Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jul 12, 2018 at 11:03 AM Post #10,082 of 18,774
Can't argue that it's been a shambles really. A beta was due about a month ago but so far nada. And that date was a delayed after claiming the app would be delivered 6 weeks after the IOS version. And the wait for that IOS version was torturously delayed time & time again.
I do wish that Chord, just once, would under promise and over deliver. The Mojo/Poly combo has been my first Chord purchase and the whole experience if I'm honest with myself has been one of frustration. Along with the lack of GoFigure they've been informed months ago of bugs to their MPD & networking implementations without any fix.
Don't get me wrong, it sounds sublime (which is the only reason I haven't taken it back so far) but the lack of pace of development of this Beta product has tested my patience to the max.

It is a shambles. And so is Chord's after sales support for this product in Canada. I damaged the plastic cowling on the Poly and returned it to the retailer for repair on 16th March. It remains unrepaired (although functioning) almost four months later and the whereabouts of the replacement part appears to be still unkown some six weeks after Chord and Bluebird's (NA distributor) direct engagement with me. Both Chord and Bluebird have acknowledged and apologised for the atrocious service but still the issue remains unresolved.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #10,086 of 18,774
I noticed that when in Hot Spot mode I can hear some background noise. When in Roon mode it is dead quiet. Has anyone else notice this?

Poly>Mojo>Hot Spot>Iphone 7>8Player>Senn IE-800s

Try turning the iPhone volume up full and the poly down accordingly. I found that when the iPhone was doing volume limiting in the digital domain, it was adding background noise. I was able to determine a definite "click" between full and full-but-one on the iPhone.
This was confirmed by another forum member as well.

Jul 12, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #10,087 of 18,774
I'm pretty much using my MojoPoly as a home device now. It's not as portable as I would have liked, it's a little too big to be pocket sized. I'd be ok with that but the Airplay functionality just isn't good enough. I put poly into hotspot hybrid mode and airplay content from my iPhone to it while commuting to work. The interference and dropouts I get are enough to make me revert back to the Apple dongle/dac. Yes, MojoPoly sounds better and, yes, I'm probably using it as an external DAC rather than an interface-less DAP, but that's what I need.

I don't level all my issues with Chord, that would be unfair. I think there are some bugs with Airplay: if it looses connection it doesn't properly disconnect meaning you have to reboot the poly to clear the "hanging" connection, and there are issues with the way that either the iPhone or the Poly are scanned, or search for and connect to wireless networks. When in busy areas, in wifi terms, I get much more interference than when sitting in my garden, for example. I'd like to see Airplay 2 implemented in the Poly, and I'd like a way to hide the SSID so that others don't scan it when nearby. I don't want that as a security feature, it's to stop the ad-hoc scans from other devices that I believe add to the noise. If those happen and it improves things, I'll think about taking the poly out of the house again.

Jul 12, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #10,088 of 18,774
I'm pretty much using my MojoPoly as a home device now. It's not as portable as I would have liked, it's a little too big to be pocket sized. I'd be ok with that but the Airplay functionality just isn't good enough. I put poly into hotspot hybrid mode and airplay content from my iPhone to it while commuting to work. The interference and dropouts I get are enough to make me revert back to the Apple dongle/dac. Yes, MojoPoly sounds better and, yes, I'm probably using it as an external DAC rather than an interface-less DAP, but that's what I need.

I don't level all my issues with Chord, that would be unfair. I think there are some bugs with Airplay: if it looses connection it doesn't properly disconnect meaning you have to reboot the poly to clear the "hanging" connection, and there are issues with the way that either the iPhone or the Poly are scanned, or search for and connect to wireless networks. When in busy areas, in wifi terms, I get much more interference than when sitting in my garden, for example. I'd like to see Airplay 2 implemented in the Poly, and I'd like a way to hide the SSID so that others don't scan it when nearby. I don't want that as a security feature, it's to stop the ad-hoc scans from other devices that I believe add to the noise. If those happen and it improves things, I'll think about taking the poly out of the house again.

Everytime I see your name, for some reason I instinctively read it as Corn Radish.

It reminds me of a dude on another forum, his name I read as herpes, but its not, its like harphes or something.

It weird what the subconcious mind does.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 12, 2018 at 2:51 PM Post #10,089 of 18,774

Why not use the iPhone in hotspot mode. I do that and never have drop outs or any interference. I think the sound quality is better too. I must be lucky but the poly has been playing flawlessly like this.

Jul 12, 2018 at 3:47 PM Post #10,090 of 18,774
I agree with your sentiments about portability. The ChordPoly is fine when moving it from A to B (Home to Office, say), but too heavy/ too cumbersome to operate when trying to listen on the move, particularly with an Android phone. For that, I bought a Radsone ES100 which, while not in the same league as the PolyMojo, musically handles Bluetooth AptX HD/ LDAC with considerable aplomb.

Jul 12, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #10,091 of 18,774
Everytime I see your name, for some reason I instinctively read it as Corn Radish.

It reminds me of a dude on another forum, his name I read as herpes, but its not, its like harphes or something.

It weird what the subconcious mind does.

Err, thanks?

Why not use the iPhone in hotspot mode. I do that and never have drop outs or any interference. I think the sound quality is better too. I must be lucky but the poly has been playing flawlessly like this.

Interesting. I did try that once but I didn't have a lot of luck with it, I don't remember why. I never went back to it as I thought the Poly hotspot "works". I think I figured it wouldn't matter which way around it was. I'll try it again, thanks for the reminder.

Jul 12, 2018 at 6:24 PM Post #10,092 of 18,774
How do you get Roon to recognise music on the SD card from the Poly?

And when does the Poly get certified by Roon by the way?

Jul 12, 2018 at 7:08 PM Post #10,093 of 18,774
It is a shambles. And so is Chord's after sales support for this product in Canada. I damaged the plastic cowling on the Poly and returned it to the retailer for repair on 16th March. It remains unrepaired (although functioning) almost four months later and the whereabouts of the replacement part appears to be still unkown some six weeks after Chord and Bluebird's (NA distributor) direct engagement with me. Both Chord and Bluebird have acknowledged and apologised for the atrocious service but still the issue remains unresolved.

I have tried to remain as patient and respectful as possible whilst viewing this thread, but the delay is getting a little ridiculous now. I don't think I've ever experienced a product launching with such a gap between the physical release and official app (Android). My major concern is that, by the time a first pass at the app is available, Chord will be ready to launch a new product line, and will have little incentive to keep working on the Poly. I hope I am just being paranoid, but so far my experience has gone from one of satisfaction (Mojo) to profound disappointment (Poly).

Jul 12, 2018 at 10:21 PM Post #10,094 of 18,774
How do you get Roon to recognise music on the SD card from the Poly?

I am pretty sure all your music has to be on the core. Of course the Poly/Mojo makes a great end point. BTW - I like your choice of headphones and DACs. I have the Utopias as well along with Senn IE800 and IE800s HD650. I find the mojo has trouble with the Utopia and 650. Do you find a large difference between the Dave and HUGO? I keep going to my TT and the Utopias for serious listening rather than my Hugo 2.

And when does the Poly get certified by Roon by the way?

Jul 12, 2018 at 10:35 PM Post #10,095 of 18,774
Err, thanks?

Interesting. I did try that once but I didn't have a lot of luck with it, I don't remember why. I never went back to it as I thought the Poly hotspot "works". I think I figured it wouldn't matter which way around it was. I'll try it again, thanks for the reminder.

I wasn’t meaning it in a bad way, just when I am scrolling through posts and I get a quick millisecond glimpse of your user name, I don’t know why, but that millisecond glimpse registers Corn Radish.

I don’t mean anything by it, just merely stating what happens.

Mind you, now I come to think of it, it could be my undiagnosed dslyaiex that’s to blame.

Anyway, no harm intended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back