Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Aug 4, 2018 at 9:11 PM Post #10,381 of 18,775
Rather than trying to talk to the poly through random bluetooth implementations maybe you could set up the poly to listen for the file transfer protocol (not ftp) over bluetooth and have android send the file that has basic authentication information, then have poly send a reply file back to the phone, a 32KB file or something that has all the information it needs for gofigure to operate. Then rather than resyncing over and over, just have the user decide when to "refresh". This would solve the headaches of dealing with individual bluetooth stacks since file transfer is a standard? I'm no engineer just trying to look at it from a layman's standpoint.

Aug 5, 2018 at 2:28 AM Post #10,382 of 18,775
I have not checked all the thread and probably the question has already been asked: what is the bigger SD card we can use with poly: 256 giga? Bigger? Thank you

Aug 5, 2018 at 3:13 AM Post #10,383 of 18,775
I have not checked all the thread and probably the question has already been asked: what is the bigger SD card we can use with poly: 256 giga? Bigger? Thank you
I use a 400gb class 10 card, this one. I don’t think there is a limit as such.

SanDisk Ultra 400GB microSDXC Memory Card + SD Adapter with A1 App Performance up to 100MB/s, Class 10, U1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B074RNRM2B/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_PwcAZK6r1IPzc

It’s worth getting a good brand as the cheap ones are flakey, myself and others have reported this.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2018 at 3:25 AM Post #10,384 of 18,775
Aug 5, 2018 at 3:31 AM Post #10,385 of 18,775
33236B77-480F-4821-9F08-B60E7CC8F2E0.png
The same is available on Amazon fr for less if that’s help.

Aug 5, 2018 at 3:52 AM Post #10,386 of 18,775
The limit is 2Tb, which is the same as the maximum card size in the SD card standard.
However this is a bit theoretical because cards that size are currently not on sale to the general public, so posters can only advise on the SD cards currently available, which are typically 400 Gb or 512 Gb, depending how much you want to spend.

Aug 5, 2018 at 3:59 AM Post #10,387 of 18,775
The limit is 2Tb, which is the same as the maximum card size in the SD card standard.
However this is a bit theoretical because cards that size are currently not on sale to the general public, so posters can only advise on the SD cards currently available, which are typically 400 Gb or 512 Gb, depending how much you want to spend.
I will go for 400GB, the 512 are actually too expensive compared to the 400GB and it will be enough.........for the moment.

Aug 5, 2018 at 5:05 AM Post #10,388 of 18,775
Flawlessly! I have yet to find the smallest issue, all works perfectly! Roon (lifetime account), Android Bubbleupnp, MALP, MPD control. Tidal sharing to Bubble also no issue. Roon also works in both Poly mods, Roon ready and Everything else. Not the smallest interruption or clip. I also tested the app on my wife's iPad mini. I use a TP-link router tl-wdr3600 with all my devices assigned to fixed IPs, none of them changes. Also I use an Airport Express for extending the network. No issues. I have 1GB internet connection. My Roon core is installed on an old Acer laptop. I stream to Polly from other PCs or from my Androids as remote points. Please ask if you have questions or ideas to experiment with my setup! I will post this info on Head-fi also. Thank you!

Aug 5, 2018 at 5:14 AM Post #10,389 of 18,775
Flawlessly! I have yet to find the smallest issue, all works perfectly! Roon (lifetime account), Android Bubbleupnp, MALP, MPD control. Tidal sharing to Bubble also no issue. Roon also works in both Poly mods, Roon ready and Everything else. Not the smallest interruption or clip. I also tested the app on my wife's iPad mini. I use a TP-link router tl-wdr3600 with all my devices assigned to fixed IPs, none of them changes. Also I use an Airport Express for extending the network. No issues. I have 1GB internet connection. My Roon core is installed on an old Acer laptop. I stream to Polly from other PCs or from my Androids as remote points. Please ask if you have questions or ideas to experiment with my setup! I will post this info on Head-fi also. Thank you!

Lucky you.

I've still got lots of interruptions with Poly and Roon both with an Android and iPad remote when closing or opening the Roon remote app on my phone or tablet.

Does your router send both WiFi signals, 2.4G and 5G and to which one are your Roon remotes connected?

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2018 at 5:15 AM Post #10,390 of 18,775
This was my feedback to Chord, I use most of the time a Galaxy Note 5 with Android 7.0!! And a Huawei P10 lite Android 8.0.0
I have tried everything I could to find issues. None to this point. In the past I had my Poly frozen just one time after the release of the iOS app. My Mojo is an old one, bought way before Polly came along. I might have been lucky enough, though I had my share of issues (light pipe displaced from the start, fixed myself, replaced with optical fiber on both holes; slight misaligned mojoploy, less than 0.5 mm on vertical plan, tried to fix it by screws possition, never succeeded)

Aug 5, 2018 at 5:18 AM Post #10,391 of 18,775
Lucky you.

I've still got lots of interruptions with Poly and Roon both with an Android and iPad remote when closing or opening the Roon remote app on my phone or tablet.

Does your router send both WiFi signals, 2.4G and 5G and to which one are your Roon remotes and Poly connected?
Yes, both wifi signals but on the core laptop I switched off wifi and forced it to Ethernet cable for speed reasons in other applications, like teamviewer

Aug 5, 2018 at 3:10 PM Post #10,393 of 18,775
Lucky you.

Does your router send both WiFi signals, 2.4G and 5G and to which one are your Roon remotes connected?

Hi @didge70 - have we been working with you via our support email as well?
At the moment we cannot repeat the behaviour you are seeing with a variety of routers, laptops and remote devices.
It must be caused by extra network traffic when the Roon remote is scanning for devices or connecting/disconnecting it's communication with the core.
I agree with @Andreeas1978 putting your Roon core on an Ethernet cable connection would be a good test.

Aug 5, 2018 at 3:43 PM Post #10,394 of 18,775
Hi @didge70 - have we been working with you via our support email as well?
At the moment we cannot repeat the behaviour you are seeing with a variety of routers, laptops and remote devices.
It must be caused by extra network traffic when the Roon remote is scanning for devices or connecting/disconnecting it's communication with the core.
I agree with @Andreeas1978 putting your Roon core on an Ethernet cable connection would be a good test.

Yes, @matt. I'm in contact with support. Thank you for the help so far!

I thought of posting here since some people seem to have the same problem as I have and maybe someone had a solution.

My Roon Core is on ethernet and has been running without disconnecting for over a few months now.

It's Poly disconnecting when opening or closing the Roon remote app on Android or iPad even though the app is still open in the background. All my other endpoints remain visible in the Roon remote app.

I'm currently awaiting a reply from Chord support as over on the Roon forum in a thread (started by someone else) about this problem, Mitch Duce said that it is a known problem and that they are in contact with Roon.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2018 at 4:08 PM Post #10,395 of 18,775
I can't even get my Poly online any more, to update the firmware before trying the Android beta. Currently on 1.0.17. I can get into the configuration page, but it will not connect via wi-fi since I (foolishly) decided to forget the previous setting and re-enter the router's details. Can confirm no special characters in the SSID.

When Poly reboots, the status indicator flashes blue continuously. Any tips?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back