Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Aug 15, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #10,592 of 18,752
I can't give you an agenda for Google Cast but it is still being looked at. The behind the scenes work being done for Android Gofigure and the next firmware update will define what we do next.
We're just collating the data so far from the beta testing to make some changes - on that note thanks to everyone that has responded so far and filled in the online spreadsheet.

Can I just put another call out to anyone that hasn't managed to give feedback yet to fill in the form if they can. I really don't have that many comments yet given the number of invites I've sent out
and I would really like to collect as much data as I can - so if you can help I would appreciate it.

Glad its still being looked at. I understand about no dates or timeframes. But as I said, I am glad its still on the radar as I think its an important component of the poly experience that android users are missing out on.

I left some feedback after I first downloaded the beta, but will try and get some more head time with the poly over the next day or two to see if there is anything else I can offer and leave feedback on.

Aug 15, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #10,593 of 18,752
I took a look at the MPD decoder plugins that poly returns using the "decoders" command. I don't see "decoder: plugin: mad" being returned and I think this is what is required to do the mp3 file indexing.

It looks like you are using "decoder: plugin: mpg123" instead for mp3 support and I'm not sure this will index.

Worth checking out at least.

Thanks @rbackhouse I will definitely check this out - that's really useful.

Aug 15, 2018 at 3:27 PM Post #10,594 of 18,752
Glad its still being looked at. I understand about no dates or timeframes. But as I said, I am glad its still on the radar as I think its an important component of the poly experience that android users are missing out on.

I left some feedback after I first downloaded the beta, but will try and get some more head time with the poly over the next day or two to see if there is anything else I can offer and leave feedback on.

Thanks. Any feedback would be great. Fill in the form as many times as you like.

Aug 15, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #10,595 of 18,752
Aug 16, 2018 at 1:43 AM Post #10,596 of 18,752
If you get home insurance for this purpose - be sure to check that it covers mobile items - as there’s a difference between cover for stationary items like tv and stereo and mobile tec.

Aug 16, 2018 at 8:43 AM Post #10,597 of 18,752
So I was doing some testing tonight to check out gofigure a bit more, and am noticing that I am actually hearing a decent amount of static and other noise that sounds like interference. Its not all the time, and its not that bad, but in quieter portions of songs or when switching songs I can definitely hear it (when it does pop up, intermittently). I cant quite figure out what the cause is, and it definitely sounds different than the interference I would hear sometimes when using mojo via usb from my phone. Not sure if its my home network thats the issue, or if its because I am and was charging it (I have since unplugged it, and still can hear it, though maybe not as much).

I dont recall hearing it as much when using it at work through my phones hotspot. Honestly my poly usage hasnt been too high lately, so it hasnt really come up as an issue before, so I am just wondering the best way to minimize it.

Aug 16, 2018 at 9:46 AM Post #10,598 of 18,752
Afternoon all.
Do any other forum members have a Pixel 2XL running Android 9.0 Pie and are having difficulties in connecting via Bluetooth

The GoFigure app works and I can detect and connect to the Poly this way, but if I want to play something via Bluetooth I am unable to detect the Poly to pair.
No problems with my One Plus 3, tablet or Onkyo DP-X1

Also while I am at it. When I want to change the app playing my media, ie M.A.L.P to BubbleUPNP I can only get this to work, so far, by rebooting Mojo/Poly then trying the other app

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2018 at 11:06 AM Post #10,599 of 18,752
So I was doing some testing tonight to check out gofigure a bit more, and am noticing that I am actually hearing a decent amount of static and other noise that sounds like interference. Its not all the time, and its not that bad, but in quieter portions of songs or when switching songs I can definitely hear it (when it does pop up, intermittently). I cant quite figure out what the cause is, and it definitely sounds different than the interference I would hear sometimes when using mojo via usb from my phone. Not sure if its my home network thats the issue, or if its because I am and was charging it (I have since unplugged it, and still can hear it, though maybe not as much).

I dont recall hearing it as much when using it at work through my phones hotspot. Honestly my poly usage hasnt been too high lately, so it hasnt really come up as an issue before, so I am just wondering the best way to minimize it.

regarding the static (& other noises), you may have 'particles of dust' or a greasy finger print on the SD-Card and this will cause interference (think CD & marks on disc), probably not the best answer but it's worth checking your SD-Card in the first instance (also check and clean cable contact points)… if things persist get in touch with your Chord Dealer and seek advice.

Aug 16, 2018 at 11:16 AM Post #10,600 of 18,752
regarding the static (& other noises), you may have 'particles of dust' or a greasy finger print on the SD-Card and this will cause interference (think CD & marks on disc), probably not the best answer but it's worth checking your SD-Card in the first instance (also check and clean cable contact points)… if things persist get in touch with your Chord Dealer and seek advice.

While I cant be sure, its almost definitely not that. It sounds much more like some kind of wireless interference. And doing certain things seems to trigger it much more, like changing wifi networks in gofigure. Its relatively minor, but its definitely noticeable, and as I said, seemed to happen much more on my home network than I recall it happening while using it at work through my phones hotspot. And its different than the RF interference that would normally show up just on the mojo. I am not sure if this is really a warranty or replacement type issue, since its intermittent and doesnt seem to happen all the time. Just wasnt sure if there were any tips or tricks to using this that could dimish or reduce the noise/interference.

Aug 16, 2018 at 11:26 AM Post #10,601 of 18,752
While I cant be sure, its almost definitely not that. It sounds much more like some kind of wireless interference. And doing certain things seems to trigger it much more, like changing wifi networks in gofigure. Its relatively minor, but its definitely noticeable, and as I said, seemed to happen much more on my home network than I recall it happening while using it at work through my phones hotspot. And its different than the RF interference that would normally show up just on the mojo. I am not sure if this is really a warranty or replacement type issue, since its intermittent and doesnt seem to happen all the time. Just wasnt sure if there were any tips or tricks to using this that could dimish or reduce the noise/interference.

Check the volume control on the software you are using for playback. Sometimes if this is not set to maximum this can cause noise.

Aug 16, 2018 at 11:32 AM Post #10,602 of 18,752
Aug 16, 2018 at 11:36 AM Post #10,603 of 18,752
Aug 16, 2018 at 11:54 AM Post #10,604 of 18,752
Check the volume control on the software you are using for playback. Sometimes if this is not set to maximum this can cause noise.

Definitely not a volume issue, as I can hear it when nothing is playing too. And I am definitely hearing it when using my phone hotspot here at work too (as opposed to just on my home wifi). Its not constant, and its not very loud, when music is playing I usually cant hear it, but during quieter passages if it happens, I can hear it. Its really not that bad overall, just at this level of product (and price) I would expect a silent noise floor with no interference. And I have noticed it in the past, but if I am going to use this more, its going to bug me.

Aug 16, 2018 at 12:03 PM Post #10,605 of 18,752
And I have noticed it in the past, but if I am going to use this more, its going to bug me.

It's hard to give you an answer as I don't know what's in your 'chain' and what could be causing your static problem... yet again I would recommend getting in touch with your Dealer, at least you'll be able to demonstrate the problems you're hearing/having first hand and get advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back