Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 28, 2018 at 9:26 AM Post #9,271 of 19,116
This second one has worked OK on Roon and MALP on wifi from the begining but on Bubble UPNP, on wifi, has always and still does stop due to the renderer reverting to Local after connecting to Chord Poly for about 5 mins. My guess is this is to do with Poly hunting for the strongest signal. Most annoying.
I have the same experience with Bubble uPnP. I don't know what the issue is (Poly just drops off the network) but it's not to do with hunting for a stronger signal as I only have 2 networks programmed into it (home and phone tethering) and they're never both on at same time. UPnP is unusable at the mo for me, plus it doesn't play gaplessly so I currently just use MALP.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #9,272 of 19,116
It’d be great if the gofigure app’s playlists showed up in alphabetical order.

Still kind of a bummer that i don’t have a lot of playlist management capabilities via bt since 8 player and glider can’t access the sd card via blutooth, but otherwise, not such a bad setup.

Always happy to get such high quality sound (poly’s sd card to mojo) while the poly is in airplane mode. I’m taking the polymojo with me when out and about a lot more now.

Apr 28, 2018 at 4:07 PM Post #9,273 of 19,116
Have one question about GoFigure.

I created my playlists and it all works great at home when I am anyway by default connected to my wifi.
However, when I 'm on the go, I thought that the whole point of using GoFigure is that you could skip connecting to your mobile hotspot to play music from your saved playlists on the SD card. Am I doing something wrong maybe?

Edit: What I mean is that on the go I still need to connect to a network to use the saved playlists.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #9,274 of 19,116

I created my playlists and it all works great at home when I am anyway by default connected to my wifi.
However, when I 'm on the go, I thought that the whole point of using GoFigure is that you could skip connecting to your mobile hotspot to play music from your saved playlists on the SD card. Am I doing something wrong maybe?

Edit: What I mean is that on the go I still need to connect to a network to use the saved playlists.

Yeah, that sounds like the playlist .m3u files have weird pathnames.

What did you use to make the playlist?

Apr 29, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #9,278 of 19,116

Just a heads-up for Apple fans (not a specific issue for Poly; I'm just posting this as a general Apple-user heads-up; nothing more):

www.theregister.co.uk/2018/04/27/apple_cancels_airport/
With my neutral hat on, it is good-going for any product line to last nearly two decades.
A product of its era, but that era has now passed. :slight_smile:

Apr 29, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #9,279 of 19,116
Has anyone used the Apple Watch with poly, in low power mode/airport mode.

I’m wondering, is it the case, that once you have created playlists, you can control which is playing/start/stop through the watch?

Glider cannot be used in ble mode?

Apr 29, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #9,280 of 19,116
Has anyone used the Apple Watch with poly, in low power mode/airport mode.

I’m wondering, is it the case, that once you have created playlists, you can control which is playing/start/stop through the watch?

Glider cannot be used in ble mode?

Glider cannot see the SD Card without WiFi. Neither can 8 Player.

GoFigure is the only app that can access the SD Card via BLE/Bluetooth (only playlists, nothing else).

GoFigure does not have a watch app, so as yet, you cannot control GoFigure QuickPlay's controls through an Apple watch.

Having said that, you should, theoretically, be able to connect to the Poly via BT from the Apple Watch (like you would to any bluetooth headset), and play any music that is stored on the Apple Watch. However, I have tried this numerous times, and no success yet. I am using the Series 2. So maybe the Series 3 can connect. Not sure.

Apr 29, 2018 at 1:52 PM Post #9,281 of 19,116
Glider cannot see the SD Card without WiFi. Neither can 8 Player.

GoFigure is the only app that can access the SD Card via BLE/Bluetooth (only playlists, nothing else).

GoFigure does not have a watch app, so as yet, you cannot control GoFigure QuickPlay's controls through an Apple watch.

Having said that, you should, theoretically, be able to connect to the Poly via BT from the Apple Watch (like you would to any bluetooth headset), and play any music that is stored on the Apple Watch. However, I have tried this numerous times, and no success yet. I am using the Series 2. So maybe the Series 3 can connect. Not sure.
Thanks - very informative!

Apr 29, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #9,282 of 19,116
My Poly is working again. After discharging and recharging the unit all comes back to normal for me and i can use goFigure again.

One big problem i still have is with my new router (Nighthawk X10 R9000). Poly sometimes looses the connection to wlan and i have to mess with the router-software until it comes back and poly connects. In Roon Mode i have Network problems i never had before goFigure. Haven't fully debugged if it's just my new router or poly, but i guess it's with the new router.

Poly seems to be realy picky with all these network-gear.

Apr 29, 2018 at 6:14 PM Post #9,283 of 19,116
My Poly is working again. After discharging and recharging the unit all comes back to normal for me and i can use goFigure again.

One big problem i still have is with my new router (Nighthawk X10 R9000). Poly sometimes looses the connection to wlan and i have to mess with the router-software until it comes back and poly connects. In Roon Mode i have Network problems i never had before goFigure. Haven't fully debugged if it's just my new router or poly, but i guess it's with the new router.

Not only picky, but inconsistent. I have the same router and since the recent updates in firmware Poly connects pretty stably to wi-fi and stays connected (he said with fingers crossed). Keep trying.

Apr 29, 2018 at 6:37 PM Post #9,284 of 19,116

I had the same problem with the Poly staying connected with my Meraki WAP. I tried everything but with Roon could never get through more than a couple of songs before the Poly would disconnect. I finally gave up and bought a Ubiquiti WAP and added it to my network just for the Poly. Now the Poly works much more reliabily. There is something about the WiFi protocol is implemented in the Poly that I’m not smart enough to figure out but it works on some networks and not on others.

Apr 29, 2018 at 7:39 PM Post #9,285 of 19,116
Haven't been on for a while so I may have missed it if tis has already been asked.
In Gofigure is anyone having tracks repeated when the loop has a line through it, I presume off?
Also tried switching them on or so I think but same happens?
Is there a setting I've missed?

Using quick play of playlists made in Glider. Or is it something in Glider I've missed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back