Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 13, 2018 at 2:14 AM Post #8,926 of 18,790
Reading about frozen Polys and having to wait for the battery to drain are getting me to seriously consider finding myself another pin.

I plan on doing things in the old school until things get sorted out. I am so glad I ended up not changing the Bluetooth code yesterday..

Apr 13, 2018 at 3:11 AM Post #8,927 of 18,790
Reading about frozen Polys and having to wait for the battery to drain are getting me to seriously consider finding myself another pin.

I plan on doing things in the old school until things get sorted out. I am so glad I ended up not changing the Bluetooth code yesterday..

First pin won't work if it is frozen. Second I just switched network mode not changing bluetooth code. This could happen to anyone I guess. Without a physical on/off or reset button really is a pain in this situation

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2018 at 3:20 AM Post #8,928 of 18,790
I just reinstalled Gofigure and Glider. Glider installed fine. I'm getting a solid red in the P status light on the Poly. What does that mean?

Edit- and now solid white and back to red after rebooting. Is this the Poly reading the SD card? It is a small card with ~100 songs.

Hi David,
It sounds like your Poly battery is low. Can you put Mojo/Poly on charge so you get a soild white light for M status and P status.
Leave it like this over night for a full charged. When fully charged the M status will be off and P status will be blue.
If you are still having issues then please email info@chordelectronics.co.uk and we will run through some more steps.

Apr 13, 2018 at 4:53 AM Post #8,929 of 18,790
If it does not already exist (just not publicly known), I would recommend the reset to factory procedure be based on usage of the pin (and/or combination of buttons) on startup. That sort of option can be done during a help support call, unlike a wait till battery drains.

And the firmware should have a download file, add to an sd-card folder to update firmware as well.

Apr 13, 2018 at 5:42 AM Post #8,930 of 18,790
Had a chance to try my out-of-house Mojopoly use case yesterday – listening to music whilst heading up to London for a meeting. Left the Configuration Tool at home. GoFigure worked perfectly. The Mojopoly experience is so so much better now.

Apr 13, 2018 at 6:07 AM Post #8,931 of 18,790
Can anyone help with a fresh problem that I think is connected to the latest update: trying to play Roon local files from my Mac to Poly has always been fine in the past. Now after about 7 seconds on each track I get the message "Roon: An audio file is loading slowly. This may indicate a performance or hardware problem." and it moves to the next track, only to repeat. I've rebooted the router, Poly and the Mac. Still there. Any suggestions please?

Apr 13, 2018 at 6:14 AM Post #8,932 of 18,790
I have been using Poly/Mojo/GoFigure/Glider for a few days with increasing success. Yesterday i added some more music to the exFat 128GB (with plenty of space) SD card. I added some playlists withM3Unify. That all worked. Now GoFigure can't see the card ! The card mounts, is viewable and executable (i can play music and playlists) on a Mac. What could this be ?

Apr 13, 2018 at 6:16 AM Post #8,933 of 18,790
Even I can't see it connected to my home wifi (airport extreme), an app called Fing reports the Poly is still on my network and has a IP address. Now I keep pinging that ip address and hope it drain its battery faster

I never thought to see if my poly was still connected to my network.

And...............................nope, its not.

Ahwell, you did get my hopes up for a few seconds, but sadly it wasnt meant to be, 14 hours and counting and its still shinning its blue light.

Apr 13, 2018 at 6:21 AM Post #8,934 of 18,790
I never thought to see if my poly was still connected to my network.

And...............................nope, its not.

Ahwell, you did get my hopes up for a few seconds, but sadly it wasnt meant to be, 14 hours and counting and its still shinning its blue light.
Did you consider bringing it to your dealer and have them open the Poly and disconnect the battery? Saves you from waiting till the battery is totally drained.
Not sure if this would void the warranty but then it's the authorised dealer and not you opening it up...
Perhaps @Matt Bartlett could advise an alternative solution to reset?

Apr 13, 2018 at 7:01 AM Post #8,935 of 18,790
I’m getting really weird behaviour with the playlists in GoFigure.

list.jpg

IMG_0127.PNG

The first playlist [All Poly Music.m3u] is missing, but the second playlist [American Music Club.m3u] is listed twice, once with the file extension, the other time without.

list2.jpg

IMG_0128.PNG

There are no hidden files on the folder.

I tried duplicating the [All Poly Music.m3u] playlist and renaming it as [— All Poly Music —.m3u] and it does appear in the list so it’s not an issue with the playlist.

Anyone else experiencing anything similar? It’s driving me nuts.

Oh, also it’s worth mentioning that good old Glider loads and displays all playlists correctly.

IMG_0129.PNG

Apr 13, 2018 at 7:15 AM Post #8,936 of 18,790
Did you consider bringing it to your dealer and have them open the Poly and disconnect the battery? Saves you from waiting till the battery is totally drained.
Not sure if this would void the warranty but then it's the authorised dealer and not you opening it up...
Perhaps @Matt Bartlett could advise an alternative solution to reset?

My dealer is 300 miles away from me, I will give it a few days to see if the battery is draining, if not I will figure out something, I have 5 years standard warranty, and a 6 year eu warranty, so its not an urgent matter, plus mojo still works as does hugo2, so I am covered.

I kept my poly in roon mode before the new firmware and gofigure release, poly at that time was an indoor only solution.

Once I started using gofigure I started exploring polys mobile options and was begining to really enjoy it until last night, Chord are aware of bricked polys and are trying to find out what the cause was/is and I have been reassured by matt that once the battery dies, it will reset and start working again, hopefully the battery runs out before the 5/6 year warranty period expires.

Just to add, I also had similar playlist problems. Quick play would only see and play files in the root of the sd card, all my albums in folders just were not seen. The playlist was at times showing as “My Music” or “My Music.m3u”. I am guessing that the .m3u wasnt meant to be seen ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 13, 2018 at 7:21 AM Post #8,938 of 18,790
Does refreshing the DLNA database ( Gogfigure - General Settings ) make any difference?

Hi Matt

Nope - same issue unfortunately.

I’ve also tried deleting all the playlists and poly DB files and also deleted and reinstalled GoFigure. Still the issue persists.

I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing the first playlist getting mixed up with the 2nd or something like that.

Happy to email the m3u files over if it helps?

Apr 13, 2018 at 7:25 AM Post #8,940 of 18,790
Hi Matt

Nope - same issue unfortunately.

I’ve also tried deleting all the playlists and poly DB files and also deleted and reinstalled GoFigure. Still the issue persists.

I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing the first playlist getting mixed up with the 2nd or something like that.

Happy to email the m3u files over if it helps?

Yes sure email me over some example files to see if I can work out what is happening.
Just as a quick check I just tried creating an 'All Poly Music' playlist using MPDluxe and it worked fine once the database had refreshed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back