Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 15, 2018 at 9:12 PM Post #9,016 of 18,821
Thanks to the tips about Cantata, I was able to get some Quickplay-compatible playlists working. Nice to have shuffle-able playlists! I was getting significant stutter every six seconds using Quickplay with Hi-res files (FLAC 192 or DSD64)—not so bad with FLAC96, but still there. But when I switched to Bluetooth/Airplane mode, the stuttering stopped and playback was fantastic.

Apr 15, 2018 at 9:13 PM Post #9,017 of 18,821
My Poly FW 1.0.26 shows up in Roon as "uncertified." It says, "This device has not been certified by Roon Labs and may not function properly." Seems to play well with Roon. Wondering when Roon will certify the Poly. Can Chord give us an ETA on certification? Anybody know?

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2018 at 9:50 PM Post #9,018 of 18,821
Apr 16, 2018 at 1:53 AM Post #9,019 of 18,821
Thank you everyone for your suggestions.

I tried different modes and still the button doesn’t appear. I also entered a hotspot password and no button.

This revealed another issue, entering a hotspot password still presents an unsecured network that I can connect to without entering a password.

I’m now more convinced that my firmware update isn’t right, although I’m not sure how or quite what that means.

I’ll try the pin tonight.

Apr 16, 2018 at 3:09 AM Post #9,020 of 18,821
Poly and mojo both have sophisticated power management features, so you shouldnt worry about something happening to them if left on charge.

I meant, not only left with the charger plugged, my concern is what happens if I often USE THEM with the charger plugged (when i use them in the main rig).

Apr 16, 2018 at 4:17 AM Post #9,021 of 18,821
I meant, not only left with the charger plugged, my concern is what happens if I often USE THEM with the charger plugged (when i use them in the main rig).
Back in Mojo only days Chord said it was built with this in mind, having a special type of battery and protection system or systems, at least temp protection with auto switch off. It was supposed to be safe and worry free to just leave it always connected and plugged in, "desktop" mode. I think it is still on Mojo thread. Don't know exactly on Poly's case. Please comment!

Apr 16, 2018 at 10:10 AM Post #9,023 of 18,821

Apart from maybe mojo overheating and cutting out, nothing will happen.

As said, they both have excellent power managment features, the only thing that maybe possible is overheating, especially if its in a case and it is charging and playing at the same time, the battery may verywell take a hit, but they can easily be replaced, they are not soldered to the mainboard, its just a plastic connection so its easily changed.

Apr 16, 2018 at 12:08 PM Post #9,024 of 18,821
I think that the "desktop" use it will be OK then.

I have another very important question, the manual states:
"Select ‘playback mode’. If you are using
Roon then you must select ‘Roon mode’, for
everything else select ‘Other’. Then click ‘Save’"

"If you wish to switch between Roon and other you must manually engage this before each session."

This mean that If I want to switch between the "Roon mode" and the "Other" mode I need to put the Poly in hotspot and switch each time?

In other words, I listen Poly as Roon Endpoint, then, I want to stream on it some Tidal (from the iPhone) I need to switch the mode above?

If so It will be a torture.

Apr 16, 2018 at 12:24 PM Post #9,025 of 18,821
From Roon mode to Other, just select them in gofigure.

So say you are using roon to listen to music and you want to now listen to tidal, all you have to do is change the mode in gofigure, from roon to other, its as simple as that.

I would advise you to, close the app that was used for roon, open gofgure or go back to it if it is already opened and them select other.

Closing the roon app before changing to tidal is the crucial part.

Always make sure that when changing modes, always close whatever app you are using to listen to music before you change modes and apps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 16, 2018 at 12:41 PM Post #9,026 of 18,821
My Poly FW 1.0.26 shows up in Roon as "uncertified." It says, "This device has not been certified by Roon Labs and may not function properly." Seems to play well with Roon. Wondering when Roon will certify the Poly. Can Chord give us an ETA on certification? Anybody know?

Likely "next week"(tm)©®

I wonder what is holding up the "certification" process between Chord and the Poly and Roon?

It seems to me that the Chord Poly should show up in Roon as "certified" by now.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2018 at 1:53 PM Post #9,028 of 18,821
Certified won't sound any different. It works fine now even if uncertified. Why should we care?

Roon mode had some issues for me this weekend. Roon and Poly had been working impeccably up to the GoFigure/Poly update. I don't often connect the Poly to the stereo, but when I did this weekend it just kept skipping songs. It would play for a while then skip to the next song giving me a Roon error message about hardware compatibility. Just one album in flac from a redbook CD not high res or anything. I go frustrated and just played the CD and did not spend any more time troubleshooting.

The differences in this instance were, Mojo connected to Poly was playing loud, I was connected to the BAT preamp, and I was in the same room with the router (Orbi). In previous instances when I used headphones, Poly and Roon, in another room I had no issue with Roon and Poly. So I guess what I'm saying is something is up.

Ric

Apr 16, 2018 at 2:48 PM Post #9,030 of 18,821
Certified won't sound any different. It works fine now even if uncertified. Why should we care?

Hi AudioBear. Thanks for the comment. This is what Brian over at Roon said before at their forums:

"Certification is all about finding and fixing....bugs in private before they make it out into the world.
It’s too bad that Chord let this into your hands before it was done with the certification process.
We will follow up with them. Until it’s certified, I’m afraid we’re unable to provide support."

Roon can't provide support unless Poly is certified. I think that is one issue at the moment.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back