Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Aug 16, 2018 at 12:07 PM Post #10,606 of 18,741
So are you saying it makes no difference what volume level you set?
Does moving your headphone cable away from Poly or using the other headphone port on Mojo make any difference
and you definitely don't get the same problem if you use Mojo on it's own?

Aug 16, 2018 at 12:10 PM Post #10,607 of 18,741
It's hard to give you an answer as I don't know what's in your 'chain' and what could be causing your static problem... yet again I would recommend getting in touch with your Dealer, at least you'll be able to demonstrate the problems you're hearing/having first hand and get advice.

I would imagine that one of the points of the poly was to eliminate pretty much everything from the chain, so the chain is mojo->poly, and then everything else is wireless at that point. I even switched over to hotspot mode on the poly and could still hear it. It really just sounds like there is some interference from the radios that is getting picked up intermittently as static. Am I the only one hearing it? I would much prefer not to rma it, since it would be the second time... first was for a problem that still happens, though apparently might just be by design. So before I run off to try and get a replacement, I am trying to find out if there is something else going on, or if this is just normal behavior for this, as disappointing as that would be.

Aug 16, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #10,608 of 18,741
So are you saying it makes no difference what volume level you set?
Does moving your headphone cable away from Poly or using the other headphone port on Mojo make any difference
and you definitely don't get the same problem if you use Mojo on it's own?

I have tried angling the cable away from the mojo and I still am hearing it, moving to the other port doesnt eliminate it. I havent used the mojo by itself in a while (and dont have the needed cables right now), but unplugging the poly definitely eliminates any static I am hearing.

Again, I want to be completely clear, its really really minor and intermittent, and when music is playing its mostly not an issue. But its definitely there, and I am pretty sure its from the poly, not the mojo. I remember very clearly what the rf interference on the mojo itself sounded like when I would use it plugged directly into my phone, and this is not that.

Aug 16, 2018 at 1:36 PM Post #10,610 of 18,741
33D17D6A-3F36-434D-B8A5-3B02C28E5040.png Hi all, I progress with mojo poly but still
anable to use my iPhone as personal hotspot. In go figure I add it as network, enter SSID ( iPhonejml) and good password but never get any signal. Any idea? Thank you

Aug 16, 2018 at 1:49 PM Post #10,611 of 18,741
Hi all, I progress with mojo poly but still
anable to use my iPhone as personal hotspot. In go figure I add it as network, enter SSID ( iPhonejml) and good password but never get any signal. Any idea? Thank you

Never used it in that way. Just always stuck with iphone connecting to Poly's own WiFi in Hotspot configuration in hybrid mode. It takes only a few minutes to set up really.

Aug 16, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #10,612 of 18,741
If I have understood in using the iPhone as a network you can use the 4G to stream through poly when you are not connected to any other network.

Aug 16, 2018 at 2:24 PM Post #10,613 of 18,741
If I have understood in using the iPhone as a network you can use the 4G to stream through poly when you are not connected to any other network.

Yes you can, even while connected to Poly's own WiFi Hotspot. Just gotta make sure your connection to Poly is in "hybrid mode" then you can stream anything through your 4G or LTE and render audio through Mojo.

Aug 16, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #10,614 of 18,741
I have tried angling the cable away from the mojo and I still am hearing it, moving to the other port doesnt eliminate it. I havent used the mojo by itself in a while (and dont have the needed cables right now), but unplugging the poly definitely eliminates any static I am hearing.

Again, I want to be completely clear, its really really minor and intermittent, and when music is playing its mostly not an issue. But its definitely there, and I am pretty sure its from the poly, not the mojo. I remember very clearly what the rf interference on the mojo itself sounded like when I would use it plugged directly into my phone, and this is not that.

I think the volume issue is one I’ve seen on the iPhone and is, I think, to do with volume adjustment in the digital domain.

When my iPhone is connected to the poly, whether anything is playing or not, I get static thorough my IEMs. Not loud, not constant, but there. When I turn the iPhone volume up to full I get a “click” through the headphones as the last bar fills and then silence. Moving the volume up and down causes the “click” each way and switches between noise and no noise. The noise seems intermittent, but once you’ve heard without it, it’s there all the time.

Again, this is on an iPhone so may not be your issue. Someone else here confirmed exactly the same behaviour.

Aug 16, 2018 at 2:29 PM Post #10,615 of 18,741
Hi all, I progress with mojo poly but still

I use it this way but I do it differently. Turn the iPhone hotspot on and let the poly search for it. Delete it from the poly first.

Then at least you’ll know it sees it. Once it challenges for the password you’ll know you can connect. If it fails there it’s an authentication issue.

One thought, do you have special characters in your ssid (not from what you said) or your hotspot password? If you do, try also taking them out.

Aug 16, 2018 at 2:34 PM Post #10,616 of 18,741
Yes you can, even while connected to Poly's own WiFi Hotspot. Just gotta make sure your connection to Poly is in "hybrid mode" then you can stream anything through your 4G or LTE and render audio through Mojo.
Hi what is the hybrid mode, I know the hotspot and the network mode, what about the hybrid one? Thank you

Aug 16, 2018 at 2:40 PM Post #10,617 of 18,741
I use it this way but I do it differently. Turn the iPhone hotspot on and let the poly search for it. Delete it from the poly first.

Then at least you’ll know it sees it. Once it challenges for the password you’ll know you can connect. If it fails there it’s an authentication issue.

One thought, do you have special characters in your ssid (not from what you said) or your hotspot password? If you do, try also taking them out.
Hi, no special characters on SSID or password. When I turn the iPhone hotspot mode the poly never find it that’s the reason I entered it myself. Will try again right now

Aug 16, 2018 at 2:40 PM Post #10,618 of 18,741
I think the volume issue is one I’ve seen on the iPhone and is, I think, to do with volume adjustment in the digital domain.

When my iPhone is connected to the poly, whether anything is playing or not, I get static thorough my IEMs. Not loud, not constant, but there. When I turn the iPhone volume up to full I get a “click” through the headphones as the last bar fills and then silence. Moving the volume up and down causes the “click” each way and switches between noise and no noise. The noise seems intermittent, but once you’ve heard without it, it’s there all the time.

Again, this is on an iPhone so may not be your issue. Someone else here confirmed exactly the same behaviour.

So when I use the poly, I have the dlna volume at max. Are you talking about just maxing out the media volume of your phone even though that media volume doesnt control the poly's volume at all? I do not use an iphone, but on my android phone, I have separate volumes that can be controlled independently for media, dlna/casting, bluetooth audio, ringtones, and probably more. I always max out volume of the stream that is going to the poly, so I would assume its not that.

I also notice that the static noise seems to become more apparent or at least shows up when I am performing an operation that uses the poly, such as browsing the media library or selecting songs. It just sounds to me like interference from the electrical components of the poly bleeding through into the audio output.

And yes, as you say, its minor, it doesnt happen all the time, but once you hear it, its noticeable and hard not to hear it when it shows up. Again, playing music at volume hides it, but quieter portions of songs and when doing nothing, its there and noticeable. I wouldnt normally make a big deal out of it... and obviously havent up until this point, but on a piece of equipment that combined is 1100+ dollars, I would just expect the audio experience to be pristine, regardless of what other issues there may be.

Aug 16, 2018 at 2:57 PM Post #10,620 of 18,741
Hi what is the hybrid mode, I know the hotspot and the network mode, what about the hybrid one? Thank you
Let me explain then.
Connect to Poly Wifi Hotspot with your iphone.
Navigate to WiFi settings on your iphone
Tap on a circled ! next to Poly Wifi
Scroll down to IPV4 Address section and memorize the IP Address that is given to your Poly ( mine is 192.168.1.3 )
Tap on Configure IP and change it from Automatic to Manual
Then fill the blanks with IP address you've just had ( 192.168.1. X )
Subnet Mask is always 255.255.255.0
Leave router field EMPTY

That is it. Under correct settings your Poly Wifi connection should say ( No Internet Connection in Orange ) under it. Which means you'll be using your cellular connection for streaming or whatever else needs internet while rendering all audio through Poly. Just switch your audio output to Poly under audio device settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back