Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
May 20, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #9,601 of 18,773
It is rather simple but has to be constructed right otherwise no luck playing anything.

Open up a simple txt document and start typing track filenames.(ext) on each new line. If you place them in a folder write (foldername) / (trackname.ext)
Make sure its / not \
Finally save that file with m3u extension
Also keep playlists in a root directory of your sd card.
Go to you general settings in Gofigure and see if it is showing playlists as discoverable.
Then fire up QuickPlay
Using notepad would be a very slow and error prone approach - but good if you had an interest in the file format of a playlist file :)

May 20, 2018 at 5:17 PM Post #9,602 of 18,773
Using notepad would be a very slow and error prone approach - but good if you had an interest in the file format of a playlist file :)

I also tried to use JRiver for creating rather long playlists and then edit those playlists into the right format Gofigure can read.

May 20, 2018 at 6:38 PM Post #9,603 of 18,773
I use cantata on pc, you should search the thread for ‘mac’ or ‘wiki’ as there’s a wiki with playlist tools mentioned.
It is rather simple but has to be constructed right otherwise no luck playing anything.

Open up a simple txt document and start typing track filenames.(ext) on each new line. If you place them in a folder write (foldername) / (trackname.ext)
Make sure its / not \
Finally save that file with m3u extension
Also keep playlists in a root directory of your sd card.
Go to you general settings in Gofigure and see if it is showing playlists as discoverable.
Then fire up QuickPlay
QP results in the cleanest sound signature MojoPoly can produce so far.

Thanks. I figured out how to do what I want (more or less) using MALP on Android, wasn't quite as intuitive as I'd hoped. Thankfully my work phone is an apple so I could confirm that GoFigure could recognize what I'd created. Hopefully GoFigure for Android will arrive before I go on holiday in September... :wink::laughing:

May 21, 2018 at 3:56 AM Post #9,605 of 18,773
https://github.com/CDrummond/cantata/releases
Here's the official Cantata link for both PC, Mac and Linux.

The advantage with using Cantata to create playlists is that the file path will be correct when using GoFigure to play from Poly's mSD card.
In Cantata's preferences use the Poly's IP address and 6600 as port number.
The playlist will be written directly ion the mSD card.
@joe28 mentioned that Glider will soon support the import of externally created playlists. Current version of Glider doesn't yet recognise playlists created in Cantata.

May 21, 2018 at 7:47 AM Post #9,606 of 18,773
I know they build with NETWORK use in mind but 1 press for sd card play/pause instead of 3 apps( 1 for connecting, 1 for playlist, 1 for DLNA) would be a great choice.
I dunno how Mojo could be reconfigured like that? Its just a D/A after all. Or were you somehow suggesting using the paperclip on Poly to do this? In any case I just use 1 app for the moment, MALP, and with the caveat of inefficient battery-use (using WiFi to control rather than BLE - which will be sorted once Android GoFigure gets released) it works fine.

May 21, 2018 at 8:37 AM Post #9,608 of 18,773
Have you actually created a playlist, or just copied music files to the sd?

You need to make 1 or more MPD playlists. GoFigure can't play tracks directly.

Install Cantata and connect with it directly to your Poly’s IP address and you will be able to create playlists that are recognised by GoFigure.
The link for Cantata was posted a few pages back.

Now it works perfectly. Thank you very much for your help :)
(I use Cantata and that's perfect).

May 21, 2018 at 9:07 PM Post #9,609 of 18,773
I am sitting here thinking.

It would be cool if we could have something similar to Extreme Ironing, but with Poly instead, take Poly to the extremes

I will start it off, but be careful when doing it, we dont need any injuries.

Took me a while to do these, had to keep safety in mind.

My Extreme Polying is this.

My first one wasnt too extreme, it’s up there but I am taking it slow so that beginners can see how its done and can understand the dangers involved. My danger rating is 2

This one is called the pick up

FFD248AF-EAB4-4174-AC37-96EB663EAA22.jpeg

The next one is pretty advanced, but a beginner should be able to handle this type of extreme polying, it’s slightly more taxing. I give it a danger rating of 5

This one is called M8in

0E123623-3113-44A5-B5DD-11767F8CB404.jpeg

My third extreme Polying picture is only to be tempted by those with experience, the danger rating is 8

I call this one,

The Brick

E55B7838-D834-422E-BF65-CEB73D8BF053.jpeg

Because it’s Bricked.

I was going to attempt the ultimate in extreme polying, The Switch On, but Brick beat me to it.

I am somewhat relieved as the technical abilities needed to achieve the “The Switch On”. are non attainable by any human except Lou Ferrigno.

At this time, it is unknown if Kim Jong Un also possesses these abilities ?

I doubt that Extreme Polying can be taken further ? if it can be, all I say is just be careful and at all times be aware of the dangers involved

Last edited by a moderator:
May 22, 2018 at 3:06 AM Post #9,615 of 18,773
If you have the means, I can highly recommend this pairing. Wow.
PSX_20180522_151314.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back