Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 15, 2018 at 3:10 PM Post #9,001 of 18,896
Can I streaming from Tidal (iPhone) directly to Poly without Roon or else?

Yes.

Start tidal, and start playing a song.

then at the bottom of your iphone/ipad screen, pull up the menu and you should see a play/pause button and the two curved lines at the top right beside that play/pause icon.

Touch those two lines and it will bring up another menu that shows you which outputs can be used, select the one for poly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 15, 2018 at 3:14 PM Post #9,002 of 18,896
You dont see this ?

Have you upgraded to the new firmware Version 1.0.26 ?

if you have firmware that is below .26 , you need to update.

If you have updated to the new firmware and have checked poly’s config page that we used to use when setting up poly with the pin to confirm that you are running 1.0.26, then I would suggest you delete gofigure from your phone/ipad and redownload it from the app store.

Oh, no, I don't.
I'm running on 1.0.26. Maybe this would explain some of my issues.

Anyone know how to a) reinstall a firmware update, or b) factory reset without the button.

53AA65A8-63BE-48CE-88FD-8B00DEBA1162.png

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #9,004 of 18,896
It might just be a problem with gofigure, I would delete it from your phone/ipad and then restart your iphone/ipad.

That may fix it, but if you delete gofigure, restart your phone/ipad before you reinstall it.

I tried to reset my poly with the pin when it locked up, but it didnt work.

The closest to a factory reset would probably be running polys battery down until she shutsdown

Apr 15, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #9,005 of 18,896
It might just be a problem with gofigure, I would delete it from your phone/ipad and then restart your iphone/ipad.

That may fix it, but if you delete gofigure, restart your phone/ipad before you reinstall it.

Thank you for the suggestion, I tried it. Deleted, restarted, reinstalled, re-set-up, still the same. No factory reset option.
I wonder if the firmware update didn't "stick" and so the software isn't getting the proper responses from the device that it's expecting. The last firmware installed itself after a reboot so I don't know that it was installed according to the proper procedures, that's probably the cause. That's why I want to do the factory reset, just to make sure it's right.

Apr 15, 2018 at 4:47 PM Post #9,007 of 18,896
A fast question: there is now an app I can control Poly and update its firmware?

Apr 15, 2018 at 4:55 PM Post #9,008 of 18,896
A fast question: there is now an app I can control Poly and update its firmware?

Yes, its on apple app store, its called gofigure by chord electronics ltd.

Before you can use it you need to update polys firmware to 1.0.26.

The firmware update should happen automatically when poly is connected to your wifi connection, poly needs to be turned on for it to happen.

Apr 15, 2018 at 4:59 PM Post #9,009 of 18,896
What about a pin! Use it to reset Poly!

As far as we are aware it does not have that function.

Hopefully chord will add that to poly when we get further down the road in poly and gofigure’s development.

Apr 15, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #9,010 of 18,896
Hmm... use pin to press and hold config - poly saying-
Mode "press for mode"
Mode "current mode" (Tells you what its current mode is etc)
Mode "enter hotspot mode"
Mode "enter network mode"
Mode "Factory reset"
Your need “factory reset”!

Yes, this don’t work then Poly suspension with out answer, but if it work .... why not...

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2018 at 6:13 PM Post #9,011 of 18,896
To be sincere and clear, I read many opinions about it but, once agan, what happen if i charge full battery mojo and poly and then i plug them on the charger?

Will mojo charge/stay charged from the poly?

Will this behavior ruin the battery?

I ask because if I buy the poly it will stay often connected to my main speakers rig.

Apr 15, 2018 at 7:03 PM Post #9,013 of 18,896
Thank you for the suggestion, I tried it. Deleted, restarted, reinstalled, re-set-up, still the same. No factory reset option.
I wonder if the firmware update didn't "stick" and so the software isn't getting the proper responses from the device that it's expecting. The last firmware installed itself after a reboot so I don't know that it was installed according to the proper procedures, that's probably the cause. That's why I want to do the factory reset, just to make sure it's right.

Are you in Hotspot mode? If so, try other mode and see if the Factory Reset appears.

Apr 15, 2018 at 7:18 PM Post #9,014 of 18,896
To be sincere and clear, I read many opinions about it but, once agan, what happen if i charge full battery mojo and poly and then i plug them on the charger?

Will mojo charge/stay charged from the poly?

Will this behavior ruin the battery?

I ask because if I buy the poly it will stay often connected to my main speakers rig.

Once mojo and poly are charged the charging stops, even if they are still connected to the charger.

Poly however, once she is charged and if she is still connected to the charger, she will stop charging once her battery is full and she will turn on and stay on aslong as she is connected to the charger.

Mojo does not turn on after the battery has been fully charged.

Poly and mojo both have sophisticated power management features, so you shouldnt worry about something happening to them if left on charge.

Saying that, if you are not using mojo/poly and if they are fully charged, I personally would turn the charger off until I was ready to use them again.

I have left both mojo and poly connected to the live charger for days and days without any problems.

Apr 15, 2018 at 7:22 PM Post #9,015 of 18,896
I have ideas- may be factory reset - only for hotspot password reset? No password- no factory reset button?

I used the factory reset option once and what I can remember, I had to configure poly all over again as the name I gave her reverted back to Poly and I had to reinput my wifi details.

I think the factory reset option that we hear with the pin, I think it’s there but only to be used via gofigure.

It did not work for me when my poly locked up and I tried to reset poly via the pin.

That could of been because my poly had totally locked up, maybe it might of worked had my poly been working ok ?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back