Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Aug 5, 2018 at 4:20 PM Post #10,396 of 18,757
Aug 5, 2018 at 4:54 PM Post #10,397 of 18,757
Yes, Matt. I'm in contact with support. Thank you for the help so far!

I thought of posting here since some people seem to have the same problem as I have and maybe someone had a solution.

My Roon Core is on ethernet and has been running without disconnecting for over a few months now.

It's Poly disconnecting when opening or closing the Roon remote app on Android or iPad even though the app is still open in the background. All my other endpoints remain visible in the Roon remote app.

I'm currently awaiting a reply from support as over on the Roon forum in a thread about this problem Mitch Duce said that it is a known problem and that they are in contact with Roon.
I agree that the first 'port of call' should be Chord support.
However if they cannot reproduce the conditions/bug, then it makes sense to introduce a 'second line of attack' which is to post the details here, or on the roon thread, etc. That greatly increases the chances of success.
I believe that if we all collaborate together to support Chord, then most difficult to reproduce issues will be solvable. :slight_smile:

Aug 5, 2018 at 11:43 PM Post #10,398 of 18,757
Hi All, I just bought the Poly and trying to setup the SD card for playback.

When I inserted the SD card, I can see both renderer and server from the BubbleUpnp player. However, when I click on the media, I couldn't find any folders or songs in it.

Is it I need to wait for the library to rebuild or I'm missing something to get it work correctly?

Aug 6, 2018 at 2:34 AM Post #10,399 of 18,757
Hi All, I just bought the Poly and trying to setup the SD card for playback.

When I inserted the SD card, I can see both renderer and server from the BubbleUpnp player. However, when I click on the media, I couldn't find any folders or songs in it.

Is it I need to wait for the library to rebuild or I'm missing something to get it work correctly?
In go figure, use the settings to ‘refresh Dlna database’ or similarly titled.
You should see the poly lights go into disco mode.

Aug 6, 2018 at 4:03 AM Post #10,404 of 18,757
Hi there folks,

not really knowing what's happened to my Poly/Mojo but the thing is that I configured last Friday GoFigure with no hassles (taking into account that we're in a beta version) in my Android 8.0.0 smartphone and was initially able to play music through it. Now a couple of days after that I've tried again through Bubble UPnP or AK Connect apps, they don't recognize my Poly although it's connected to my smartphone through its wifi hotspot. Tried uninstalling and installing again GoFigure but with no success. The Poly is connected to the smartphone's hotspot but cannot be used through any player... Currently GoFigure uninstalled :triportsad:

Have already posted the issue to Chord through their Google docs response form.

Aug 6, 2018 at 5:13 AM Post #10,405 of 18,757
Hi there folks,

not really knowing what's happened to my Poly/Mojo but the thing is that I configured last Friday GoFigure with no hassles (taking into account that we're in a beta version) in my Android 8.0.0 smartphone and was initially able to play music through it. Now a couple of days after that I've tried again through Bubble UPnP or AK Connect apps, they don't recognize my Poly although it's connected to my smartphone through its wifi hotspot. Tried uninstalling and installing again GoFigure but with no success. The Poly is connected to the smartphone's hotspot but cannot be used through any player... Currently GoFigure uninstalled :triportsad:

Make sure poly is well charged, it can appear to be on the network but doesn’t play if it’s low on juice I’ve found.
So, reboot, disconnect from mojo, let blue lights go out, then start to charger using a quality charger plugged into the wall.

Aug 6, 2018 at 5:38 AM Post #10,406 of 18,757
Make sure poly is well charged, it can appear to be on the network but doesn’t play if it’s low on juice I’ve found.
So, reboot, disconnect from mojo, let blue lights go out, then start to charger using a quality charger plugged into the wall.

Thanks ZappaMan for your answer but the point is that the Mojo//Poly have been fully charged tonight. How can I reboot (or reset) my Poly/Mojo?

Cheers.

Aug 6, 2018 at 7:04 AM Post #10,407 of 18,757
Hi there folks,

Hi @casper3127,
I don't think that installing Gofigure would have broken the DLNA music playback functionality of Poly but just to be sure can you check a couple of things?
The first is to make sure that you are not in Airplane mode or Roon Ready mode by mistake. You will be able to see these in the Gofigure app.
Try toggling them on and off to make sure.
The next step is to see if you can play music through Poly using Bluetooth or using the Quickplay function built into Gofigure.
If you still don't get anywhere ping an email over to info@chordelectronics.co.uk where we can follow up with more support.

Matt

Aug 6, 2018 at 7:40 AM Post #10,408 of 18,757
Hi @casper3127,
I don't think that installing Gofigure would have broken the DLNA music playback functionality of Poly but just to be sure can you check a couple of things?
The first is to make sure that you are not in Airplane mode or Roon Ready mode by mistake. You will be able to see these in the Gofigure app.
Try toggling them on and off to make sure.
The next step is to see if you can play music through Poly using Bluetooth or using the Quickplay function built into Gofigure.
If you still don't get anywhere ping an email over to info@chordelectronics.co.uk where we can follow up with more support.

Matt

Hi Matt,

installed once again the GoFigure App and you were right, My Poly was in ROON mode. :deadhorse: Changed it and working again as expected.

Just in case... Is there any way to reset or manually reboot the Poly?

Thank you so much for your help. :beerchug:

Aug 6, 2018 at 7:50 AM Post #10,409 of 18,757
Hi Matt,

installed once again the GoFigure App and you were right, My Poly was in ROON mode. :deadhorse: Changed it and working again as expected.

Just in case... Is there any way to reset or manually reboot the Poly?

Thank you so much for your help. :beerchug:

No problem. Glad I could help.

Yes you can perform a factory reset through Gofigure - device settings or you can manually do it using the pin tool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back