Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 30, 2018 at 1:56 AM Post #9,287 of 18,896
Haven't been on for a while so I may have missed it if tis has already been asked.
In Gofigure is anyone having tracks repeated when the loop has a line through it, I presume off?
Also tried switching them on or so I think but same happens?
Is there a setting I've missed?

Using quick play of playlists made in Glider. Or is it something in Glider I've missed?
I have similar issues with playlist created with glider and played through the gofigure. I think it requires some update either from Glider or from Gofigure...

Apr 30, 2018 at 2:25 AM Post #9,288 of 18,896
Glider may be great, but I'd once again recommend @Olegl 's instructions using Cantata.

I know someone else mentioned Dapper worked super great (I haven't tried it), but a number of people seem to be having some fits and starts using playlist creation features in Glider. For many, seems to be working great.

But I haven't noticed anyone using Cantata have issues with it (at least, I haven't seen any).

It really is very cool, seems similar to Glider in that it loads the actual contents of the SD Card, and you make playlists from it (on your computer, instead of an iOS device). Making the playlists from a desktop or laptop is a lot easier.

Also, I don't know what the pathname is like when a playlist is created using Glider, might be the same, but either way, when i opened Cantata made playlists in a text editor, it is using hard pathnames from root level. It doesn't start from the volume name, but maybe that's not necessary since there's only one volume.

When i was creating them manually, I tried relative pathnames, volume based pathnames, and had some iffy results in the beginning. Absolute pathnames, starting with the root directory's first folder seem to work the most consistently.

So, skipping the volume or root directory itself, the absolute pathname starts with the first folder in the root directory...

When you create the playlist in Cantata, it looks like this:
Screen Shot 2018-04-29 at 23.17.55.png

And what it does is create the pathname from the folder inside the root folder. So if the directory path is like this:
Screen Shot 2018-04-29 at 23.16.24.png

...then the text file (.m3u) pathnames are formatted like this:
Screen Shot 2018-04-29 at 23.16.01.png

@Olegl 's post has the detailed instructions, and really saved me from shelving the Poly for another month. The Poly has been quite usable since I saw his (or her? Not sure, don't mean to offend either way) instructions.

I don't know why the text files show the duplicates the way it does. But whatever. it works.

Apr 30, 2018 at 3:04 AM Post #9,289 of 18,896
Have people been happy with their polys in regards to using the sd card via Bluetooth controls using Gofigure? Working well?
I have been unable to use the Poly to play SD cards because of small gaps / dropouts about every ten seconds using Quickplay. I’m on the latest firmware and putting the Poly in Airplane mode didn’t help. I have not tried using it to play by streaming over Bluetooth. On the other hand, it’s performed perfectly using it to play over AirPlay with the Poly in hotspot mode and using the iPhone hybrid mode trick.

Apr 30, 2018 at 5:08 AM Post #9,290 of 18,896
Hi Jean,
Ok let me know what answers you get.
Although I know it does not help you I have a slightly older Samsung smart TV and I also have the Samsung S6 phone and I don't have any issues with Bluetooth.
This morning , i have updated the firmware of my Samsung Galaxy S8.
Samsung reports: the new firmware has been improoved about bluetooth.

It is thrue.
Now my S8 works perfectly with the Poly bluetooth audio.

My suggestion for owner: If your smartphone Samsung works not perfectly with Poly:
You can report it and Samsung will correct the situation.

Edit : The firmware of the A8 has been corrected too.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2018 at 8:17 AM Post #9,291 of 18,896
Have people been happy with their polys in regards to using the sd card via Bluetooth controls using Gofigure? Working well?

I find it great. The only issue is the 6 second hiccup you get with each track which appears to be related to the Wi-Fi scan that Poly does. I activate airplane mode** and that goes away, it's behaved perfectly allowing for that since gofigure came out. I use one or two playlists on shuffle and have it thus for the commute to work and back home again. Battery life is better on Poly and phone as I deactivate Wi-Fi on both.

The 6 second interrupt has been reported to Chord.

** Note airplane mode needs to be activated or reactivated each startup as Poly presumably starts up with wifi activated and needs a command from gofigure to be deactivated. So even if you have it set to airplane mode already then if you hear the clicks every 6 seconds turn airplane mode off & on again.

Apr 30, 2018 at 9:46 AM Post #9,292 of 18,896
Glider may be great, but I'd once again recommend @Olegl 's instructions using Cantata.

I know someone else mentioned Dapper worked super great (I haven't tried it), but a number of people seem to be having some fits and starts using playlist creation features in Glider. For many, seems to be working great.

But I haven't noticed anyone using Cantata have issues with it (at least, I haven't seen any).

It really is very cool, seems similar to Glider in that it loads the actual contents of the SD Card, and you make playlists from it (on your computer, instead of an iOS device). Making the playlists from a desktop or laptop is a lot easier.

Also, I don't know what the pathname is like when a playlist is created using Glider, might be the same, but either way, when i opened Cantata made playlists in a text editor, it is using hard pathnames from root level. It doesn't start from the volume name, but maybe that's not necessary since there's only one volume.

When i was creating them manually, I tried relative pathnames, volume based pathnames, and had some iffy results in the beginning. Absolute pathnames, starting with the root directory's first folder seem to work the most consistently.

So, skipping the volume or root directory itself, the absolute pathname starts with the first folder in the root directory...

When you create the playlist in Cantata, it looks like this:

And what it does is create the pathname from the folder inside the root folder. So if the directory path is like this:

...then the text file (.m3u) pathnames are formatted like this:

@Olegl 's post has the detailed instructions, and really saved me from shelving the Poly for another month. The Poly has been quite usable since I saw his (or her? Not sure, don't mean to offend either way) instructions.

I don't know why the text files show the duplicates the way it does. But whatever. it works.

Hi, thank you.
Is it available and as functional on ios or Android?
I do like to build playlists while I'm away from my PC.

Apr 30, 2018 at 9:56 AM Post #9,293 of 18,896
Damn it! .... I was just settling in get used to Glider and Gofigure now my Poly
appears to have frozen lock solid! ...... I've left it with the "P status" led glowing blue!
No matter what I do, can't connect and can't get it to go out.

Other than this repeated song / playlist issue i posted, I've been enjoying PolyJo.
Bleedin typical, was thinking about getting my tent out for a spot of camping!

I've not been on often lately because all has been going well since receiving my new Poly.
So it's likely I've missed this problem being addressed. ?

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2018 at 10:00 AM Post #9,294 of 18,896
Can’t wait for android gofigure, once it gets released I will then have an excuse to use my old sammy galaxy and strap it to the back of mojo/poly, and add another 200gig of music into the loop.

I hope chord show off 2go in germany a couple weeks from now ?

I want it, will probably buy it so I can be free of wires, but, and their is always a but, I will not be one among the first to buy it, chances are it will work perfectly as it was not done by a third party like poly, but I shall wait until I hear some feedback.

I think 2go is all done by Chord ? If so I am sure it will be flawless on arrival.

Also would love to see a Van Nuys case that covers both hugo2 and 2go, similar to the one hugo2 has now but larger to accomodate 2go, as the one we have really is nice and as far as I can tell, its the best quality case for hugo2, excellent quality leather.

I know their is going to be some sort of walk about man bag for 2go, personally, I think man bags are for dodgers and walking about with one hanging off your shoulder is just asking to be punched in the face and robbed.

People know, that a man walking about with a man bag/case hanging off his shoulder also uses conditioner when washing his hair and plucks his eyebrows before he puts his mascara on :|

I would just like to see a nice black leather case from chord/van nuys with red stitching that encompasses both 2go and hugo2, something subtle.

Apr 30, 2018 at 10:12 AM Post #9,295 of 18,896
Hi, thank you.
Is it available and as functional on ios or Android?
I do like to build playlists while I'm away from my PC.

I don’t think so, not yet anyway.

Glider could change the format for playlists soon, and that might change the inconsistencies that some few folks have had, not sure.

Cantata puts less info in their m3u playlists than is possible, so it works consistently and well, but isn’t very detailed (e.g. duration of song).

Apr 30, 2018 at 10:38 AM Post #9,296 of 18,896
Damn it! .... I was just settling in get used to Glider and Gofigure now my Poly
appears to have frozen lock solid! ...... I've left it with the "P status" led glowing blue!
No matter what I do, can't connect and can't get it to go out.

Other than this repeated song / playlist issue i posted, I've been enjoying PolyJo.
Bleedin typical, was thinking about getting my tent out for a spot of camping!

I've not been on often lately because all has been going well since receiving my new Poly.
So it's likely I've missed this problem being addressed. ?

Several people have experienced this including myself. It appears to be a lockup due to firmware upgrading. Leave your Poly?Mojo turned on and let the battery drain and it should reset itself. Several posts in here address this. Good luck.

Apr 30, 2018 at 11:13 AM Post #9,298 of 18,896
While I consistently want to use the Poly mostly from the SD Card inside the Poly, and wanting BT control in order to save power, I will say that when wanting more control than just quickplay, hotspot hybrid mode works (clunky, but it works). It's a workable option for my old iPhone 6, which I now keep just for the Poly.

Apr 30, 2018 at 11:44 AM Post #9,299 of 18,896
I can safely say the Poly "blue light frozen mode" problem has nothing to do with firmware... it was happening to me prior to the 1.0.26 update, and is still happening with after proper upgrade to 1.0.26.

it's totally random in my experience. in my case i never get a chance to fully discharge as the blue light eventually shuts off on its own with plenty of battery left. when i turn it back on, it works.

May 1, 2018 at 3:12 AM Post #9,300 of 18,896
I reported a gapping during SD card playback earlier approximately every ten seconds. After measuring carefully, it’s really every six seconds. This appears to be the previously reported WiFi scanning problem reported earlier. In hotspot mode, this doesn’t occur, but I get it consistently when I switch to what I thought was airplane mode. But after reading that the Poly may not have really been in airplane mode, I toggled airplane off and on and the gaps disappear. For the first time, I can listen to music perfectly on SD. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back