure prepared and out is a much higher priority.

I took a look at the MPD decoder plugins that poly returns using the "decoders" command. I don't see "decoder: plugin: mad" being returned and I think this is what is required to do the mp3 file indexing.

It looks like you are using "decoder: plugin: mpg123" instead for mp3 support and I'm not sure this will index.

Worth checking out at least.

Aug 15, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #10,587 of 19,011
I took a look at the MPD decoder plugins that poly returns using the "decoders" command. I don't see "decoder: plugin: mad" being returned and I think this is what is required to do the mp3 file indexing.

It looks like you are using "decoder: plugin: mpg123" instead for mp3 support and I'm not sure this will index.

Worth checking out at least.
interesting feedback. :slight_smile:

Aug 15, 2018 at 3:02 PM Post #10,588 of 19,011

Win/Win in my books

Even better, don’t pay schiit and use your home insurance instead, most home insurance policies come with some type of accidental cover for items that are under a couple of grand. If not, phone them up and get them to add it to the policy.

If the broken item is more than the excess, its a win, until next year where they will hammer you for actually using it for its intended purpose, getting new schiit for free.

Aug 15, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #10,589 of 19,011
If the broken item is more than the excess, its a win, until next year where they will hammer you for actually using it for its intended purpose, getting new schiit for free.

you could always get 'Gadget Insurance' that way it wouldn't affect your home-insurance come renewal, link: https://uk.protectyourbubble.com/gadget-insurance, I've used this for my Walkman's.

Aug 15, 2018 at 3:22 PM Post #10,590 of 19,011

I can't give you an agenda for Google Cast but it is still being looked at. The behind the scenes work being done for Android Gofigure and the next firmware update will define what we do next.
We're just collating the data so far from the beta testing to make some changes - on that note thanks to everyone that has responded so far and filled in the online spreadsheet.

Can I just put another call out to anyone that hasn't managed to give feedback yet to fill in the form if they can. I really don't have that many comments yet given the number of invites I've sent out
and I would really like to collect as much data as I can - so if you can help I would appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back