Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
May 2, 2018 at 5:34 PM Post #9,316 of 18,779
What type of earphones/headphones are you using with MoPoly. Have you found any to be better or or worse than others. What seems to be the best impedance for the Mojo DAC to drive?

Last edited:
May 2, 2018 at 6:24 PM Post #9,317 of 18,779
Just to say that other than one Poly freeze, since Gofigure I've been using MojoPoly on my daily commute with glider and its been rock solid.

Was a massive frustration for months but for me at least, its one of the best things I own. Glad I stuck with it :)

May 2, 2018 at 8:17 PM Post #9,318 of 18,779
Playing DSDs worked beautifully for a month until two days ago when I kept getting error 714s. Deleting Glider and reinstalling solved the problem but the error 714 resurfaced again this morning.

Has anyone identified the issue and solution to this? I'm playing DSDs off the SD Card in Poly's hotspot mode.

May 2, 2018 at 8:53 PM Post #9,319 of 18,779
What type of earphones/headphones are you using with MoPoly. Have you found any to be better or or worse than others. What seems to be the best impedance for the Mojo DAC to drive?

Any headphone/IEM with great technical capability that suits your sonic preferences. Mojo’s very low output impedance will not be a factor with the IEM/headphone impedance, and Mojo is rated to drive 8-800 Ohm headphones.

May 2, 2018 at 9:56 PM Post #9,320 of 18,779
you should contact @joe28 who develops Glider... had no issues with 1.9.1 and testing 1.10.0.2 beta now.

@LeeMark - I too have had big issues with the current production version 1.9.1 and have been corresponding with Mitch from Chord for a while. Mitch suggested today that I try 8Player and it worked much better (but no ability to play music stored on my iPhone, just the card). But for smooth, reliable performance, I’ll stick with 8Player for now.

I messaged @joe28 and am sharing the results with him so hopefully I can be back with Glider before long.

May 2, 2018 at 11:11 PM Post #9,321 of 18,779
I wonder if Glider Joe may wish to comment on this.

Still having issues with Glider built playlists playing through GoFigure quick play.

Since Glider uses DLNA to index the files on the SD card, only the network path to the file is known when adding a song to an MPD playlist. Unfortunately this means the Glider-generated playlists will only work properly in GoFigure when listening under the same network conditions that existed when creating the playlist.

We could index the library using MPD to gain access to the SD card file paths, but unfortunately the MPD implementation on the Poly does not provide any song metadata for AIFF, DSF or MP3 files.

May 2, 2018 at 11:20 PM Post #9,322 of 18,779
Playing DSDs worked beautifully for a month until two days ago when I kept getting error 714s. Deleting Glider and reinstalling solved the problem but the error 714 resurfaced again this morning.

Has anyone identified the issue and solution to this? I'm playing DSDs off the SD Card in Poly's hotspot mode.

The 714 error is a UPnP error being returned from Poly's media renderer which translates to "Illegal Mime-Type". This means that for some reason the MPD service on the Poly is either shutting down or Glider thinks the service is inaccessible, causing it to fall back to using UPnP instead (and unfortunately DSD playback on the Poly over UPnP always leads to a 714 error).

Send me a PM if you continue to see this and we can try to debug. Also make sure you're using the latest app store version of Glider since a few related bugs were recently fixed.

May 3, 2018 at 3:00 AM Post #9,324 of 18,779
Considering buying a poly, but wondering if the product got stable after the app was released? And how much data does the phone use when the poly is connected trough hotspot mode?

Yep- working great here. The app made switching play modes on the fly possible too.

Not sure about data consumption, I’m afraid but I would think it’s not much at all.

May 3, 2018 at 4:48 AM Post #9,325 of 18,779
Considering buying a poly, but wondering if the product got stable after the app was released? And how much data does the phone use when the poly is connected trough hotspot mode?

No data should be used, the manual/leaflet for poly mentions it uses no data when connected to your phones hotspot.

Thats if I remember correctly ? It was something along those lines.

Edit:

I didnt want to make two posts in a row so I have just edited my previous post:

Anyway,

I have been wondering this for a while now.

Mojo and hugo2 both share the same cpu, Xilinx Artix 7, but hugo2’s cpu runs twice as fast as mojo’s.

Does anyone know if mojo can be modded to run at the same speed as hugo2 ? Is the speed locked via hardware or just software ?

I presume the reason mojo runs at half speed is 1, battery life and 2, probably to limit the temp and 3, possibly to limit how good the chip is sonically for a specific price point.

Nothing wrong in doing that, especially if it might affect sales for higher priced products.

I am not thinking of doing this, its just that I am curious to see if it has been tried and what the outcome was ?

Was it a case of curiosity killed the mojo, and it ended in tears ? Or........ ?

Last edited by a moderator:
May 3, 2018 at 8:35 AM Post #9,326 of 18,779

Maybe just a quick check for firmware updates over the internet. That should not use much data, unless there actually is a FW update available. @Matt Bartlett could confirm.

May 3, 2018 at 10:23 AM Post #9,327 of 18,779
Hi all,
I have a Mojo that I am using with my Iphone so I would be very interested by the poly
I would use it mainly to read music stored on a sd card in the poly on the go.
Can we say that Poly is now able to stream DSD files or high quality music stored on the micro SD?
If yes, the mode to ne used would be poly hotspot. Is it correct?
Thanks!

May 3, 2018 at 10:54 AM Post #9,328 of 18,779
Can’t wait for android gofigure, once it gets released I will then have an excuse to use my old sammy galaxy and strap it to the back of mojo/poly, and add another 200gig of music into the loop.

Ahw. I was hoping GoFigure was ready for Android. I was just googling and reading this thread to find out if it was OK and working. I found the What HiFi news article of it. https://www.whathifi.com/news/chords-poly-music-streamer-gets-gofigure-set-app

That's a month old, and says it's only on IOS.

I read some horror story that GoFigure, didn't operate running the music off the SD card. Am googling to find out. ... The Poly would be a waste to me if GoFigure didn't make the Poly play music from the sound card. That's because I would not be using the Poly for any other reason that SD card payback.

May 3, 2018 at 11:01 AM Post #9,329 of 18,779
Ahw. I was hoping GoFigure was ready for Android. I was just googling and reading this thread to find out if it was OK and working. I found the What HiFi news article of it. https://www.whathifi.com/news/chords-poly-music-streamer-gets-gofigure-set-app

That's a month old, and says it's only on IOS.

I read some horror story that GoFigure, didn't operate running the music off the SD card. Am googling to find out. ... The Poly would be a waste to me if GoFigure didn't make the Poly play music from the sound card. That's because I would not be using the Poly for any other reason that SD card payback.
It's all on this thread mate - I'd suggest having a long read. Android version is coming - supposed to be in a couple of weeks. GoFigure can play SD files as part of an MPD playlist, but it's not ideal.

May 3, 2018 at 11:13 AM Post #9,330 of 18,779
Yeah I red the thread up until a while ago. When I opened the thread though today, I forgot to hit open 'First Unread'. .. Means I don't have a bookmark where I read up to. No worries. I'll find it, or someone will tell me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back