Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jun 10, 2018 at 1:24 PM Post #9,917 of 18,772
Cheers, Jeremy!

Yes, status quo. I do want to say, for me, that means Poly works very well for my use cases: Roon mode at home, iPhone hybrid hot spot when at work, and Poly hotspot when I’m on a plane or have no internet. I get occasional drop outs, but overall it’s better than a cable connection and phone interference.

I will say that GoFigure helps a lot, but overall, I feel Poly’s design was “too clever by half”as they say. A simple on/off switch and a 3 position slider (Roon/hotspot/DLNA) for mode would have been far easier in retrospect.

I hope the Android version is released soon to bring joy to the rest of the Poly users.
I’m always looking for your wiki link to post when people ask questions ... you live on!

Jun 10, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #9,918 of 18,772
This was Dapper app for Mac which can auto create playlists
@joe28 can fill you in on Glider functionality.

I’m sad to see it’s basically status quo here, but happy I made the right choice for me and enjoying my music on the new Dap.

Hey Jeremy

Can I ask which DAP you went with?

I’m also making the jump from Poly and looking at different options. I’d be really interested in what you decided to go with!

Cheers!

Jun 10, 2018 at 11:55 PM Post #9,919 of 18,772
Cheers, Jeremy!

Yes, status quo. I do want to say, for me, that means Poly works very well for my use cases: Roon mode at home, iPhone hybrid hot spot when at work, and Poly hotspot when I’m on a plane or have no internet. I get occasional drop outs, but overall it’s better than a cable connection and phone interference.

I will say that GoFigure helps a lot, but overall, I feel Poly’s design was “too clever by half”as they say. A simple on/off switch and a 3 position slider (Roon/hotspot/DLNA) for mode would have been far easier in retrospect.

I hope the Android version is released soon to bring joy to the rest of the Poly users.

Agreed that an on/off switch would have been good. Only as I find a slow drop in battery power over just a few days of inactivity. The GoFigure makes all the difference. Well at least for us on iOS... Android clearly not 6 weeks after iOS!

Jun 11, 2018 at 8:56 AM Post #9,922 of 18,772
New Mojo/Poly owner here. I thought I'd post my experiences of setup and early usage.

Setup

After doing the 6 hour charge the first hurdle was discovering my Wifi Password was too long. Using the manual config I was able to get connected to my router after reducing the length of the password.
Next hurdle was realizing that updating the firmware to the latest available was incremental. What worked for me was to alternate between poly hotspot mode and WiFi mode using the poly hotspot mode to check the firmware level.
What also helped for me was to use my routers admin ui to monitor the wifi connection of the poly. I was able to see the duration it was connected and could see when it had rebooted after installing an update.

With the latest firmware version installed I was then able to use the GoFigure App from then on.

Usage

After plugging in a micro sd card with music I tried listening via MPD in wifi mode. Sadly the stuttering was so bad it was not really usable in this mode. Reading up on this suggest that the wifi scanning of networks could be the culprit. I do have quite a few other wifi networks that broadcast quite strongly around me. Perhaps a simple fix would be for the GoFigure App to provide an option of turning off WiFi scanning.

Moving over to using the ploy in hotspot mode worked far better. Really no stuttering at all.

MPD Client

I'm an iOS user and also the creator of MPDjs (sorry a bit biased there :))

MPDjs seems to work pretty well. It was able to discover the poly in both WiFi and hotspot mode, although I have seen the ip address misreported a few times. Manually adding a connection worked too for both modes. In hotspot mode you can just use 192.168.1.1 for the ipaddress and 6600 for the port.

Creating MPD Playlists

MPDjs supports creating playlists from the currently loaded queue. Its not really ideal for creating lots of playlists though.

Someone early suggested creating a playlist from each available album found. This is actually not that hard to do and I have spent some time experimenting with this in MPDjs. Sadly it appears that the actual playlist UI in the GoFigure Quickplay mode is really quite flacky when the number of playlists is quite large. In the testing I did I had 370 playlists and the Quickplay UI misreported them most of the time or just took forever to load them. It would either just spin for a long time or only showed a subset of about 10. Also without the ability to filter the list it's not really usable when large volume of playlists are found.

Hopefully Chord will improve the performance/reliability/filtering of the playlist UI in quickplay mode and this can be a viable option.

Jun 12, 2018 at 6:14 AM Post #9,926 of 18,772
Hi to all, how long does it take for the Mojo + Poly to charge (both or separately), which is the best way to do it? Usb-c from a 2016 MacBook Pro is not enough apparently (I've asked Chord).
And how many play time do you have at best? I've heard 6+ at best... If you have some tips... Thanks

Jun 12, 2018 at 9:03 AM Post #9,927 of 18,772
Hi to all, how long does it take for the Mojo + Poly to charge (both or separately), which is the best way to do it? Usb-c from a 2016 MacBook Pro is not enough apparently (I've asked Chord).
And how many play time do you have at best? I've heard 6+ at best... If you have some tips... Thanks
The first post may answer many of your questions and hopefully start getting you up to speed.

Jun 12, 2018 at 10:25 AM Post #9,928 of 18,772
The first post may answer many of your questions and hopefully start getting you up to speed.

Do you mean Chord’s spec.? Lol

I have the Mojo + poly too and I’m wondering if the 8h charge is normal, or the 6+ battery life (which is supposed to be around 9...).

If some of you can share some tips to optimize battery life, or to have quicker speed charge, it would be helpful. I’ve read already a lot of post about this device.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2018 at 10:31 AM Post #9,929 of 18,772

Users who are viewing this thread

Back