Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 15, 2018 at 9:08 AM Post #8,986 of 18,893
Please post a few lines from one of those playlists. I seriously doubt formatting the card will help. Also, are those playlists in the root?

Playlists looks like this
Music/Dire Straits/Brothers in Arms/01 - Dire Straits - So Far Away.flac
Music/Dire Straits/Brothers in Arms/02 - Dire Straits - Money For Nothing.flac

This is the content of the card:

Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms.m3u
Music
Nirvana - Unplugged.m3u
art-cache.tar.gz
dlna-sdfree.dat
files.txt
mpd.db

/Volumes/Music/Music:
Dire Straits
Nirvana

/Volumes/Music/Music/Dire Straits:
Brothers in Arms

/Volumes/Music/Music/Dire Straits/Brothers in Arms:
01 - Dire Straits - So Far Away.flac
02 - Dire Straits - Money For Nothing.flac
03 - Dire Straits - Walk Of Life.flac
04 - Dire Straits - Your Latest Trick.flac
05 - Dire Straits - Why Worry.flac
07 - Dire Straits - The Man's Too Strong.flac
08 - Dire Straits - One World.flac
09 - Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms.flac

/Volumes/Music/Music/Nirvana:
Unplugged

/Volumes/Music/Music/Nirvana/Unplugged:
Nirvana - 01 - About a Girl.wav
Nirvana - 02 - Come as You Are.wav
Nirvana - 03 - Jesus Doesn't Want Me for a Sunbeam.wav
Nirvana - 04 - The Man Who Sold the World.wav
Nirvana - 05 - Pennyroyal Tea.wav
Nirvana - 06 - Dumb.wav
Nirvana - 07 - Polly.wav
Nirvana - 08 - On a Plain.wav
Nirvana - 09 - Something in the Way.wav
Nirvana - 10 - Plateau.wav
Nirvana - 11 - Oh, Me.wav
Nirvana - 12 - Lake of Fire.wav
Nirvana - 13 - All Apologies.wav
Nirvana - 14 - Where Did You Sleep Last Night.wav

Apr 15, 2018 at 9:38 AM Post #8,991 of 18,893
I'm giving up for the day. Playback from SD card won't be my main usage and I've got it working in hotspot hybrid mode and on my local network as a DLNA target.

The fact that I'm getting some strange inconsistencies means that I'd probably like to do a factory reset anyway. Mostly Glider works, but I sometimes get strange and un-repeatable behaviour. Sometimes when I switch from hotspot to network modes the Poly turns off rather than reboots and I have to manually reboot it. Sometimes I reboot it and it comes up in a previous mode. JRiver seems to cache multiple instances of the Poly as a DLNA zone/player, although that might be JRiver rather than the Poly. None of this is consistent though, which makes it really hard to report.

That sounds like a lot, it's not meant to. Overall I'm very, very happy. I've been doing lots of stress testing and switching between applications and settings. That won't be my day-to-day behaviour. I expect to come across far fewer issues when I use it with "normal" behaviour.

Apr 15, 2018 at 11:50 AM Post #8,993 of 18,893
Their is an intrinsic problem with Gofigure’s Quickplay.

For some it work’s, for others, even though they’re playlist is all correct and exact copies of the playlist structure from those whose playlist is working, for some mysterious reason it does not work as expected for them.

Point, Glider see’s and plays all my playlists correctly. Gofigure doesnt see those playlists, at time it does, but the majority of the time it does not.

Also for me, Gofigure quickplay will not play any songs that are in folders, it only plays songs that have individually been copied to the root of the sd card.

The playlist correctly points to those directories, but gofigure does not see them.

Sometimes when I start gofigure and try quickplayer, it might show me some of the playlists that glider and 8player etc, see all the time, the next time it does not.

Maybe it works correctly for some because the playlist they make is being made on a mac ? maybe their is some very slight differences between both ? as for me in windows, whatever I try, gofigure always has problems, e.g not playing albums that are in folders, only playing files that are in the root of the sd card, it sometimes see’s and then does not see playlists.

Their is something that is causing this.

I have, formatted my sd card a few times, I copied my music onto it by dragging into it’s open window, I then make a playlist that works and is seen by everything but gofigure.

I have tried as a test someone elses working playlist that works for them, it was just a couple of songs that we both had, It works for them but not me.

I have deleted gofigure and re downloaded it. The same thing happens.

In my eyes, this is a bug that is for whatever reason not making playlist work properly for some folk but not others.

I wonder if those who are having problems are mainly windows users ?

It would be good if those who are having problems and those who are not having playlist problems, could you state what OS that is being used ? so that we can find out if its just a problem that mainly affects windows users.

I have also factory reset poly via gofigure, incase anyone suggested it, so these problems happen with or without a factory reset.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 15, 2018 at 12:21 PM Post #8,995 of 18,893
Their is an intrinsic problem with Gofigure’s Quickplay.

For some it work’s, for others, even though they’re playlist is all correct and exact copies of the playlist structure from those whose playlist is working, for some mysterious reason it does not work as expected for them.

Point, Glider see’s and plays all my playlists correctly. Gofigure doesnt see those playlists, at time it does, but the majority of the time it does not.

Also for me, Gofigure quickplay will not play any songs that are in folders, it only plays songs that have individually been copied to the root of the sd card.

The playlist correctly points to those directories, but gofigure does not see them.

Sometimes when I start gofigure and try quickplayer, it might show me some of the playlists that glider and 8player etc, see all the time, the next time it does not.

Maybe it works correctly for some because the playlist they make is being made on a mac ? maybe their is some very slight differences between both ? as for me in windows, whatever I try, gofigure always has problems, e.g not playing albums that are in folders, only playing files that are in the root of the sd card, it sometimes see’s and then does not see playlists.

Their is something that is causing this.

I have, formatted my sd card a few times, I copied my music onto it by dragging into it’s open window, I then make a playlist that works and is seen by everything but gofigure.

I have tried as a test someone elses working playlist that works for them, it was just a couple of songs that we both had, It works for them but not me.

I have deleted gofigure and re downloaded it. The same thing happens.

In my eyes, this is a bug that is for whatever reason not making playlist work properly for some folk but not others.

I wonder if those who are having problems are mainly windows users ?

It would be good if those who are having problems and those who are not having playlist problems, could you state what OS that is being used ? so that we can find out if its just a problem that mainly affects windows users.

I have also factory reset poly via gofigure, incase anyone suggested it, so these problems happen with or without a factory reset.

I'm using Mac OS High Sierra (10.13.05 Beta. Love me a beta!).
I also have access to Windows 10 and a non-beta Mac, so I can try those. I'm also going to try having files at different folder depths so /1.mp3, /level1/2.mp3, and /level1/level2/3.mp3 to see if that makes any difference. I've noticed that a couple of my tracks have apostrophes in them (the man's too strong) so I'm going to take that out and see if that helps. Special characters have been reported as an issue before, albeit with the network passwords.

Can someone tell me how to do a factory reset using goFigure? I've been unable to find the option.

Apr 15, 2018 at 12:27 PM Post #8,996 of 18,893
Apr 15, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #8,997 of 18,893
I'm using Mac OS High Sierra (10.13.05 Beta. Love me a beta!).
I also have access to Windows 10 and a non-beta Mac, so I can try those. I'm also going to try having files at different folder depths so /1.mp3, /level1/2.mp3, and /level1/level2/3.mp3 to see if that makes any difference. I've noticed that a couple of my tracks have apostrophes in them (the man's too strong) so I'm going to take that out and see if that helps. Special characters have been reported as an issue before, albeit with the network passwords.

Can someone tell me how to do a factory reset using goFigure? I've been unable to find the option.

In gofigure, at the bottom click on settings, that brings up another page, then select device settings and in there you will see Factory Reset.

Apr 15, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #8,999 of 18,893
Hmm, not for me. I have a field to rename the poly, re-run the wizard, and set the hotspot password. No factory reset.

You dont see this ?

Have you upgraded to the new firmware Version 1.0.26 ?

if you have firmware that is below .26 , you need to update.

If you have updated to the new firmware and have checked poly’s config page that we used to use when setting up poly with the pin to confirm that you are running 1.0.26, then I would suggest you delete gofigure from your phone/ipad and redownload it from the app store.

D7AD0132-EBA5-4DAC-92B6-1FE929E7BDF1.jpeg

310CC4E3-DE98-401A-B87C-3C068E0FBB39.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 15, 2018 at 3:05 PM Post #9,000 of 18,893
Can I streaming from Tidal (iPhone) directly to Poly without Roon or else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back