Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jul 14, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #10,141 of 18,896
I can show you the startup screen.

I’ve been testing the ios update for a couple of weeks now, John gave me his permission to shut you lot up and to tell you, he chose me to share the new features..

The update does bring some new and great features to poly.

We can now play direct from the sd card, no need to stream to phone and then back again to poly, it now supports airplay 2, it has a built in playlist editor and, it will also stop automatically choosing the strongest wifi signal.

We can also now choose which one to connect to and it has a reconnect option that if the signal is dropped, it will automatically try and reconnect upto 5 times, to the dropped signal and only that signal, also the option to hide ssid has been added.

Quick play is the one which has been updated big time, it now works/looks much like glider/8player, meaning you can see directories and sub directories and chose which folder/album you want to play, along with the playlist editor, it really brings gofigure right upto date and in competition with other audio player apps.

It also has tidal intergration, it wasnt fully working on my version, but I am led to believe that the bugs are being worked on, it did work but it at times would say song not found, reminds me of roon.

Also, I am not particulary keen on this but, it also has youtube intergration. Presumably for music videos ? it works but I didnt use that feature much, just a couple of times.

There is also some bug fixes and some other small changes which you will all like, one in particular is great, but thats for release day.

The user face has changed slightly, it was white and had red accents, but since england lost, its now a greeny black colour.

Holy crap. That is one serious update!

Airplay2 and quickplay improvements are huge. Can’t wait!

Exciting stuff!

Jul 14, 2018 at 1:43 PM Post #10,142 of 18,896
I hope this is all true. Hopefully not just some prankster pulling our legs!!!

What makes me doubtful is that Chord’s priority is certainly getting GoFigure out the gate for Android users. Going by the pace of development, what was listed earlier would probably take Chord’s consultants years to put in place.

Still, I hope that I am completely wrong in thinking this.

Jul 14, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #10,143 of 18,896
I hope this is all true. Hopefully not just some prankster pulling our legs!!!

What makes me doubtful is that Chord’s priority is certainly getting GoFigure out the gate for Android users. Going by the pace of development, what was listed earlier would probably take Chord’s consultants years to put in place.

Still, I hope that I am completely wrong in thinking this.
I have had a few PMs recently with @Phuca , and I believe that he is being honest, when he posted about his beta testing, and the forthcoming updates.

Jul 14, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #10,144 of 18,896
With sw dev, you never know. I’ve seen software devs estimate years for something that gets done in weeks or months (e.g. back in ‘99, network switch manufacturer juniper networks estimated 2-3 years for some log output format compatibility, and then released format compatibility a month later in a surprise release as new junos was able to incorporate a new type of parser unexpectedly). I’ve seen software devs do the opposite (e.g. back in 2006, shoretel enterprise voip system manufacturer promised unicode platform wide compatibility by 2007 Q1. By 2016, it still wasn’t available platform wide).

If a frequently posting member of head-fi says he’s been beta testing new gofigure, and these features which i imagined were low priority for chord are in the new version, i’ll choose to be less doubtful. If a new member who wasn’t an employee of chord said it, i might think....troll/prank. Phuca has been pretty active and non-troll-y to date, at least from what i’ve seen.

Jul 14, 2018 at 3:30 PM Post #10,145 of 18,896
I have had a few PMs recently with @Phuca , and I believe that he is being honest, when he posted about his beta testing, and the forthcoming updates.

Yeah, I did wonder whether he was pulling our leg, but given frustrations on both sides such humour would seem entirely inappropriate at this juncture. Suffice to say, it will have been worth the wait should this come to pass, and Chord can be rightly proud as they will have taken a giant step towards realising the potential of their product. Fingers crossed.

Jul 14, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #10,146 of 18,896
I'm excited to get the android app. My button only poly broke. Well it works but I have to insert a paperclip and bend it upwards so it hits the butten. I change modes like 4-6 times a day I'm worried it'll break. I missed it when I just held the button one time and it spoke all the menus. Now I gotta press it 5-6 times each time I change modes. That's like 20-24 times I press it each day. I'm gonna send it back for a button fix and hopefully by the time I receive it back the app will be available. I want to preserve my poly as best I can. It's amazing!

Jul 14, 2018 at 4:12 PM Post #10,147 of 18,896
Would I do such a thing to my hommies ?

Its got youtube.

Jul 14, 2018 at 4:14 PM Post #10,148 of 18,896
I'm excited to get the android app. My button only poly broke. Well it works but I have to insert a paperclip and bend it upwards so it hits the butten. I change modes like 4-6 times a day I'm worried it'll break. I missed it when I just held the button one time and it spoke all the menus. Now I gotta press it 5-6 times each time I change modes. That's like 20-24 times I press it each day. I'm gonna send it back for a button fix and hopefully by the time I receive it back the app will be available. I want to preserve my poly as best I can. It's amazing!
I feel your pain

Jul 15, 2018 at 2:40 AM Post #10,149 of 18,896
Those new features to GoFigure and finally a version for us Android users sound great. Will definitely take the PolyMojo to a next level.
I think operating the Poly now is a bit of a hassle but for a small portable unit the sound quality and engagement it brings to the music is just outstanding.

Jul 15, 2018 at 6:40 AM Post #10,152 of 18,896
Apologies - my belief has turned out to be wrong.

Okay, some of it did sound too good to be true: playlist/playback functionality at least on the level of a portable DAP, for example.

I did indeed find it strange why a beta tester was giving us the details, instead of one of Chord's own staff. However, I was willing to believe anything at this stage.

More fool me, I guess.

Phuca, I choose to believe you thought we would be laughing with you; you misjudged the mood, I'm afraid.

Jul 15, 2018 at 7:35 AM Post #10,154 of 18,896
Okay, some of it did sound too good to be true: playlist/playback functionality at least on the level of a portable DAP, for example.

I did indeed find it strange why a beta tester was giving us the details, instead of one of Chord's own staff. However, I was willing to believe anything at this stage.

More fool me, I guess.

Phuca, I choose to believe you thought we would be laughing with you; you misjudged the mood, I'm afraid.

Avoid assigning motive: The language you followed reveals a different motive.

You project your own goodwill and honesty, but for discernment, try to cast it aside while reading a post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back